• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The last couple of weeks Manabyte has been teasing Namor for Black Panther 2 (that rumor originated months ago and died but recently it got back from the dead) so I'm not so sure about that Doom rumor (honestly both options sound great to me)

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a good chance we see both FF and X-Men introduced slowly through other MCU films, before they start getting their own, standalone movies.

That's the ultimate power of the MCU right there. Civil War was the greatest Black Panther commercial possible.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think there's a good chance we see both FF and X-Men introduced slowly through other MCU films, before they start getting their own, standalone movies.

That's the ultimate power of the MCU right there. Civil War was the greatest Black Panther commercial possible.
And now Black Panther may be the best Fantastic Four commercial possible.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So many possibilities, exciting times ahead.
There's a lot that can be covered in a Doomwar adaptation. The mystical properties of vibranium, Doom's own motivations, the chess-like moves between T'Challa & Doom, and even Doom's confrontation with Bast herself. Not to mention that it would give Shuri a lot more to do. It could be a slam dunk if done right.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

Part of why I think Captain Marvel's boxoffice is so impressive. A character we haven't seen at all and it joined the billy club. Civil War was an amazing debut for Spidey and BP. Some probably say it hurt the BP character a little because Panther was so set on revenge and it made his character badass.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There's also one X-Factor in Doomwar that could be a show-stealer & would explain a certain property coming to the MCU proper.
Deadpool being the wild card. Though perhaps Coogler may not want to go that route since it may undermine the story he wants to tell. But the unorthodox decision of getting Deadpool to help could demonstrate a change in approach for T'Challa. War Machine also shows up near the end, but his appearance is minor enough to where Rhodey could be kept or cut depending on how much of the original story Coogler wants to keep.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Part of why I think Captain Marvel's boxoffice is so impressive. A character we haven't seen at all and it joined the billy club. Civil War was an amazing debut for Spidey and BP. Some probably say it hurt the BP character a little because Panther was so set on revenge and it made his character badass.

feige sold the world on captain marvel with a fucking PAGER

what a legend

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

I wonder if we'll see some Disney+ X-Men shows that introduce some of the X-Men before a movie.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler Policy
  1. Use spoiler tags for text or pictures containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies or TV shows.
  2. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies and TV shows.
  3. Use spoiler tags when discussing or posting images from newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.
  4. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information for newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.
  5. Do not use spoiler tags for casting announcements, unsubstantiated rumors and speculation, nonspecific impressions of released movies and TV shows, or your meaningless headcanon.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
They've just had a live show going on on Youtube, and confirmed Kevin Feige will be at CCXP19 next week.

Black Widow also seem to have been moved up from May 1 to April 30 in a few countries.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
42?!?!?

91ssbb6CJnL._SL1500_.jpg

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

Don't think the official costume will looks as good as this but I could only hope that it's similar on camera...
Heck we might not even get to see Kit in costume in the movie at all.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the CCXP Marvel panel is 45 minutes long next weekend. Maybe we'll get some release dates filled in.

Deadpool, Ant-Man, Blade.

And that Black Widow trailer is just days away hnng.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder how the MCU is gonna handle Psylocke after the changes Hickman & Co. brought about. Will they...
  • Stick with the classic version of Psylocke (Betsy trapped in Kwannon's body)
  • Go with the new changes (Kwannon as Psylocke, Betsy as possibly the modern-day Captain Britain)
    • Brian exists in the 70's going by Endgame, so perhaps say that one of Betsy's mutant powers is slower aging
  • Make Brian & Betsy half-Asian & keep Betsy as Psylocke
I'm curious to see how Feige & Co. will eventually approach the matter.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how the MCU is gonna handle Psylocke after the changes Hickman & Co. brought about. Will they...
  • Stick with the classic version of Psylocke (Betsy trapped in Kwannon's body)
  • Go with the new changes (Kwannon as Psylocke, Betsy as possibly the modern-day Captain Britain)
    • Brian exists in the 70's going by Endgame, so perhaps say that one of Betsy's mutant powers is slower aging
  • Make Brian & Betsy half-Asian & keep Betsy as Psylocke
I'm curious to see how Feige & Co. will eventually approach the matter.

Just cast an Asian to begin with and skip the whole Kwannon x Betsy thing.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
They could easily change Brian and Betsy's relationship to begin with, they don't necessarily need to be siblings. She could be his niece or something.

