• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
July 2023: Spider-Man 4 (seems like Sony would yoink this placeholder date like they did with Homecoming if/when the current deal is extended)
I doubt Disney/Marvel Studios will forfeit that date for Sony. With Homecoming they had no idea a Sony-Marvel Studios deal would happen when they planned out phase 3. Now they know exactly what Sony would probably want if they extend the deal. They're not going to carefully plan out all their upcoming movies and then shift it all after July 2021, as if they're caught unawares. So, if they extend the deal and Sony still wants a Spider-Man movie every two years, then I assume they'll indeed do a fifth movie in 2023 in late June or early July.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking GoTG 3 is 2023 for sure, since The Suicide Squad comes out 2021 and Gunn needs time before starting another blockbuster.

Feb. 18, 2022: Ant-Man 3
May 6, 2022: Black Panther 2
July 29, 2022: Captain Marvel 2
Oct. 7, 2022: Blade
Feb. 17, 2023: Fantastic Four
May 5, 2023: Young Avengers
July 28, 2023: Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Nov. 3, 2023: Nova? Deadpool?

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
That's what I'm thinking. Either they drop one of the dates for Spidey or just wait for 2024 if/when the deal is extended.
Honestly, a trilogy of movies set in high school then a little break before another trilogy in college sounds dope
These disney + shows are going to be so weird and i'm here for it

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I doubt Disney/Marvel Studios will forfeit that date for Sony. With Homecoming they had no idea a Sony-Marvel Studios deal would happen when they planned out phase 3. Now they know exactly what Sony would probably want if they extend the deal. They're not going to carefully plan out all their upcoming movies and then shift it all after July 2021, as if they're caught unawares. So, if they extend the deal and Sony still wants a Spider-Man movie every two years, then I assume they'll indeed do a fifth movie in 2023 in late June or early July.
To be fair, Disney would still see 25% for Spidey if the current deal is maintained. But I feel like this could be the case...
Honestly, a trilogy of movies set in high school then a little break before another trilogy in college sounds dope

Oct 31, 2017
They could have Spidey at the end of June and still have Nova or something else at the end of July.

That's too close. You gotta get people hungry. I am gonna watch BW OW because it's been a minute since the last Marvel movie. If I'm eating all the time I might have skipped it, or watched it on a Tuesday.

i don't think they'll evert do five movies a year so it seems that after the trilogy spidy will take more than two years off

That would be good and welcome. Or Sony takes him back for good this time.

I'm thinking GoTG 3 is 2023 for sure, since The Suicide Squad comes out 2021 and Gunn needs time before starting another blockbuster.

I would agree, but
Script check
Cast check
Director check

Everything is already in place, they just need to start shooting. Oct 2022 is about 14 months after SS releases. Marvel movies usually start shooting 12-14 months before release. It's possible.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Since Loki will start production early next year with an Early 2021 release, I guess it's safe to assume that Ms. Marvel will be out in 2021 given the reported April 2020 production start date. Hell, depending on how they handle things, She-Hulk & Moon Knight could also come out in 2021.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Feb. 18, 2022: Fan4stic 2 or some other new ip
May 6, 2022: Black Panther
July 29, 2022: Antman 3
Oct. 7, 2022: Blade

Feb. 17, 2023: Deadpool 3
May 5, 2023: Guardian 3
July 28, 2023: Captain Marvel 2
Nov. 3, 2023: ?

edit: swapped some around

Last edited:

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
There's 53 minutes of deleted scenes on the bonus disc:

• The deleted scene from Iron Man with Nick Fury which was released already.
  • The scene from Iron Man 2 with the video recording of his dad.
  • An alternate ending for Thor 2 in which Thor and Jane break up.
  • The scene from Age of Ultron with Captain Marvel.
  • An extended scene from Ant Man that shows Hank being a badass in Panama.
  • An alternate scene from Civil war in which Zemo steals the red book from an auction by poisoning everyone.
  • A scene from Doctor strange that mentions Mordo.
  • The scene from Thor Ragnarok in which Hela comes from an Alley in New York and Odin is homeless.
  • A scene from Black Panther in which Okoye interacts more with agent Ross.
  • Test footage for the Black Order.
  • A scene with Hulk Busting out of the Hulkbuster in Infinity War
  • that scene that leaked a long time ago from Infinity War in which Doctor Strange tells Peter to "Save them" meaning the Guardians, everyone thought it was fake but it turned out to be real.
  • Smart Hulk interacting with Natasha in Infinity War.
  • A scene from Ant Man and the Wasp in which Janet and Pym are looking for the Egghead guy which causes the explosion that creates Ghost.
  • A scene in the quantum realm in which Janet saves Hank.
  • A scene from Captain Marvel with a comic accurate Supreme Intelligence.
  • Some test footage with Smart Hulk.
  • Thor at the end of Endgame trying to kiss Valkyrie but she rejects him.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
There's 53 minutes of deleted scenes on the bonus disc:

