• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly, he'll leave richer than he was before.

Wonder how things will be post his reign, I assume less...shifty. I know the comic side will enjoy him gone.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Pearlmutter allegedly retired.

:O

bigspideydance.gif

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Here's another Morbius plot leak, which was verified by the mods of the subreddit. It's different from the other one;

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/f21jlx/morbius_full_plot_leak/

Very interesting developments for the MCU if true

So, Toomes sets up the Sinister Six with Scorpion. Maybe even with Carnage. Toomes was blipped. Oscorp exists. The Raimi suit from the grafitti is also finally changed to the Homecoming suit.

Last edited:

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
So, Toomes sets up the Sinister Six with Scorpion. Maybe even with Carnage. Toomes was blipped. Oscorp exists. The Raimi suit from the grafitti is also finally changed to the Homecoming suit.
So it's safe to assume Sony is going to do a Sinister Six movie with Spider-Man, not Marvel Studios?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So it's safe to assume Sony is going to do a Sinister Six movie with Spider-Man, not Marvel Studios?
Possibly but not necessarily. We know from when negotiations broke down last year, Sony wants to do a third and fourth Spider-Man with Holland. We also know they want to a Spider-Man/Venom crossover. I'd assumed that fourth movie would be Spider-Man vs. Venom but if that Morbius leak is true, then maybe it'll be
Spider-Man and Venom vs. Sinister Six? With Carnage's involvement being the thing that pulls Venom into the mix.

In any case, right now the Sony/Marvel deal only covers the third film + another MCU appearance, so if that fourth film is what I think it is then they'd need to re-up again to make it a Marvel co-production.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Possibly but not necessarily. We know from when negotiations broke down last year, Sony wants to do a third and fourth Spider-Man with Holland. We also know they want to a Spider-Man/Venom crossover. I'd assumed that fourth movie would be Spider-Man vs. Venom but if that Morbius leak is true, then maybe it'll be
Spider-Man and Venom vs. Sinister Six? With Carnage's involvement being the thing that pulls Venom into the mix.

In any case, right now the Sony/Marvel deal only covers the third film + another MCU appearance, so if that fourth film is what I think it is then they'd need to re-up again to make it a Marvel co-production.

Honestly, your idea sounds pretty dope.
Venom as an anti-hero teaming up with Spidey can lead to a very fun movie

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
But they don't need Marvel for a fourth one. They can do a Spider-Man vs. X by themselves.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
But they don't need Marvel for a fourth one. They can do a Spider-Man vs. X by themselves.
right, which is why I said if that movie is going to be another Marvel co-production, the deal would have to be renegotiated to include it. Right now it just includes next year's third movie and some other Marvel film where Holland will appear.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
right, which is why I said if that movie is going to be another Marvel co-production, the deal would have to be renegotiated to include it. Right now it just includes next year's third movie and some other Marvel film where Holland will appear.
Oh okay, I thought you argued that they'd make that Spider-Man vs. X a Sony/Marvel collaboration.

Anyway, I see Sony enjoying the attention and money they get from the third Spider-Man movie and the MCU crossover and then taking that hugely popular Spider-Man and letting him play with the villains they own and set up (either in collaboration with Marvel or by themselves) in their own movie. But we'll see. I'd really love to see a second Spider-Man trilogy done by Marvel Studios. Obviously.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
New international poster for Black Widow:

And Sony just announced a new release date for a Marvel project of theirs. On October 8 2021.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Luna in the MCU would be wild. Having a K-pop hero character would be timely though.

I gotta ask, what's the story behind your new name?
www.resetera.com

Biden: "You're a lying, dog-faced pony soldier" to student in New Hampshire

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/10/joe-biden-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-new-hampshire I might shrug it off too, if only not to make a scene, if the former Vice President called me a liar to my face on national television. Like, what in the stale raisin textured hell is this...

I was feeling impulsive in that thread. Joe Biden is nuts.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this is true, Red Dagger & Kamran are being cast for an appearance on Ms. Marvel.
www.theilluminerdi.com

Ms Marvel To Add Powerful Inhuman Character To The MCU

A new casting call reveals Ms Marvel will be adding two Marvel Comics' characters, Red Dagger and the Inhuman Kamran, to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
This would add fuel to the fire of Marvel Studios using Ms. Marvel to reintroduce the Inhumans to the MCU proper.

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Marvel Studios will go back an adapt every character they haven't personally had a hand in adapting.

That includes Marvel TV.

*eyes defenders*

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, Red Dagger (Kamran) is being cast for an appearance on Ms. Marvel.
www.theilluminerdi.com

A new casting call reveals Ms Marvel will be adding two Marvel Comics' characters, Red Dagger and the Inhuman Kamran, to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
This would add fuel to the fire of Marvel Studios using Ms. Marvel to reintroduce the Inhumans to the MCU proper.

Kamran? Is he Persian?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's a way to make the new MCU Inhumans compatible at all with the Agents of SHIELD Inhumans. (Probably not.)

Kamran? Is he Persian?

Pakistani, same as Kamala. The difference being (in the comics at least) that he's born and raised there, while Kamala is first-generation American.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
If this is true, Red Dagger & Kamran are being cast for an appearance on Ms. Marvel.
www.theilluminerdi.com

Please bring in Quake/Chloe Bennet somehow... =(

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Started reading Planet Hulk today, which is really fun. Surprised Miek had a prominent role, because all I know of him is the hilarious mute insect from the MCU. Love the issue letters pages too, everyone happy about the Hulk being good again lol.

Also, comment above saying new Spider-Woman movie? Yay.

Sony making it.....*sob*

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Started reading Planet Hulk today, which is really fun. Surprised Miek had a prominent role, because all I know of him is the hilarious mute insect from the MCU. Love the issue letters pages too, everyone happy about the Hulk being good again lol.

I always love reading those fan letters they publish in Marvel comics, and the fact that they publish letters that just shit on the prior run if it was bad. It's funny because even during Stan Lee's original runs in the 60s you'd have people shitting on the old, bullshit one dimensional comics and praising Stan for actually writing stuff that made you THINK

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I always love reading those fan letters they publish in Marvel comics, and the fact that they publish letters that just shit on the prior run if it was bad. It's funny because even during Stan Lee's original runs in the 60s you'd have people shitting on the old, bullshit one dimensional comics and praising Stan for actually writing stuff that made you THINK

I recently finished the whole Civil War event, and in Civil War: Black Panther there's readers telling Reginald Hudlin that they're gonna drop Black Panther because basically "I don't want no politics in my comics! I voted Bush and I'm proud!!!" :D

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

Also, comment above saying new Spider-Woman movie? Yay.

Sony making it.....*sob*
Miek is pretty important to that story and World War Hulk, which makes his depiction on film a little disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.