• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
7e4691a822694b6b2a30db4af4df1a1b._QL80_TTD_.jpg

EU link.

UK link.

US link.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
To think that Amazon's crazy sales is topped (well Comixology is owned by Amazon :P)...

These sales are beyond tempting as hell.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's the quality stuff from this assortment? Any recommendations?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, digital comics are so confusing. As someone who's just starting to get into Marvel, I've been enjoying Marvel Unlimited... but the quality sucks. So that makes me want to buy stuff on comiXology... which doesn't always have the same stuff, or has the trade collections instead of individual issues. It's all just so damn messy.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Something to note, is that it seems like for some series (if not many maybe), the 99 cent discount is only for the latest trades or so, like for Squirrel Girl and Gwenpool.

Think I just pick up the latest Squirrel Girl trade and the two Werewolf by Night collections (cause I need some werewolf comics in my life!).

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Man, digital comics are so confusing. As someone who's just starting to get into Marvel, I've been enjoying Marvel Unlimited... but the quality sucks. So that makes me want to buy stuff on comiXology... which doesn't always have the same stuff, or has the trade collections instead of individual issues. It's all just so damn messy.
What specifically has you confused?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I can't believe they've made me regret buying volumes at 2 to 3 bucks a pop. They are seriously devaluing their line here (but I don't mind). I mean I questioned anyone who would buy comics for four to five bucks a pop when the previous blowout sales were happening, but now I just see no reason to keep up. And if you're willing to wait even longer, Marvel Unlimited is an even cheaper option.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming out of the Star Wars ones, the best ones are Darth Vader (2017) vol 1 and Doctor Aphra Vol 2?

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
So The Vision and Black Panther collections are worth getting right? Which of the collections do I need to ensure I've got all of Coates' run?

Edit - and how is the Old Man Logan run? I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, but not really familiar with this particular collection.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Finally Secret Empire is priced appropriately

This can't be overstated. Everybody should pick up The Vision.

Vision is a no brainer.

So The Vision and Black Panther collections are worth getting right? Which of the collections do I need to ensure I've got all of Coates' run?

Edit - and how is the Old Man Logan run? I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, but not really familiar with this particular collection.

I found Coates BP run boring, but the first 3 or 4 Old Man Logan books are great! That storyline where he fights a gang of hulks with nukes strapped onto their backs was baaaad though.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah comic people always say this. Doesn't make it any easier for someone out of the loop to accept.

I want to know.
I've never read a Vision centric story in my life and understood everything that happened in Tom King's Vision just fine. There's no loop to be in when it comes to knowing everything. Read cool current stuff and fill in the blanks later if you care enough.

Bounce around and try stuff out. Find creators you like and stick to them. That's the actual loop to be in on. Finding your personal tastes within the medium.

Last edited:

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Bought The Vision in its individual volumes last year. I see that this book is the entire collection and the "Director's Cut". What exactly does that entail, and is it worth the $.99 even though I already own the story?

EDIT: Also sad to see that some of these are Vol.2+ and Vol. 1 isn't on sale. Was gonna pickup the new Hawkeye: Kate Bishop series but don't want to start at the second volume.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Only one volume of Slott's Surfer is .99 cents?

Yeah that's weird, but you might as well buy it and wait for more sales to get them all.

Slott's SS run is a Doctor Who rip off that turns into the best Doctor Who season ever. There whole run is incredible, some really moving stuff in there, can't recommend it enough.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah that's weird, but you might as well buy it and wait for more sales to get them all.

Slott's SS run is a Doctor Who rip off that turns into the best Doctor Who season ever. There whole run is incredible, some really moving stuff in there, can't recommend it enough.
My friend said the exact same thing about the run. Bought that Volume 5.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Is that Marvel Legacy collection any good? No idea what it's about, but it seems interesting.

EDIT: Also, are Venomverse and Edge of Venomverse good/silly/fun reads?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I bought 20 things. Just as I got my backlog down around 20 books since the beginning of the year.

But, at these prices, I'm practically saving money!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone already recommending Vision, so I'm going to throw Iceman into the hat as well. It's a great little book.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Is that Marvel Legacy collection any good? No idea what it's about, but it seems interesting.

Absolutely! It includes the Legacy book (like 30 pages), wich basics;ly sets the stage,for the next year(s) of the Marvel universe.

Then rest of the collection is 3-4 page long summaries of the characters, like their origin stories done with their current artists. It's a great way to get to know the Marvel universe, or more onscure characters.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Had the impression that it was a sale on "chapters", but I see some of those are 500+ pages long. I guess they're self-contained story arcs? I hate having to browse through several series and such.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got Walt Simonsons Thor,Vision and Black Bolt.

Anything else worth picking up?