• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Do I really have to grind out M'Kran Crystals 15 at a time?

This shit is going to take a fucking month and a half

What do you need them for?

You get at least 40 a day if you run all the X-men missions (which you should even after you've maxed them because they guarantee a character drop).

Oh, sorry, those are shards. Do you have Magneto unlocked? Unlocking him unlocks extra missions where you can get feathers and mkraan crystals. You'll be swimming in them soon enough anyway because they're capped and there aren't that many x-characters, but I know early on that's one of the big draws of buying Magneto (the huge deal being later on when you can unlock Jean)

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If you upgrade the SHIELD Shop in Lab you will maybe get a few more a day for a small amount of gold. You will also get a small few Chaos Norns and other mats too if lucky. If you can also beat one of the Mutant World Bosses (right hand side), I think you will get some more - I think. I dont touch them any more..

The Epic Quests really are the longest grind this game has. Might even be slower than T3ing a character. When they were released they were designed to be slow burns for active players, so for totally new players it is even slower.

After that the game has good progression, and you get access to all mats frequently enough to always feel like something new is within reach.

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Yeah I finished up the Strange one and figured I'd start X-Men as something to do even tho mutants are boring. Can't bring myself to spend on Future Fight. Got burned on OPTC and can't spend on gacha anymore.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I finished up the Strange one and figured I'd start X-Men as something to do even tho mutants are boring. Can't bring myself to spend on Future Fight. Got burned on OPTC and can't spend on gacha anymore.

The Tony Stark Stash (2450 total crystal in 75 increments over 30 days) for under $5 is a good deal - actually I think it is the best deal in any of these type of games ever. It is worth it if you know you are going to keep going at the game for at least another month.

However it won't help you speed up the X-men thing. You seem to already know, but never buy any materials. Never buy anything you can farm in this game, as you will start getting everything quick once you get over a hill. Rigt now it just takes a long time... a really long time.... to get buy this roadblock.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Fuck he's gonna be a biosub is he?

It would actually be much better if he was a biosub, the cost isn't that big and if you use the rank up tickets you've no doubt been accumulating, you can probably max him in one sub.

But no, he'll probably be some overpriced package, or "get all the other characters plus a paid character to unlock him" via Jean, not because of how powerful he is in game but because of how popular he is.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hope he's just a bio-sub, that's only 8 bucks

I'd rather bio-sub than some of the other premium chars

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Some have suggested than none of the announcements at SDCC in the past have ever resulted in full Paywall characters. 2016 was Gwenpool (who is Biosub, but also farmable as a shifter), and 2017 was all the Apocalypse stuff - which was mini quests, unis, and 'pay to speed this crap up' style things. It is only two years worth of history, but maybe that sets a precedent.

A lot on Reddit seem to want another Epic Quest, and I think that would be good too. Would be great if competing the Epic Quest gave you a T3 Deadpool.

I am hoarding all mats now just in case.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I dont think Deadpool is going to be a sub character. Like I said in another post, he's a well known face that could be marketed to bring new players to the game, and they are not going to ask those new players to pay right away to get him. An epic Quest style system, or something simialr, seems like the right choice. Make people work to get him - not pay. The whales can still pay 1000s of crystals to get him quicker.

In regards to mats, he seem like a BAM / Norn Stone kinda character, not Shards / Feathers. Unless they introduce new farmable mats for him. Chimichangas?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
yea but is dat tru or not?? I don't personally know Deadpool's origin but not sure if i trust dra on comix stuff

The main canon, I think, is that Deadpool was given his powers by Weapon X to save him from death by cancer. He had no power before that, and he was then given super healing / regeneration. In Marvel lore, mutants are usual people born with the powers to begin with - a lot of mutant stories reference the mutation as the next step in evolution. Wolverine and Pool are kind simialr, as he went through Weapon X to get some of his powers, but also had some from birth. That is what makes him a mutant and Deadpool not.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
yea but is dat tru or not?? I don't personally know Deadpool's origin but not sure if i trust dra on comix stuff

FXWOKl3Wpno6ZDfEpdgZFjjltq4_rNDjdg4LWHGtauQ.png

Wade Wilson lacked the X-Gene, and was given his healing factor artificially. The movie decided it was simpler to just call him a Mutant, so movie Pool is a mutie, but traditionally Deadpool is no more mutant than Captain America or Spider-Man.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The main canon, I think, is that Deadpool was given his powers by Weapon X to save him from death by cancer. He had no power before that, and he was then given super healing / regeneration. In Marvel lore, mutants are usual people born with the powers to begin with - a lot of mutant stories reference the mutation as the next step in evolution. Wolverine and Pool are kind simialr, as he went through Weapon X to get some of his powers, but also had some from birth. That is what makes him a mutant and Deadpool not.

FXWOKl3Wpno6ZDfEpdgZFjjltq4_rNDjdg4LWHGtauQ.png

Wade Wilson lacked the X-Gene, and was given his healing factor artificially. The movie decided it was simpler to just call him a Mutant, so movie Pool is a mutie, but traditionally Deadpool is no more mutant than Captain America or Spider-Man.

ah okay interesting, thx u 2 pals. I didn't know his exact origins, but I thought Wolverine was a mutant too lol

which past Deadpool series comix are considered great to read?

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
ah okay interesting, thx u 2 pals. I didn't know his exact origins, but I thought Wolverine was a mutant too lol

which past Deadpool series comix are considered great to read?

Wolverine was born with his healing and bone claws- so he's actually a mutant. Weapon X just gave him his adamantium.

For good 'Pool you want Joe Kelly's run, Cable and Deadpool and Duggan's run. Avoid anything from Daniel Way.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Fuck Stryfe

Seems more like an X-Force update than a Deadpool one- hope we get Doctor Nemesis and Shatterstar

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If we're getting Fantomex, then there is a good chance Psylocke will come too, as the two are regularly a couple

Congrats Bhonar, you (maybe) did it :P

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The last thing I want now is for Angel to get is Archangel Uniform and those wonderful metallic wings. He is just a little short of being an amazing character with is current setup