• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
But then it's kind of weird they were still starting Helstrom and (planning to start) Ghost Rider, right?

that's because it wasn't planned, although the internal politics have certainly been shifting in Feige's favor for a while (most prominently evidenced by the lack of Marvel Television content for Disney+), so one could argue the semantics if you really like

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
On an unrelated note -- it's kind of wild that when Black Widow comes out, Scarlett will have been playing this character for 10 years. She'll have been playing her longer than anyone has performed a role in the MCU, just short of RDJ's 11-year stint as Tony (and excluding sporadic cameos by Favreau, Paltrow, and Hurt).

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this might be the only place to talk about marvel movies for now.

Just seems so damn pretentious and miserable on this forum now.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
But then it's kind of weird they were still starting Helstrom and (planning to start) Ghost Rider, right?
Stuff like that happens in large companies all the time. Top leadership will be discussing changes for months with the managers and team members below knowing anything until the day leadership decides to announce it. I see it all the time at my job and I work in a completely different industry.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The main cast can't all be Lokis, he's gotta interact with other people. Unless they're gonna do some Loki of the Week type thing where each episode is about a different Loki. That could be cool.

screen-shot-2014-02-19-at-8-51-10-pm.png

067c4e0493258224b5d19a72bac4faec.jpg

a824e8ea948bacb9db3785e08bd46dd3.jpg

rYQC5D8Wjn5Ybq5WnR68tif7Rb0Xj_Foi485IEzwgtgtJvDP2Z6aeKd6tU5EtwxJcW0AykpRdaw=s0

tumblr_inline_o3tw5qYA7S1qldhit_500.png

fem-loki-agent-of-asgard-5.png

They totally could do Loki talking to different versions of himself for a whole series.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Hmm. I think his comment was more about BP being downgraded from movies to tv, then.
I think it's more about time. What If is only a voice role for one (?) episode. He says he wouldn't team up with another Avenger for a show, so I don't think it's abot relegating Black Panther to a show instead of the mainline BP movies. He wants to do other stuff that's not a franchise. Here's his answer in context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=195&v=MPXFvAZKToc

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's more about time. What If is only a voice role for one (?) episode. He says he wouldn't team up with another Avenger for a show, so I don't think it's abot relegating Black Panther to a show instead of the mainline BP movies. He wants to do other stuff that's not a franchise. Here's his answer in context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=195&v=MPXFvAZKToc

Well, allright then. He's working for the wrong studio if he doesn't want to be part of a franchise.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
TV is a longer commitment than making a movie, and Boseman's career is just really taking off now. Guy just wants to be available for as many movie opportunities he can get.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, here's the video of her interview:

My Art of Endgame book should be arriving today :O
That's nice! There's a cool concept art of Stephen Strange in the Iron Man suit.

Here's another deleted scene of Tony having a look at the Quantum suit (they're probably gonna remove the video soon):

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
This may be the best thing I've ever read:

Speaking of which:

What do you think of the criticism leveled at Marvel movies by filmmakers like Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola and others who argue it's not cinema?

Bong
: I have so much respect for Scorsese and Coppola, and I grew up studying their films. So I fully understand the context of their comments and I respect their opinion. But on the other hand, if I look at the films individually, I enjoyed "Guardians of the Galaxy," James Mangold's "Logan" and "Winter Soldier" by the Russo Brothers. There are great cinematic moments in those films.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, here's the video of her interview:

That's nice! There's a cool concept art of Stephen Strange in the Iron Man suit.

Here's another deleted scene of Tony having a look at the Quantum suit (they're probably gonna remove the video soon):

Tony spent 27 days with her. He should *know* what her group is called. I'm glad they deleted that scene. It makes him look like a shithead, after what the two of them went through together.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
There is TONS of Hulk concept art in the art of Endgame book that ended up going unused in the film. Bearded hulk, athletic wear hulk... lots of cool stuff.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is TONS of Hulk concept art in the art of Endgame book that ended up going unused in the film. Bearded hulk, athletic wear hulk... lots of cool stuff.

