• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
A week to week release schedule for the shows, plus the quarterly movie releases means we're actually approaching a reality wherein it's Marvel Time literally round the clock.

I'm not mad about this.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Bob Iger mentioned that Marvel Studios got 7 Disney+ shows in development besides FAWS, WandaVision and Loki. We know of What If, Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight and She-Hulk.

The last two could be anything. Iron Heart, Thunderbolts, Young Avengers, Secret Invasion, Ghost Rider, the Power Pack animation etc.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bob Iger mentioned that Marvel Studios got 7 Disney+ shows in development besides FAWS, WandaVision and Loki. We know of What If, Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight and She-Hulk.

The last two could be anything. Iron Heart, Thunderbolts, the Power Pack animation etc.
Clearly, it is Feige hiding a NEXTWAVE series with a budget to rival that of Avatars 2-5.

next-wave-11-009.jpg

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Bob Iger just confirmed Falcon and the Winter Soldier comes out in August, and WandaVision is December.

FAWS will almost certainly start after the Olympics, which ends the 9th, a Sunday. If they stick to their Friday episode drops, that means it'll premiere on the 14th at the earliest. Which means that if mando premiers the week after FAWS ends, and is 8 episodes again, Wandavision should start at the beginning of December.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense to not counter with the Games, no one really does.

I hope the later 2 projects are Power Pack and I wanna say Nova?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
As great as that looks to comic fans (and I certainly think it does), I think regular audiences would've been confused, and thought it looked goofy.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, where did this rumor start?
I can't remember. I think it was either The Illuminerdi or Murphy's Multiverse who talked about an actress either dropping out after getting the gig or rejecting the role.

All we know for a fact from Kevin Feige is that they recently had an actor turning them down.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Can we wait till a site has a good track record before we post them here? I read somewhere that the illuminerdi's only been around since August 2019, and I don't know if they've had any "scoops" proven to be true.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember. I think it was either The Illuminerdi or Murphy's Multiverse who talked about an actress either dropping out after getting the gig or rejecting the role.

All we know for a fact from Kevin Feige is that they recently had an actor turning them down.
Ah, gotcha. Hopefully, it wasn't my girl Geraldine.

Still, kinda boggling that an up-and-coming actor would reject Marvel like that. The only reason I could think of would be because of another commitment or just a reluctance to do commercial fare.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, gotcha. Hopefully, it wasn't my girl Geraldine.

Still, kinda boggling that an up-and-coming actor would reject Marvel like that. The only reason I could think of would be because of another commitment or just a reluctance to do commercial fare.

When they're under 18, you also have to factor in their manager, and parents as well. It's possible one of those two said no.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Can we wait till a site has a good track record before we post them here? I read somewhere that the illuminerdi's only been around since August 2019, and I don't know if they've had any "scoops" proven to be true.
It's mostly harmless speculation when the trades ain't feeding us. But I see where you're coming from. I'm perplexed by The Illuminerdi who suddenly came out of nowhere with all these Doctor Strange casting details, although backed up by multiple insiders. I just now looked into Braxter Timberlake and sees he has a past at ScreenRant who I've never given much stock. I myself don't take Illuminerdi at face value but it's fun to speculate sometimes.

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It's mostly harmless speculation when the trades ain't feeding us. But I see where you're coming from. I'm perplexed by The Illuminerdi who suddenly came out of nowhere with all these Doctor Strange casting details, although backed up by multiple insiders. I just now looked into Braxter Timberlake and sees he has a past at ScreenRant who I've never given much stock. I myself don't take Illuminerdi for face value but it's fun to speculate sometimes.

Well, that's actually a fair point, it is fun to speculate. I just worry about people treating every "rumor" as a fact. It's the same way I feel about 4chan rumor 95% of the time. But I agree about speculating about rumors.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Just here to say as happy as I am for Wiccan and Speed inevitably popping up I want Vivian in the MCU. We all know they're going to ape a lot of The Vision and then turn around and not give us Viv. It hurts.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
It's mostly harmless speculation when the trades ain't feeding us. But I see where you're coming from. I'm perplexed by The Illuminerdi who suddenly came out of nowhere with all these Doctor Strange casting details, although backed up by multiple insiders. I just now looked into Braxter Timberlake and sees he has a past at ScreenRant who I've never given much stock. I myself don't take Illuminerdi at face value but it's fun to speculate sometimes.

I think I read The Illuminerdi are a bunch of guys from That Hashtag Show.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how to feel. But I guess almost everybody felt the same way about the Russos being in charge of Winter Soldier and we know how that turned out to be so...

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
The language surrounding the article gives me pause, so I'll celebrate when Marvel confirms it.

If it's true though... phew

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Imagine the disappointment when negotations fail and it isn't going to be Raimi.

Fingers crossed for this to work out.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
SAM RAIMI DOCTOR STRANGE AAAAAAAAAHHHHH I'M SO HYPED
This is an upgrade if I've ever seen one, which you couldn't say about the other replacement directors, which maybe led Feige to dream a little bigger with this one, as well as it being crucial to the MCU's future

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly Raimi seems like the sort of nerd who would mark out over obscure Lee/Kirby monsters so I choose to take those Googam tweets at face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.