• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Whats your opinion about this game?
I am following the beginner guide and I wanna know what I can expect from the game, either from the end game content, gacha rates and grind and hows the population etc?

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Whats your opinion about this game?
I am following the beginner guide and I wanna know what I can expect from the game, either from the end game content, gacha rates and grind and hows the population etc?

I like it. It's fairly new player friendly but like any mobile game, tends to get tedious at some point. Have to be a pretty big marvel fan to stick with it past a certain point because all you're doing is basically the same grind.

End game content is fairly limited. There are World Boss fights that have increasing ranks of difficulty but the awards don't really scale past rank 20 or so all that well. Shadowland (somewhat random stages with random rules) has (infinite?) scaling but like other modes, the rewards are crap past level 30 (first time clears not withstanding).

PvP is horrible. Timeline is just whales fighting for the top like most mobile games, except the awards are extra bad. There's some scoring modes (Alliance Battle) but again... the awards are awful and simply stop after a certain point. Conquest is a dumb game mode, it's just whoever's alliance has more activity in 95% of all ranks. At the very top there be some strategy there, but it's all pointless since .... the awards suck. You might be noticing a trend here :)

The good news is, the game is really newbie friendly and gives away a lot of stuff. It's still a grind, mind you, but you aren't really missing out on anything anyway. There's no real character gacha as you can simply unlock most heroes by some means (some are paywall however). Gacha tends to come into play with CTP's/Premium Comic Cards, neither which are worth exploring unless you're whaling out anyway.

Grind is there. Games been around a long time, it's to be expected at this point. I would caution from trying to buy your way out of the grind, it's a VERY steep climb.

Population seems good but it's pointless since the game is like 95% single player. The multiplayer modes are either stupid easy (World Boss Invasion), require incredibly strong teams to carry (Giant Boss Raid), can't be played (Alliance Tournament which is for the top 1%), or are just stupid (Alliance Conquest).

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I like it. It's fairly new player friendly but like any mobile game, tends to get tedious at some point. Have to be a pretty big marvel fan to stick with it past a certain point because all you're doing is basically the same grind.

End game content is fairly limited. There are World Boss fights that have increasing ranks of difficulty but the awards don't really scale past rank 20 or so all that well. Shadowland (somewhat random stages with random rules) has (infinite?) scaling but like other modes, the rewards are crap past level 30 (first time clears not withstanding).

PvP is horrible. Timeline is just whales fighting for the top like most mobile games, except the awards are extra bad. There's some scoring modes (Alliance Battle) but again... the awards are awful and simply stop after a certain point. Conquest is a dumb game mode, it's just whoever's alliance has more activity in 95% of all ranks. At the very top there be some strategy there, but it's all pointless since .... the awards suck. You might be noticing a trend here :)

The good news is, the game is really newbie friendly and gives away a lot of stuff. It's still a grind, mind you, but you aren't really missing out on anything anyway. There's no real character gacha as you can simply unlock most heroes by some means (some are paywall however). Gacha tends to come into play with CTP's/Premium Comic Cards, neither which are worth exploring unless you're whaling out anyway.

Grind is there. Games been around a long time, it's to be expected at this point. I would caution from trying to buy your way out of the grind, it's a VERY steep climb.

Population seems good but it's pointless since the game is like 95% single player. The multiplayer modes are either stupid easy (World Boss Invasion), require incredibly strong teams to carry (Giant Boss Raid), can't be played (Alliance Tournament which is for the top 1%), or are just stupid (Alliance Conquest).

Thanks. That was a good answer. Yeah the rewards for beginners are epic but like you said most end content is meh. It happens in most gachas. I will keep playing it casually until I make a final decision.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Today if the last day of THIS...

de46716d15c84155a8a98a4c73102fe9_1556521952433_d.jpg

If you haven't used the "MFF100MILLION" coupon code yet, you have a little under 3 hours to redeem it (Android only... or an emulator).

If you redeem it now, you can save the item in your inbox for the day of the Spiderman Far from Home update launches, and use it to instantly T2 any new non-premium new bioselector character they introduce. The item has a decay of 3 days from the moment you use the code, so you also have to play the game very soon after the update launches or it will expire but you MUST redeem the code before daily reset today.

A lot of hassle, but worth it not to farm a new character. And spend mats, time. and gold to T2 them

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Today if the last day of THIS...

de46716d15c84155a8a98a4c73102fe9_1556521952433_d.jpg

If you haven't used the "MFF100MILLION" coupon code yet, you have a little under 3 hours to redeem it (Android only... or an emulator).

If you redeem it now, you can save the item in your inbox for the day of the Spiderman Far from Home update launches, and use it to instantly T2 any new non-premium new bioselector character they introduce. The item has a decay of 3 days from the moment you use the code, so you also have to play the game very soon after the update launches or it will expire but you MUST redeem the code before daily reset today.

A lot of hassle, but worth it not to farm a new character. And spend mats, time. and gold to T2 them
Appreciated

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously, save the tier 2 one, but should I save the others, or not? And if not, who should I get with them?

