• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
it's so lame and frustrating how Apple is holding actor/actresses hostage like this.
Fucking ruining things for a lot of MCU/Hailee Steinfeld fans.
Hailee's agent also seemed very incompetent if they allowed this to happen.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, we've heard nothing about this clause til now.
We've known about it for the last few weeks, that they've been trying to work out this issue. I like to imagine Tim Cook and Bob Iger as calm as they seem to be, meeting for a cup of coffee and be like "no problem, we'll do you this favor." Cheers.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
We've known about it for the last few weeks, that they've been trying to work out this issue. I like to imagine Tim Cook and Bob Iger as calm as they seem to be, meeting for a cup of coffee and be like "no problem, we'll do you this favor." Cheers.
But knowing this shit, this streaming exclusive bullshit is gonna be a mess.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I just can't believe that she or her agent agreed to a contract with such a strong non-complete clause. Especially for a show on apple TV about Emily Dickinson.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
That agent thought they were bullshitting...

That agent is fired.

The money lost.... that Mahvel Money.... she gotta fire her agent after this.
Apple+ show goes where? a few more seasons?

D+ Hawkeye goes where? To the Big Screen, and eventually the next $B Avengers movie.
this is a BIG miss on her career, and I'm sure that's why everyone is working so hard to make it happen (everyone meaning Hailee and Marvel)

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
The money lost.... that Mahvel Money.... she gotta fire her agent after this.
Apple+ show goes where? a few more seasons?

D+ Hawkeye goes where? To the Big Screen, and eventually the next $B Avengers movie.
this is a BIG miss on her career, and I'm sure that's why everyone is working so hard to make it happen (everyone meaning Hailee and Marvel)
Yep she is going to miss out on a truckload of money.
From Young Avengers, to the big MCU event movies in the future, along with possible cameos in other MCU D+ series or solo movies...
Her agent fucking sucks man....

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
If she can get Kate, it'll be a miracle at this point.

Then again, Dickinson was in production just as Hawkeye was announced so her agent couldn't have known.

Then again, her agent sucks.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Then again, Dickinson was in production just as Hawkeye was announced so her agent couldn't have known.

It's not so much that the agent should've known about Hawkeye, but that he shouldn't've signed anything that onerous for an apple tv show about emily dickinson.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
You'd think they are smart enough to tie Venom and Morbius to middle age Peter Parker universe from Spiderverse. But nope.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I've already decided that the SCUM movies take place in a different universe, one where people are much the same as the MCU, but events were different.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Companies can have different logos!

I can ignore all of this if Morbius is a good movie.

Which it most likely will not be.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Oh man...If Sony really wants this to be a Tobey universe to try and compete with Holland I wish them the best of luck.

No one under 20 gives a shit about Tobey.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

Even if Hawkeye wasn't a thing, Her agent shouldn't have set her up with contracts that is going to hold her hostage from pursuing other potential deals in the industry, and limiting her earning potentials.
That's just absolutely idiotic and rookie mistake imo.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The original source of that is Daniel RPK or whatever his new Twitter handle is. He posted that info in his Patreon and then Manabyte spread it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The implication is so interesting though, that it's Kree sleeper cells and not Skrull. Or maybe Talos is wrong and the twist is that it's Skrulls posing as Kree! lol
6399i9733B3E4CA4764F7

General audiences trying to comprehend that lol

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
If Secret Invasion does end up being a Disney+ series instead of a movie, I wonder if they'll stick to the 6 episodes they've been talking about for the other shows or if it'll be more of a 3-4 hour affair.

And I wonder if they will use it as a vehicle to bring in some of these Young Avengers they are setting up

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
If Secret Invasion does end up being a Disney+ series instead of a movie, I wonder if they'll stick to the 6 episodes they've been talking about for the other shows or if it'll be more of a 3-4 hour affair.

And I wonder if they will use it as a vehicle to bring in some of these Young Avengers they are setting up

6, 45 minute episodes is already over 4 hours

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the show could be doing some setup for a movie? Do the Endgame thing where we go back through the movies to show when the switch happens.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they are adapting this?

clean.jpg

Dunno if I want Secret Invasion adapted anyways, Bendis stuff always gets messy.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
variety.com

‘Thor’ Sequel Writing Staff Recruits ‘Someone Great’s’ Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (EXCLUSIVE)

Jennifer Kaytin Robinson, who wrote and directed the Netflix pic "Someone Great," has joined the "Thor: Love and Thunder" writing team.
Sounds good. I don't know her work, but considering Waititi has said that he usually writes scripts over the course of many years (was it 10 years on and off for Jojo?), it seems reasonable that he gets some help now that he actually has a firm and close deadline.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
if Secret Invasion does end up on D+, that would be a welcome surprise imo.
This can also open doors for future MCU events on D+ also, instead of just the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.