• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
1529980598559.jpg

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was planning all recent T2's around the movies, but I think I have caught up now. I have even T2'd Captain Marvel - and I dont even know if the game will exist next March.

It will be interesting to see what updates they will do in coming months as there is a 9 month gap without a MCU Movie to fall back on.

I guess "Into the Spider-Verse" might give them something work with. Miles Uni, and finally a good Kingpin Uni?

They probably wont do anything for Venom - but Anne Weying / She Venom would be a good addition to the game at some point.

The Marvel Strike Force game got Deadpool for the second movie, but this game missed out. Maybe they will do it for the Blu-ray. Deadpool, Copycat and Domino all seem good. A Cable Uni too

If they look to the comic for inspiration they could basically do ANYTHING. Mighty Thor is great right now - which means Jane Foster might see a Uni to make her less terrible. Black Bolt had an amazing comic last year which they could reference - Black Bolt and Medusa Unis for that. They could finally introduce the Fantastic Four ( but there is a greater chance they won't). Also, I always wanted to see Lockjaw in this game - so please do that.

They rarely pay a lot of attention to TV shows, but I guess something could come from that. There is a lot of MCU shows to work with - and outside that there is Legion

Speaking of Legion, they could probably dip into mutants again. Maybe finally Psylocke?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Lockjaw would seem to me like a great power for someone else to have, but not a great combatant.

Why do you think they wouldn't go to the FF well? I mean, for now they can mine the X-men a lot more (especially now that they have a x gene sub), but FF still has a ton of premium characters (Doom, Surfer, etc.) and a Galactus/Annihilation storyline begging to be adapted to story mode while they wait for the next wave of movies.

And I'd think this is the perfect time to introduce Gambit given what just happened in the comics. I kind of need a reason to resub to the X-gene one since I finished Colossus and Magik and I'm not buying it just for X-23.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lockjaw would seem to me like a great power for someone else to have, but not a great combatant.

Why do you think they wouldn't go to the FF well? I mean, for now they can mine the X-men a lot more (especially now that they have a x gene sub), but FF still has a ton of premium characters (Doom, Surfer, etc.) and a Galactus/Annihilation storyline begging to be adapted to story mode while they wait for the next wave of movies.

And I'd think this is the perfect time to introduce Gambit given what just happened in the comics. I kind of need a reason to resub to the X-gene one since I finished Colossus and Magik and I'm not buying it just for X-23.

I just feel like the the Fantastic Four has been dead in various media for so long I lost hope. I know there is a new comic coming in a few months which might help things, but I dont want to get excited something that might not happen. It would be great if it did though - all four main heroes would be great characters with fun moves.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was planning all recent T2's around the movies, but I think I have caught up now. I have even T2'd Captain Marvel - and I dont even know if the game will exist next March.
yeah I really love FUTURE FIGHT but they have to be kicking themselves for not having the game be like Fire Emblem Heroes, as far as the randomized way of obtaining characters

The combat and gameplay and abilities could all be the same, but they would be making a lot more money with the character acquisition method of FEH. But there's no way they can do that now, because the existing MFF players would revolt.

and for those of you who say "fuck randomized gacha", well it doesn't seem like anyone's complaining about FEH or hurting that game's performance. so what's the difference?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You want randomized gacha, you have it with the Ultimates, go for it. But for me, that would turn me off this game, the main reason I play it is because it's not random lootboxes and that they're super super generous for a mobile game. And I don't play FEH anymore, but the random draw does seem to be a major complaint with regards to the banners and whatnot, not sure if it's calmed down now.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You want randomized gacha, you have it with the Ultimates, go for it. But for me, that would turn me off this game, the main reason I play it is because it's not random lootboxes and that they're super super generous for a mobile game. And I don't play FEH anymore, but the random draw does seem to be a major complaint with regards to the banners and whatnot, not sure if it's calmed down now.
wats ULTIMATES??

it's not that i prefer random acquisition, but how long is MFF going to stick around without making profit??

the subreddit user count is so low compared to FEH and other mobile games

Ripley

Nov 8, 2017
it's not that i prefer random acquisition, but how long is MFF going to stick around without making profit??

the subreddit user count is so low compared to FEH and other mobile games

If the game wasn't making a profit, it would already be long gone. Not the best source, but ThinkGaming estimates $37k daily revenue, which would be just over $1 million a month.

No mobile game is going to last forever, though.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So I guess Future Fight is ranked lower than Contest of Champions, since it made the banner.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Darnit, I should've held off on that War Machine costume and just waited for GM Cannon mode.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I remember when Valkyrie (another Paywall) came in the Ragnarok update there was the option to spend 2500 Crystal to unlock her at 6* immediately in a Legendary Battle. Probably not a great way to spend crystals, but if they do the same here it might be an option to get Nadia without actually putting in money to the game (and just grinding crystal - a lot of them.

