• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
It would be really silly if they'd recast him for the first Hawkeye-titled Marvel Studios production that also happens to serve as his departure from the MCU. It would make no sense whatsoever and just writing Clint out of the show would be the more sensible choice.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Only now just realized that the music Steve and Peggy dance to at the end of Endgame is the same music Fury plays when he shows up injured to Steve's apartment in WS

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
You can definitely tell Infinity Ward started working on Modern Warfare back in 2016.

maxresdefault.jpg

hx6s5Vu.png

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seems that Marvel Studios will delve into Clint Barton's backstory in his Hawkeye Disney+ show:

"Well, I chose that one specifically because we haven't gotten a chance to tell Clint Barton's story," she said when asked why she chose to work on the upcoming Disney+ TV series. "You've seen Thor have several movies. You know his backstory. Cap has several movies, Tony has a few, so they've all had their chance, and Clint Barton hasn't gotten a chance to tell his past."

"[Matt] Fraction's run is absolutely one of the most amazing things. I remember sitting there are reading through the Fraction run and going, this is amazing. This is absolutely amazing. This is something we can do. So wanting to tell Clint's backstory, after reading Fraction's run and getting excited for Kate Bishop there's something really interesting that I think the two of them can have."

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
^That sounds great. I just hope they don't have to change that direction if shit does hit the fan with Renner.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

My thoughts:

It sounds interesting, but Zemo thinking he can implant chips into billions of people sounds *realllllly* dumb. Also, why would Alfre Woodard's character be back. At all.

I think the madbomb storyline sounds interesting, and way more plausible.

(I consider 4chan to be absolutely unreliable, but I thought it'd be fun to get your hot takes :)

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

My thoughts:

It sounds interesting, but Zemo thinking he can implant chips into billions of people sounds *realllllly* dumb. Also, why would Alfre Woodard's character be back. At all.

(I consider 4chan to be absolutely unreliable, but I thought it'd be fun to get your hot takes :)

Maybe some nanomachine virus that self replicates microchips when they infect people

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe some nanomachine virus that self replicates microchips when they infect people

Ehhhhhhh.....maybe. I'd rather USAgent go crazy because of some instability in the Super Soldier Formula. Also, I forgot to mention this before but
C'MON, the Abomination, REALLY? It's like they just picked a bunch of people who haven't been seen in forever, and said "yep, gonna be in it."

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
So Marvel Studios is going to recycle an enemy from the Netflix TV series into their own series? If true, LOL.

But this is from 4chan, so...

EDIT: so they're two separate characters who happen to share the same name apparently... weird.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Not saying it's bad... was just observing how funny Marvel Studios continues to disregard the canon of the Marvel Television shows, though it doesn't seem to be the case according to the report.
Oh, okay. I've always found it funny/odd how TV and MCU were kept separate. I suppose the control between the two was too much to deal with easily.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's likely the same rumor as Jon, Ritter and Cox reprising their roles after the Netflix contracts end.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
w28HX9B.jpg

I'm probably many years too late but I rewatched TFA and have no idea how I missed this.

Feige somehow managed to sneak in the Human Torch.

I wonder what are the odds of seeing Jim Hammond in an MCU film.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Knowing Feige, he specifically put that there as an option if they went that route with Vision's origin.

I still wish we had the Pym-Ultron-Vision connection in the MCU. I wish Pym and Janet were both much bigger deals.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With the FF back they probably wouldn't want to introduce the original Human Torch. Seems like a recipe for brand confusion.

I'd be all over and Invaders movie or series or what have you. Not sure how they'd do it without stepping on TFA's timeline, though. Maybe have it take place in the Pacific Theater, and use Isaiah Bradley? And an Asian actor cast as Namor... maybe include some of the Howling Commandos... now I'm disappointed it'll never happen.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

My thoughts:

Please don't use Bounding into Comics as a source. It's alt right trash.

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
w28HX9B.jpg

I'm probably many years too late but I rewatched TFA and have no idea how I missed this.

Feige somehow managed to sneak in the Human Torch.

I wonder what are the odds of seeing Jim Hammond in an MCU film.

I actually noticed this a few weeks ago when i rewatched the UHD version of the film. Makes me wonder if Marvel had the rights to the android version of the Human Torch pre-buyout, or since this is vague that he skirted by it.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Is the infinity saga box set US exclusive or something? Don't even see pre orders available for canada...

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Alan Horn and Tom Rothman talk about the Spider-Man deal:

Alan and Tom, you recently had a little dispute over Spider-Man. What was the one thing above all else that resolved that standoff over Marvel producing the next Sony installment?

HORN The fan base, which is important to all of us, seemed to really respond to what Tom and his folks have done before with our people. They like the fact that the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Kevin Feige were involved [in the two Spider-Man films]. We heard feedback out there that suggested that joining forces once again was probably really a good idea.

Will this partnership continue after the trilogy? Tom, you've shown you can do Spider-Man without Marvel on the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

ROTHMAN Yes, we have. But I agree with my distinguished colleague. This was a classic win-win-win. A win for Sony, a win for Disney, a win for the fans. The only thing I would say is that news cycles and the rhythm of negotiations do not necessarily overlap. And this is, in the words of Shakespeare, a consummation devoutly to be wished. We would have gotten there, and the news got ahead of some things.

LOL at Rothman quoting Shakespeare.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Remember when all the Sony fanboys crowed about Sony winning, because Disney agreed to put their channels on Vue, in exchange for 2 more Marvel produced Spidey movies? Good times, good times.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
If you needed proof that the MCU is GOAT, look no further than the Nats winning the chip after playing the Avengers theme to introduce their players

Status
Not open for further replies.