• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So Antman 3 is Pym Particles Productions III
Ms. Marvel is Circle Q Productions
Hawkeye is FingerGuns Productions
Hawkeye being Finger Guns would make sense given the context. Plus if this report is on the money, Marvel Studios is gonna stick with Renner as Hawkeye (though I'd imagine that it's pending the results of the trial). As such, we probably shouldn't expect any delays on that front.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Doesn't Olsen have this thing too but like Wandavision, it's just a Miniseries? After Hawkeye, she'll be in the movies?
Going by Ms. Marvel, it's safe to assume that Kate Bishop will eventually make the jump to the movies. I'd imagine that Marvel Studios will cross that bridge when they get there.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
That's a pretty restrictive clause. I doubt know why any actor would agree to that and I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to uphold in court.

Found the source:

One factor believed to be holding up the deal is Steinfeld's role on "Dickinson." It had previously been reported when Steinfeld was first offered the "Hawkeye" role that Apple had not cleared her to star in another series due to a non-compete clause in her contract. Such clauses can prevent an actor or actress from taking another role at a competing streamer for a considerable amount of time, though given Steinfeld's A-lister status, sources say she and her team should be able to negotiate around that.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ha...wkeye-disney-plus-dickinson-apple-1203378527/

Oct 31, 2017
Mentioned it in the BO thread, but Dark Fate bombing made me think it. I'm not sure about this 2022 rumored date for FF. IMO 2022 would be better served with Feb - Blade, May - Panther 2, July - Ant Man 3, add a new Nov date - Guardians 3.

The best thing they can do with X-Men and FF is take their sweet time. Introduce them slowly and organically. Right now the GA sees those two properties as damaged. They have been burned too many times by crappy movies. A titular title shouldn't come until we have seen the characters introduced in another movie or two. Make them cool again before a main title. Not that dissimilar from how they treated Spider-man, but it may take a couple of movies as opposed to just one.

Dark Fate is a good movie, but people have been burned too much by the franchise, so the movie bombed.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
They can take the Spider-Man approach. Yeah TASM 2 didn't "bomb" as bad as the last FF but it was terrible. Homecoming got great reviews and washed a lil of the stink off. Far From Home effectively got rid of all the stink and gave Spidey it's first Billy.

I think the MCU is smart enough to have the first FF or X-Men movie be great and outgross and of their past movies. Fantastic Four's opening weekend might earn more than their last movie.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Right now the GA sees those two properties as damaged. They have been burned too many times by crappy movies. A titular title shouldn't come until we have seen the characters introduced in another movie or two.
If Marvel Studios would announce an X-Men titled movie right now, everybody would go crazy. Add a good trailer, have the movie be good, and it makes all the money, no doubt about that. Regardless, I'm curious if they'll actually introduce some of the X-Men in different movies before their own. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities, but I don't think it would be necessary, financially or story-wise.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see a new F4 in 2023. I think enough time will have passed since the last shit one, and audiences know the deal with the MCU by now. Feature another MCU character in the first one just to really beat it into the head of the masses and we're good.

For X-Men, I think they could build up the first true team up film into a huge event. Start with either solo films like a Deadpool, or feature mutants in other movies.

I totally expect to see Storm in Black Panther 2 or 3. Rogue in Captain Marvel.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
All they gotta do is put "From the studio that brought you Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame" in the marketing. Problem solved.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might be the first time that actually means something.

Weird observation, but you are pretty much right. After the last two Avengers movies Marvel Studios has become a glowing symbol of quality. If they told me they were making a Catwoman movie with Halle Berry that was a sequel to the original I would go see it and expect it to be good at this point.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'll put out an F4 movie first since it's been a minute since F4NT4STIC and no one even remembers that. X-Men will be on the back-burner for a while so Hickman can do his thing and essentially write that shit for them.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

This is nice to see.

WandaVision also starts shooting this week!

Kevin Feige said this over the weekend:
"We've announced a lot of it. We're into it as we speak. One's in post, one's shooting, two others start next week. It's going to be an amazing future."

Mark Rufallo also talks about Bruce being a guru to one of the newer heroes. That's what he wants, but it felt like a tease.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they if they have someone cast and are ready to shoot in the next 6 months, they would need it out ASAP. Because - like with Tom Holland as Spider-Man - there's a lot of "teen hero" content to get through, and not a lot of time to get through it.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
did you guys see this...potential leak of Multiverse of Madness
  • The Scarlet Witch creates the "Multiverse of Madness" after falling under the influence of Nightmare. Doctor Strange must rescue her to prevent the collapse of reality.
  • Strange assembles a team of sorcerers to help him navigate the Multiverse of Madness, consisted of Wong, Mordo, Clea and Drumm. Strange and Mordo clash on whether Wanda can be saved or must be executed. Strange and Clea develop a bond. Wong and Drumm have an unlikely friendship.
  • Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Benedict Wong and Chiwetel Ejiofor are (obviously) returning. Rebecca Ferguson and Aldis Hodge are in talks for Clea and Drumm. Tilda Swinton will make an appearance as the Ancient One.
  • Several high-profile male and female actors are being discussed for Nightmare, including Eva Green, Emily Blunt, Claire Foy, Vanessa Kirby, Natalie Dormer, Ewan McGregor, James McAvoy, Cillian Murphy, Dan Stevens and Jared Leto.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If I actually paid attention to the link first I wouldn't have bothered clicking the spoiler. 🙁

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If I actually paid attention to the link first I wouldn't have bothered clicking the spoiler. 🙁

Yeah that actually sounded really cool, well except for Leto and Cillian Murphy being eyed for the role of Nightmare. Cillian I'd good but a bit to on the nose and Jared Leto is.. Jared Leto.

Dec 31, 2017
:

Mark Rufallo also talks about Bruce being a guru to one of the newer heroes. That's what he wants, but it felt like a tease.

Like his cousin?

The best thing they can do with X-Men and FF is take their sweet time. Introduce them slowly and organically. Right now the GA sees those two properties as damaged. They have been burned too many times by crappy movies. A titular title shouldn't come until we have seen the characters introduced in another movie or two. Make them cool again before a main title. Not that dissimilar from how they treated Spider-man, but it may take a couple of movies as opposed to just one..
The damage to the brand created by Fant4stic is almost forgotten and will be nearly a decade away when the film is released.

X-Men needs more caution as the bad taste left by Dark Phoenix and quite likely New Mutants is relatively fresh. Deadpool is almost a separate franchise and if Disney is true to its word and retains its R rating, it will difficult to use a sequel to springboard a reboot.

Last edited:

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Sebastian Stan posted his dogtag:

ffznzxc0luw31.png

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Just to tally, do you all think that Ms. Marvel will be out by the end of 2021 considering that filming supposedly starts next April?

Even the films usually have about a year/year and a half of post-production, so worst case scenario I'd say we're looking at a January 2022 release date, but 2021 seems more likely.
Or Reddit, where they got the original rumor from.
Reddit usually has some good scoops though. /r/marvelstudiosspoilers has done some cleaning and they don't allow linking to WGTC anymore (as well as a few more sites), and they are pretty good, specially with movie summaries when close to release.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.