• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Hate for the mcu is next level delusional.

I'm convinced he's trolling. No one's that dellusional.

Oh, and my comment about people not being excited because BW's a prequel, and they know how it's going to end: That's why I didn't learn anything in history. I know how it ends. It's also why I only watch the last episode of any tv series, the last page of any book, and the last 10 minutes of any movie I watch. After all, what's the point of wasting time on something when you only need to know how it end?

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

IMG_20191202_100239.jpg

IMG_20191202_100259.jpg

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is still filming in Atlanta, but it looks like it'll take place in Brooklyn/NYC judging by the area code on the sign.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Sam already in here doing the right thing.

Also, we have entered BLACK WIDOW week!

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I wonder when we'll get the trailer exactly. Bond is Wednesday and there's been no hints at it yet.

What are you guys hoping for the trailer? I don't think it'll be crazy hype because it's the first trailer so I'm expecting a lot of did she need a movie and who asked for this movie but just hoping we see some action and a good look of Taskmaster.

I love the big movies but the action from Winter Soldier and some of Civil War and Black Panther was something that was great. I love seeing Thor enter Wakanda and the Portals scene in Endgame but I'd probably watch Bucky and Cap escape his apartment or the highway scene in TWS more.

Has there been any mention of Winter Soldier being in Black Widow?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
reminder that Emily Blunt and John Krasinski are still not cast as Sue and Reed Richards, and that is a goddamn tragedy.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it weird that there isn't an official announcement or even a teaser for the teaser trailer of the Black Widow movie, if it is really happening tomorrow?

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Looks hype.

Car chase? Check.
Familia? Check.
Ridiculous action? Check.

We Fast & Furious now bois.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer looks sick and it feels different from anything that's come before in the MCU. My Florence Pugh is already kicking down the door. The air falling looks green screen as hell though, I'm not too thrilled about that scene. I hope they keep the movie as down to earth as possible but it seems like they really want to have that spectacle. I actually didn't expect Yelena and Milena to have Russian accents either. I'm a little disappointed in what they've shown us of the kitchen fight, the choreography and cuts and Yelena roll especially looks awkward but the push looked raw which I like.

Last edited:

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Watching the trailer it hit me once again that this movie REALLY should've been released between Civil War and Infinity War. That doesn't lessen my excitement at all, but it does sadden me a bit. It might just be the only (MCU) movie that I'll watch out of release order, unlike, say, Captain Marvel or the first Captain America. Looking forward to watching Civil War, Black Widow, and then Infinity War and Endgame.

I do, however, hope that her 'family' here does not invalidate her words on having nothing and the Avengers being her only family in Endgame.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It could be that she used to have these Russians but they've been secretly plotting to bring her back into the program or some shit, and thus the Avengers are still her only family.

Anyway, saw the trailer again and those accents are terrible. Pugh has such a lovely accent, and it's been traded for this but I get it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I've said it before, but I think the best way to do Psylocke is to have her be a Japanese girl adopted by wealthy British parents who renamed her Betsy from Kwannon.
We just found out Kwannon wasn't her real name either.

But besides that, why make her adopted. Just have her be from a rich Japanese family in the UK if your going to keep her Japanese.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I'm interested in collecting the MCU artbooks, but I saw there's slipcase versions and hardcover versions. Which one of those is better? And also, which ones are rare to find?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Watching the trailer it hit me once again that this movie REALLY should've been released between Civil War and Infinity War. That doesn't lessen my excitement at all, but it does sadden me a bit. It might just be the only (MCU) movie that I'll watch out of release order, unlike, say, Captain Marvel or the first Captain America. Looking forward to watching Civil War, Black Widow, and then Infinity War and Endgame.

I do, however, hope that her 'family' here does not invalidate her words on having nothing and the Avengers being her only family in Endgame.

Black Widow Speculation
Perhaps the majority of them die, and Yelena switches sides, since she's a villain in the comics.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Ah great, that makes things easier! Which ones would you say are the most rare to find?
For a time I thought it was the first few, Iron Man, Cap 1, Thor 1. But then I saw they may have reprinted them? I guess the only way to really check is to just amazon or ebay for each one and see how expensive they are. I actually missed out on the first 3, but was able to get the big 3 pack all in one slip cover a short time later.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
For a time I thought it was the first few, Iron Man, Cap 1, Thor 1. But then I saw they may have reprinted them? I guess the only way to really check is to just amazon or ebay for each one and see how expensive they are. I actually missed out on the first 3, but was able to get the big 3 pack all in one slip cover a short time later.

Thanks! I guess I'll find out which ones are hard to come by.
Last question: The road to... artbooks are just summaries of the previous books, I assume. No new things added to put in the collection?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Thanks! I guess I'll find out which ones are hard to come by.
Last question: The road to... artbooks are just summaries of the previous books, I assume. No new things added to put in the collection?
That I don't know. I've never flipped through one of those. There's also this 2 pack for the first 10 years which I've had on preorder for over a year, but it doesn't seem like it's ever coming out.

EDIT - Oh snap, they put a release date for it as Sep 1, 2020! Jeeeeeeeesus.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
That I don't know. I've never flipped through one of those. There's also this 2 pack for the first 10 years which I've had on preorder for over a year, but it doesn't seem like it's ever coming out.

EDIT - Oh snap, they put a release date for it as Sep 1, 2020! Jeeeeeeeesus.

Oh, I've had this pre-ordered for a while too! But I believe it's less an artbook and more an overview of the entire MCU and BTS material.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. One of the Screenwriters for Black Widow (Jac Schaeffer) is also the Showrunner for WandaVision.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'm down with Peyton Reed doing the Fantastic Four movie, but in my heart, I want no one but Brad Bird to direct it. He's a longtime fan and he's the only director that's gotten the spirit of the F4 down and they're not even Marvel films. He'd be wonderful, I have no doubts about it.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
This is a great video

With everything that is going on i feel like we all need a bit of positivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.