Bio-subs are pretty good value IMO. If you have access to a few rank up tickets, you can quickly rank up a character on day one, and start the crawl to T2 getting 20 Subs daily. It should be possible to get 1 character T2 and have a few days left over with a one month sub. I personally have not gave this game money in months, but will probably give them €10 once the update hits. My Valkyrie is 19/19/19/19, so using that plan I might have two more T2 by the end of the month.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bio-sub is easily worth it, super cheap compared to other randomized-type of gacha games.

I'm actually glad they made these 2 paywall chars, because I've needed a reason to sub again to finish off my Killmonger. He's 6* T1 pretty close to T2, but I didn't feel it was worth paying the sub for just a week worth of bios to finish him.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but since I'm getting Nadia and will likely buff her to 6*, is there any other biosub only worth it? I haven't done it since Carnage and I heard Valkyrie is legit.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but since I'm getting Nadia and will likely buff her to 6*, is there any other biosub only worth it? I haven't done it since Carnage and I heard Valkyrie is legit.

Valkyrie is pretty mediocre as a character, but her T2 passive is super useful for endgame content. SM 2099, Luna Snow, and to a lesser extent Agent Venom are the standouts currently.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The initial reaction seem to be none of the Uni's are that effective - and you'd be best buying Extreme Pack and Pymton Uni. That is 3250 Crystal, and you will eventually get a CTP of your choice

You will also get 500 refunded (if you characters are good enough) and 400 Goliath Bio and a few other mats

2750 for a CTP is good on it own. I think I might try that, but need to think more

No idea about the new characters yet though - or the Alliance thing. Everyone in whatever alliance I am in seem to be asleep, even though I spammed chat :P

The new item shop is solid though. Not having to spend gold make it even better than it was

Deadpool

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I'll bother with the Extreme pack this time around. I still haven't been able to complete the last two haha.. Seems like a waste for me.

Update is pretty rad, even if not birthing metas, the costumes are great looking and Ghost is sweet. IMO we don't need super OP additions every patch; It's nice just having a couple of new early Shadowland clearers and some sweet new skills/powers to look at.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
which CTP is considered the best??

All CTP's are good but Energy works really with the most attacking characters. Destruction after that, but things start getting specific This is for the PVE modes, if you want to play the PVP modes, then things get more complicated. Refinement becomes good then.

Putting Energy on Luna Snow, Captain America (with IW Uni), Black Panther (with Uni), Scarlet Witch (Uni or not) , or Quicksilver makes spinning death machines. An Obelisk with great stats and a good damage proc makes all the characters great too, but CTPs push them to the next level.

Winter Soldier with the new Uni and a CTP of Energy is supposed to be the most DPS possible in the game right now, and can melt healthbars away from high level WBUs.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
All CTP's are good but Energy works really with the most attacking characters. Destruction after that, but things start getting specific This is for the PVE modes, if you want to play the PVP modes, then things get more complicated. Refinement becomes good then.

Putting Energy on Luna Snow, Captain America (with IW Uni), Black Panther (with Uni), Scarlet Witch (Uni or not) , or Quicksilver makes spinning death machines. An Obelisk with great stats and a good damage proc makes all the characters great too, but CTPs push them to the next level.

Winter Soldier with the new Uni and a CTP of Energy is supposed to be the most DPS possible in the game right now, and can melt healthbars away from high level WBUs.
ok sweet thx friend!

i haven't equipped any CTPs yet so i didn't know which were really considered good

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
ok sweet thx friend!

i haven't equipped any CTPs yet so i didn't know which were really considered good

The one thing to remember is that not all CTP are good for all characters. Mistake can be made. I put a Energy CTP on Magneto a few months back, by mistake, because I was tired. It did nothing for him. He actually may be one of the worst characters for that CTP based on his skills. I had to bite the bullet and use 600 Crystals to Uniequip. I felt bad, but it made another character amazing instantly, so it was worth the 600 Crystal to fix my mistake.

It might be worth consulting this sheet before making CTP decisions. It was made by Cynicalex, one of the more prominent streamers/youtubers for the game, and has good info.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The one thing to remember is that not all CTP are good for all characters. Mistake can be made. I put a Energy CTP on Magneto a few months back, by mistake, because I was tired. It did nothing for him. He actually may be one of the worst characters for that CTP based on his skills. I had to bite the bullet and use 600 Crystals to Uniequip. I felt bad, but it made another character amazing instantly, so it was worth the 600 Crystal to fix my mistake.

It might be worth consulting this sheet before making CTP decisions. It was made by Cynicalex, one of the more prominent streamers/youtubers for the game, and has good info.
ah ok dang! I thought Magneto was a Energy character lol

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

do u have any idea wat GBI is???

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I decided to pick up the Pymtron Uni and start the slow road to level the Uni up to get the CTP - which will probably be mannnnny weeks away. At least his skills look cool, and he will help in Shadowland due to the type change. I regret nothing.

ohhhh i Never remember that guard break thing

do u use it a lot??

It gives you a much better chance to hit one of your 1 to 5 skills without been interrupted which can be very important for some characters. Cyclops' red beam of death for example. X-23 might be a better example, as it is not just one skill affected - it makes the whole character better. It makes Shuri great to - see almost cannot be hit.