And I agree with Nakenorm, just cast her as Asian and don't even touch the whole Kwannon nonsense.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
So with Disney Plus I decided to watch all of the MCU films as I think I can watch them all on that and Netflix. The last MCU film I saw was the original Avengers and I know very little about the subsequent films other than most of them are considered good.

Initial Thoughts through Iron Man 3:

Captain America is by far the best film in Phase I though all of the other films are decent to good. I say Thor might be the weakest just because the Earth plot is pretty blah.

Just finished Iron Man 3. Is this considered the worst of the MCU films? Because woof, it is not good. The beginning is just incredibly uneven and it never gets off from there. Also the tone is not consistent at all with the first two Iron Mans.

oh well next is Dark World, wish me luck.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Iron Man 3 is probably the most polarizing MCU film. Some people swear by it, and others think they're crazy.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iron Man 3 is probably the most polarizing MCU film. Some people swear by it, and others think they're crazy.

There are dozens of us!
7rZa.gif

Well I'm trying to do one a week so I don't get burned out so I won't see that one until like February.

Ragnarök is one of the best comic book movies of all time, but it's absolutely nothing like the 2 first Thor films. It's got more in common with Guardians of the Galaxy I'd say, which you will know what it means in a couple of weeks.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Iron man 3 is certainly watchable, but for people to claim it's the best one, or even worse, the best marvel movie makes me wonder why they watch marvel movies, if the one they like the best is the most tonally inconsistant marvel film. I find thinking Iron Man 3 is better than IM 1 to be baffling. But I genuinely like IM 2, so what do I know? :)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I also like Dark World better than IM3 (but it's like DW, IM3, Hulk) at the bottom of my list. Cause always remember, as bad as a marvel movie is, it's not The Incredible Hulk.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I just skipped that one. Didn't see the point in watching a movie when the Hulk is recast after that movie.
Only things you need to know is who the Hulk is (which you already do) and who General Ross is (which isn't that important from IH anyway because you'll get his gist later).

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I just skipped that one. Didn't see the point in watching a movie when the Hulk is recast after that movie.

There's *really* no reason to watch it. I only did cause vudu gave me a cheap rental(is it on D+? If it's free, I think you might want to watch it once, but skipping it is valid, too) and I wanted to watch all of the MCU movies to kill time while waiting for Endgame. I also bought it on vudu for 5 bucks, in case I go insane, and want to watch all of the MCU movies again. I won't watch it otherwise. But yeah, eminently skippable. And until civil war, almost non-canon.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't there rumors that we will see more of Abomination and Leader in the MCU. It might not be totally pointless.

And I think it's the only "Hulk Smash!" in the MCU so there's that.

I think there was a 4chan *rolls eyes* "rumor" about the abomination being in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which I can only describe as laughable (people, don't believe 4chan trolling). There was also a rumor that the leader was going to be the villain of the second hulk film, and maybe Betsy Ross in Thor?

Also, Cap said "Hulk, Smash" :)

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really love Incredible Hulk. I've seen it a few times, and I'd put it in the top half of MCU films - maybe even my top ten. Norton's Banner and Tyler's Betty have some great chemistry. I like Tim Roth as the proto-Abomination, and there's some great "military vs. Hulk" action sequences. It's just a good adaptation of the classic Hulk story - Banner on the run, military hunts him down, some tragic romance thrown in there.

It all sort of falls apart when they get to New York and devolves into a giant mindless fight scene but there's some good stuff that shines through.

But I''d put Iron Man 3 in my top five and don't really like The Winter Soldier so clearly I'm coming to the MCU for different reasons than most people.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
There's no such thing as rumors anymore. There's only fan speculation. Fans speculate a lot.

Speculation and made up bullshit that's been posted to 4chan. (you may ask, what's the difference: speculation comes from a place of wondering what might happen, given what information we have. Madeup bullshit is vomited out for the "lulz" so they can giggle to themselves about how they fooled people. See Qanon, for instance)

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I think there was a 4chan *rolls eyes* "rumor" about the abomination being in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which I can only describe as laughable (people, don't believe 4chan trolling). There was also a rumor that the leader was going to be the villain of the second hulk film, and maybe Betsy Ross in Thor?

I honestly don't know where they come from and pay much attention to them, but I thought Feige commented on them though.

Also, Cap said "Hulk, Smash" :

Doesn't count if Hulk doesn't say it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.