• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, this Chapek guy seems no bueno. Hope he doesn't fuck up the movie and Disney+ side.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Everything that's announced will be in production before Iger leaves. Not that there's any chance Chapek will reduce the Marvel Studios budgets.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Poster for the upcoming Simpsons episode:

9agm89y0l6j41.jpg

Haven't watched a new episode in ages, but eh, I'll probably watch.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
A little surprised we haven't had any Shang-Chi set photos yet. They may be on sound stages, but I expect them to use quite a few real locations. Probably sometime next month.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I think his exit isn't as severe as Edgar Wright's. Again, it's likely the script got too much once all the tie ins came in.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Last summer my girlfriend began watching all of the MCU movies with me after she only had seen Black Panther previously. Im a huge fan of the MCU and to some degree the Comic Books. For every movie I made a Recap segment before the movie, an End Credit Scene explanation, some fun facts and some Comic Book parallels. We also talked about dramas that happened during production - like the Director drama of Dark World, the villain drama of Iron Man 3, the Whedon drama during Age of Ultron etc. I wanted them to feel like they got my experience watching these movies.

When we arrived at Thor the Dark World, my girlfriends mother jumped aboard the marathon - she had seen some of the first ones like Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 and Avengers. Since then the three of us have been watching them together and grading all of them.

We watched Infinity War, and I actually thought they'd be kind of "down" on it, but they both loved it. Everyone of us gave it a 10/10, they were entirely quiet and shocked during the snap and was visibly "upset". Both haven't seen a single spoiler either. It has been really fun seeing these movies through new eyes, and in some way seeing a new fan being born live - seeing reactions to the things I've adored for years. Just this morning when me and my girlfriend made breakfast she began doing some Korg quotes, and yesterday before bed we talked some theories - we also played some LEGO Avengers and for some reason she found "Gorilla Girl" really cute lol. (Side mission to unlock her character)

Yesterday we also watched Ant-Man & The Wasp, girlfriend gave it a 7.5, I gave it an 8. My girlfriends mother wasn't available so she'll see it alone. On Sunday its time for Captain Marvel which they both are stoked for, they have been craving for a Female led superhero movie.

Pet Rock

Mar 14, 2018
On Sunday its time for Captain Marvel which they both are stoked for, they have been craving for a Female led superhero movie.

Speaking of female-led MCU, I basically onboarded my 60-something year old mom to the MCU through the Agent Carter TV series which she loved (so it was satisfying for me too that she got more of Carter in Endgame and a Jarvis sighting as well). So yeah, that might be something to introduce to them too if you're willing to bring in something from the TV side

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Kevin Feige is voicing that Chinos guy in the Bart the Bad Guy episode. Also, I haven't seen more than five episodes of The Simpsons.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
An Infinity War parody in 2020... I know animation schedules mean they can't be as up to the minute timely with these things, but Jesus, why even bother when it's going to be two years after the fact? It's like right in that window between timely and nostalgic, and just feels behind the curve.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
So, he's definitely going to be called Captain America. That's what I figured, and appropriate (for the storyline they're trying to do). The question is, why are they saying "cap is back" Did Steve retire during the 5 year period between the snap and the blip? (i think I read somewhere that he did, but that's not clear in the movie). I also think there's a 99% chance USAgent ends up on the Thunderbolts.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Steve pretty much "retired" when he didn't sign the Accords and went on the run. Everybody probably also knows he's old now after his little time travel adventure. Even the kids at Peter's school knows he's done for. So here's a new guy to pick up the mantle and shield, Cap's Back.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Steve pretty much "retired" when he didn't sign the Accords and went on the run. Everybody probably also knows he's old now after his little time travel adventure. Even the kids at Peter's school knows he's done for. So here's a new guy to pick up the mantle and shield, Cap's Back.

Oh,you made a good point about him going on the run after the accords. I still haven't seen far from home, so I didn't know that it was common knowledge that he was old after the events in endgame.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't seen far from home, so I didn't know that it was common knowledge that he was old after the events in endgame.
It's not mentioned that he's old. He is just part of a memoriam segment of a school video.

Wouldn't that info have been released among all the SHIELD files in Winter Soldier?
He wasn't old during Natasha's leak of the Shield files though.

Alison is 100% perfect for the role. Hire her already, Marvel!
I've only seen her in the pilot episode of GLOW but I loved her in it, so I wouldn't mind her based on that. I should watch more GLOW.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I've only seen her in the pilot episode of GLOW but I loved her in it, so I wouldn't mind her based on that. I should watch more GLOW.

As much as I love GLOW, you should watch Community! Quite a few people on the cast at this point has been in a MCU movie and the Russo Brothers directed quite a few episodes.

Brie Larson also shows up in an episode.

Seasons 1, 2 and 3 are probably my favorite TV.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
You sure that's not just the new Falcon suit? Granted, I do expect Sam to fully take up the Captain America mantle by the end of the season, but the style just seems more in line with the concept art for said new Falcon suit.
That's what I mean. It's his new Falcon suit.

Also seen people mention that the actor besides Wyatt Russell could be playing Lemar Hoskins aka Battlestar.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gunn posted on Twitter that production on GOTG3 won't begin till after Feb 2021. Probably mid- to late 2021 shoot then.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
To think we are only one month out from the first Eternals trailer hnnng. And the final Black Widow trailer this month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.