• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
It's gonna be so weird to me if Sony indeed does take Spider-Man out of the MCU (which I don't think they will) given that they're milking the MCU connections for all they're worth in these solo movies

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Wait is that Deadline article the first confirmation of Owen Wilson in the cast?
No. Comicbook.com was the first one to report it.
comicbook.com

Loki Casts Owen Wilson in Major Role For Disney Plus Series

The Marvel Cinematic Universe’s family is looking to add a well known actor with its upcoming [...]

www.vanityfair.com

Watch Tom Hiddleston Imitate New Loki Costar Owen Wilson

He imagined the laid-back Texas actor making people kneel as the cosmic supervillain.

deadline.com

‘Loki’: Owen Wilson Joins Marvel Series On Disney+

The star of 'Cars' and 'Wedding Crashers' is headed to the small-screen corner of the Marvel Universe in the Disney+ series 'Loki.'

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Miek is pretty important to that story and World War Hulk, which makes his depiction on film a little disappointing.

Yeah, have to agree, but maybe the reborn version of Miek will be more vocal?

Just read issue 5, and oh shiiiiit.
Silver Sufer's in this? I see Taika and co basically switched him with Thor. There's even a hilarious moment where Surfer's controlling chip has been destroyed, and he's like "thank you-" before Hulk smashes his face in, reminiscent of Thor sweet-talking Hulk in the movie before his beating lol.

I really love how the MCU adapts the source material. Always feels like the writers are avid readers of the comics and want to honour them in a different medium, rather than writers who read one volume of a comic out of obligation before writing whatever they feel like, giving us monstrosities like Trank's 'Fantastic Four'.

If Universal didn't have such a stake in Hulk we might have got a more meaty Planet Hulk adaptation though, which is a shame.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Hawkguy getting Hailee seems to be the prime objective, I assume we won't see any casting news for MM or the other shows till Spring.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Hawkeye is now aiming to begin production this September, & they're supposedly still trying to get Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop.
www.murphysmultiverse.com

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios 'HAWKEYE' Takes Aim at a New Start Date - Murphy's Multiverse

In early January, I broke the news that start of production on the Marvel Studios Disney Plus streaming…
So despite of that contract, Disney still thinks they can talk their way out and get Hailee out of the hostage situation?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
On one side, the biggest technology company in the world and their lawyers.
On the other side, the biggest media company in the world and their lawyers.

Apple can afford to buy Disney with the cash they have on hand. You're not even comparing (tee hee) apples to oranges, you're comparing a sun to the size of a grain of sand.

dca3a8211c.png

19501954ce.png

Well, almost!

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if in Falcon and Winter Soldier there was a flashback to when Sam lost his friend Riley in the military. They could draw parallels to when Cap lost Bucky and how it affected him.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they can't get Hailee, someone needs to tell them to consider Geraldine Viswanathan

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Apple gonna want something big from Disney, like the co-right to stream Simpsons or something.

I'd say move on from Hailee and get Kaitlyn Dever.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I really hope She-Hulk has the same comedic tone and premise as Dan Slott's mid-00 runs of the character, it's quite amusing and ripe for episodic TV with Jen taking on weird cases in the superhero/villain community.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
i think if they had the (correct) thought to adapt the Fraction Hawkeye run, they'll know the fans want to see the Slott She-Hulk run adapted. It's really what makes the most sense for her. I hope she appears in the next Spider-Man movie as Peter Parker's attorney.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It should also be noted that, according to the article, She-Hulk production will continue until March 2021 & they're aiming for a 2021 release for the show. If this is true, it's safe to assume that every Disney+ MCU show announced thus far will at least start next year.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Imagining all the complaints we're going to see from people who hate 'cape' movies, about the number of Marvel threads on this forum next year.

giphy.gif

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
  • Film
    • Shang-Chi
    • Doctor Strange 2
    • Spider-Man 3
    • Thor 4
  • Disney+
    • Loki
    • What If...?
    • Ms. Marvel
    • She-Hulk
    • Moon Knight
    • Hawkeye
Next year is gonna be crazy.

imagine if all those disney+ shows are 60 minute episodes, 6 episodes per season, one episode released weekly

weekly MCU directly to my bloodstream

giphy.gif

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
imagine if all those disney+ shows are 60 minute episodes, 6 episodes per season, one episode released weekly
Yup. Plus, What If is 10 episodes of course, so that would be 40 episodes, 40 hours, 40 weeks of MCU, not even counting the four movies. It's insane.

Although I can imagine What If episodes being 30 minutes each or something. 35 hours + 4 movies in that case.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
i think if they had the (correct) thought to adapt the Fraction Hawkeye run, they'll know the fans want to see the Slott She-Hulk run adapted. It's really what makes the most sense for her. I hope she appears in the next Spider-Man movie as Peter Parker's attorney.

My only wish for the She-Hulk show is that they go with a She-Hulk who is actually built rather than supermodel She-Hulk. Besides that, I don't have a huge preference in the tone for the series I will be there to watch it either way. She-Hulk is great, I'd love to see her in Spider-Man 3. I am very curious to see how she fits into the MCU after her show.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
"Whatever it's just more assembly line Marvel. They are literally are all the exact same."

"Why do you all stan for a multi billion media company"

"It's Disney, they never take risks it's all just cookie cutter shit."

"something something something Joker something"

"something something Into the Spider verse."

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
"Whatever it's just more assembly line Marvel. They are literally are all the exact same."

"Why do you all stan for a multi billion media company"

"It's Disney, they never take risks it's all just cookie cutter shit."

"something something something Joker something"

"something something Into the Spider verse."

I was going to say, you forgot to mention the greatest cinematic achievement in human history, into the spider-verse, but there it is.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Who cares about the whiners, the important thing is that we'll have a steady stream of (hopefully) quality MCU stuff to enjoy and talk about. If some people can't handle other people enjoying things then tough luck for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.