I'm still slightly salty that we never saw the Hulk truly strut and dominate in Endgame. I guess we just have to hope he gets a chance to in a future movie.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still slightly salty that we never saw the Hulk truly strut and dominate in Endgame. I guess we just have to hope he gets a chance to in a future movie.
i mean, he does it in basically every other movie he's in

the movie can't always just end with "throw the hulk at the bad guy". happened to loki, kind of happened to ultron (at least in his primary body), he was smacking the shit out of Surtur before Thor and Valkyrie called him off

i'm glad we got Smart Hulk, and he got to be the one to bring back the snapped

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck

There's concept art for a scene where hulk is going to throw spidey across the battlefield

Then it zooms out and GIANT MAN IS THROWING HULK WHO IS THROWING SPIDEY

WHY DIDNT THEY DO THIS

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Damn there's art of Nebula using the gauntlet

Baby thanos

Shuma gorath? or some squid looking thing. Yeah just some squid creature it seems. Design reminds me of shuma.

Strange in Iron Man armor and Stark with Strange's cloak. This would have been the battle on the ship during infinity war. It looked super intricate.

Then they were like "naw just blast a hole through the ship"

here's some pics, sorry for the glare:

*I meant Nebula, that's 2014 Nebula.

Last edited:

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

Baby thanos

Shuma gorath? or some squid looking thing. Yeah just some squid creature it seems. Design reminds me of shuma.

Strange in Iron Man armor and Stark with Strange's cloak. This would have been the battle on the ship during infinity war. It looked super intricate.

1. Baby Thanos is adorable.
2. Wakandan Armor looks like BvS Batman.

Oct 29, 2017

Baby thanos

Imagine if Endgame had the best cinematic Batman costume in years.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
I wonder if he will do voice work for What If...

He was confirmed as being in What If, so it's not like he's against the concept of D+ or anything, he just doesn't want to star in one of the shows as it would take time away from doing other, non-BP-related projects in between BP movies. Voice work for 1 (?) episode of an animated show takes much less time.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

Baby thanos

Strange in an Iron Man suit seems almost too OP.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Chloe Zhao and her team have set up tents and containers and is getting ready to film at the Cuervo Volcano, and in different parts of Lanzarote.

Apparently there'll be hundreds of people as part of a huge battle between Eternals and Deviants. Salma Hayek arrived today. Richard Madden, Kit Harrington and Gemma Chan will supposedly be there. I could see Angelina be part of it as well, she's Thena, the warrior.

Should keep an eye out for new set pics soon. They are filming from today until Saturday.

Seems like Zain Al Rafeea of Capernaum fame is also part of the cast, probably just a minor role though.

v1b8kqp.jpg

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017

I really like her suit in Endgame with the reverse red/blue, it looks futuristic with the lines and all. But I still prefer the one in Captain Marvel.

Last edited:

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
UMMMMM What happened to Manabyte, i follow him on twitter for marvel news did something go down on here?? Cause people keep telling me to unfollow him cause he became an anti sjw and bigoted now or sumn, is that true??? wtf.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UMMMMM What happened to Manabyte, i follow him on twitter for marvel news did something go down on here?? Cause people keep telling me to unfollow him cause he became an anti sjw and bigoted now or sumn, is that true??? wtf.
He got...upset at Joker's success at Venice, iirc. As in, he was saying there'd be roving gangs of incels beating up folks in clown masks. So, he got banned for that.

Then, he got even more upset, so upset that he threatened to destroy this forum on Twitter.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
He got...upset at Joker's success at Venice, iirc. As in, he was saying there'd be roving gangs of incels beating up folks in clown masks. So, he got banned for that.

Then, he got even more upset, so upset that he threatened to destroy this forum on Twitter.
Sounds like him, the fear monger. Did the same during the Gunn issue where he posted stuff that the alt right or those like them would post.

Status
Not open for further replies.