• The deleted scene from Iron Man with Nick Fury which was released already.
  • The scene from Iron Man 2 with the video recording of his dad.
  • An alternate ending for Thor 2 in which Thor and Jane break up.
  • The scene from Age of Ultron with Captain Marvel.
  • An extended scene from Ant Man that shows Hank being a badass in Panama.
  • An alternate scene from Civil war in which Zemo steals the red book from an auction by poisoning everyone.
  • A scene from Doctor strange that mentions Mordo.
  • The scene from Thor Ragnarok in which Hela comes from an Alley in New York and Odin is homeless.
  • A scene from Black Panther in which Okoye interacts more with agent Ross.
  • Test footage for the Black Order.
  • A scene with Hulk Busting out of the Hulkbuster in Infinity War
  • that scene that leaked a long time ago from Infinity War in which Doctor Strange tells Peter to "Save them" meaning the Guardians, everyone thought it was fake but it turned out to be real.
  • Smart Hulk interacting with Natasha in Infinity War.
  • A scene from Ant Man and the Wasp in which Janet and Pym are looking for the Egghead guy which causes the explosion that creates Ghost.
  • A scene in the quantum realm in which Janet saves Hank.
  • A scene from Captain Marvel with a comic accurate Supreme Intelligence.
  • Some test footage with Smart Hulk.
  • Thor at the end of Endgame trying to kiss Valkyrie but she rejects him.
Man, are any of these scenes in Disney+ or just exclusive on the Phase 3 shit?

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Finally finished Runaways S2, and it's just so bad to mediocre. The writing is bad, plot can be convoluted, and this dynamic between kids and parents just doesn't work. I'm somewhat glad about the revelation at the end, cause these parents can in no way ever be redeemed. I hope they'll tie it all up next season and end it with Marvel Studios taking up television. Think I'm gonna binge The Punisher S2 now, at least it got Jon Bernthal.

Last edited:

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Have y'all explained the Eternals (post cast membership) to friends? I tried at brunch and couldn't. I showed the concept art as a depiction of how this film needs to accurately depict the world, it failed.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Have y'all explained the Eternals (post cast membership) to friends? I tried at brunch and couldn't. I showed the concept art as a depiction of how this film needs to accurately depict the world, it failed.

Naah, some of my friends are kinda informed already and for the rest it's just easier to wait for a trailer.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
A Thanos cameo should be enough to put butts in seats. I wonder if Marvel Studios will ever do a Thanos prequel.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I think Brolin was on board with a Thanos cameo.....I kind of feel like the eternals trilogy (or maybe the first movie) has to end with the destruction of Titan, as shown in IW.

Oct 31, 2017
Gotta remember when making predictions that Thunderbolts and Young Avengers are heavily rumored. Inhumans are rumored to be getting the reboot too plus in a year those netflix characters start reverting back to Marvel starting with Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil are all less than a year away from reverting. Punisher and Jessica Jones a bit over a year away. Though all the aforementioned properties could go to either a feature film or Disney+.

I think Marvel is moving to have 1 live action movie and 1 live action TV show every quarter. Plus whatever they do with animation. If I had to guess 2021 TV shows seem to be Loki, Wandavision, Hawkeye, Miss Marvel and 2022 will be Moon Knight, She Hulk and a couple of others, either season 2 of 2021 shows (if they have stories to tell) or new properties.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Nova, Ghost Rider and Ironheart are also rumored.

This was what they showed at comic con.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Loki's logo animation from comic con:

To think we're only 2 weeks and some change away from the first Black Widow trailer.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
i'm gonna laugh when that Lady Loki rumor above is true, and then that Finn Wolfhard as Kid Loki rumor is true, and then they announce Jeremy Irons or someone as Old Loki, and then it turns out this show's main cast is all Lokis

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
lol

The main cast can't all be Lokis, he's gotta interact with other people. Unless they're gonna do some Loki of the Week type thing where each episode is about a different Loki. That could be cool.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they include Cat Loki :v
cat-thor.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017

"I think we've made something very raw and very painful and very beautiful and I think people are going to be really surprised by the outcome of a big action film having that much heart. And I know lots of people will be emotional about her beacuse her character had such a hard ending [in "Infinity War"], but it was special learning from her, and she's been doing this for like 10 years in those films. For this to be her film was special. And I got to be there and see how she does stunts and lives it, and it's so her."

More in the link.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So part of me thinks Feige taking over TV was kinda planned a year in advance because it feels convenient all these shows are ending at the same period.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The wealth of characters Marvel is pursuing for phase 4 and beyond is really almost overwhelming. It's crazy that any one of these properties, including their already proven earners, will now regularly go 4-5 years before getting a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.