MkysWdk.png

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Almost three years - a whole lot has changed in the game, but I would go Minn-erva and Iron Hammer. A good Combat villain and a good Universal hero. Probably Human Torch too. It might be best to use the T2 selector on one of those too, as it is unlikely the Spiderman update will give something better than both of these

None of the above are the best characters in the game, but if you are looking to get back into the game, you need characters that are good at farming a mode called World Boss Ultimate. That is the only place in the game to farm T3 materials, and a material called CCF is the new bottleneck for advance characters to that tier. Those three will help there.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You're probably better off starting a new account, since the things they give new players are better than what they give returning players.

I agree with Keyser though, if you keep going Minn-erva and Iron Hammer are good

This is for based on the rewards they give new players, but should still give you an idea of what to aim for if you keep your account: https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/bi1gsm/beginners_first_28_days_v500/

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Save your crystals for the next uniform sale. They usually come around once a month. Until you can clear stage 15 of Shadowlands, focus on buying recent uniforms that make bad characters good like Cap America Endgame, Hawkeye Ronin, War Machine Endgame, Winter Soldier Infinity War, Iron Man Endgame, Cap Marvel Endgame, Thor Endgame, presumably Spider-Man FFH.

Also make sure you go through all the Legendary Battles (the movie stuff), cause each one will give you a 6* character.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, ISO set bonuses are a grind and a half 😰

So they have random half off ISO set bonus rolls. Don't roll ISO sets until those days hit, then go nuts and hit up as many characters as you can afford (or think you'll plan on building) until the next ISO set rolling bonus day.

I would also recommend reading through the beginner guides. Lots of good info there. Getting good cards (~30% cooldown and ignore defense) is priority #1 IMO. Then you can work out rosters/etc.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Where can I find these?

0b2a8ccdc23700084df982592c23e159.png

Checked daily missions but its ever ISO-E but this one

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Where can I find these?

0b2a8ccdc23700084df982592c23e159.png

Checked daily missions but its ever ISO-E but this one

Daily missions rotate, though, you have to wait for it to show up. You can also get them in the SHIELD shop randomly or in some of the epic quest side missions, but you might not have those unlocked.

edited to add: I looked it up and Silver is Saturday.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
ISO's will come over time, especially as you unlock more of the epic quest missions for various characters. I would suggest never doing any daily mission other than the gold one. Gold will never go out of style.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Should I use this tier 2 selector on any of the new characters?

ISO's will come over time, especially as you unlock more of the epic quest missions for various characters. I would suggest never doing any daily mission other than the gold one. Gold will never go out of style.
Appreciated, yeah gold is always handy to have

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You can say that again. My god trying to unlock Psylocke in this is so ridiculously hard/grindy.

Isn't Psylocke paywall, though? I think you can only unlock her by doing Beginning of the Chaos, which you have to buy, but once you do you pretty much get 18 to 20 x-genes a day and you'll be swimming in them soon enough.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Psylocke paywall, though? I think you can only unlock her by doing Beginning of the Chaos, which you have to buy, but once you do you pretty much get 18 to 20 x-genes a day and you'll be swimming in them soon enough.

You buy her pack with crystals. You can earn crystals FTP. Paywall references characters that can ONLY be acquired by money (bio sub characters like Sentinel, Hyperion, etc.) not counting the 3 free shots you get as a new player.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
No "free" character this time around. I was honestly underwhelmed by the "free" characters last time (having not seen the new Spider-man movie) so I've just been slogging my way through. I don't even have White Fox yet so I haven't even looked at Wave.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So, like, how in the world do you get cards now? They drop way way less than they used to with the new mode.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So, like, how in the world do you get cards now? They drop way way less than they used to with the new mode.

They want you to buy the card boxes with tokens. Less quantity, but higher quality, which saves tons of gold in the long run.

They're going to have to revamp the "upgrade 10 cards" heroic mission though, because that's pretty unfeasible at the moment and seems like an oversight.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
They want you to buy the card boxes with tokens. Less quantity, but higher quality, which saves tons of gold in the long run.

They're going to have to revamp the "upgrade 10 cards" heroic mission though, because that's pretty unfeasible at the moment and seems like an oversight.

Yeah, that's basically why I was complaining, I missed the daily because of that. Well, that and I couldn't get the danger room to load so I missed out on the daily event too.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally T3'd my Captain Marvel. She's kinda unstoppable now in GBR, ABX and WBU, but aside from that... is it just me or having more good T2 characters way more fun and productive than having even one T3? Shadowland is my favorite mode, but I can't even go up to 21 because I have so few good characters.

That new update looks spicy, btw. I love Cable.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
I finally T3'd my Captain Marvel. She's kinda unstoppable now in GBR, ABX and WBU, but aside from that... is it just me or having more good T2 characters way more fun and productive than having even one T3? Shadowland is my favorite mode, but I can't even go up to 21 because I have so few good characters.

That new update looks spicy, btw. I love Cable.

i finally t3'd Jean grey.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually excited for this next update because I won't spend crystals on much. Just the Sharon Rogers uniform and that's it. I need to save for some epic quests.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the costumes this time around are free, though? I'm down on pretty much everything this update, but moneygrabbing isn't how is define it.