• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Live Stream was actually good. Deadpool is T3 (and free), the is a Coloussos Uni, there is a new 8 week log in event. There is a Deluxe Pack. There is lots of things. Stryfe seem to the the Jean Grey if the Epic Quest

vtlTv0z41wkpmASoS387yIYmPlKhxC3BZgR1TELz--c.png

mHGaFHj.png

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the two other characters needed for Stryfe are just going to be Cable and Colossus, so he's going to be locked behind a crystal paywall, a cash money son paywall and a World Boss grind. It'd be interesting to see the reaction to that, if it was a character that anyone actually cared about.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the two other characters needed for Stryfe are just going to be Cable and Colossus, so he's going to be locked behind a crystal paywall, a cash money son paywall and a World Boss grind. It'd be interesting to see the reaction to that, if it was a character that anyone actually cared about.

Sorry, I forgot to add that they also announced on the livestream there will be a new Faction Battle coming at some point that offers Colossus X-Genes and other rewards. Not sure if this is part of the update, or something for later.

The last faction battle (which was also for Colossus) gave out 160 free X-Genes. They are being decent here - this is not a Ultimates level money grab at least.

They are also halving the price of the crystal unlock for Cable (for players that did not do that already)

They also said he new 8 week daily log-in will offer 1200 crystals (split over the 8 weeks), 6* rank up tickets (they seemed to stress multiple) , 6* character selectors (possibly X-Gene, but they did not say ) and a Tier-2 Ticket.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
good thing no one cares about Stryfe lol

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing this 2 weeks ago and I really like it but its probably the grindiest mobile game I've ever played. There's so many things that I see that are definitely beyond my grasp.
As you can see, I don't play a lot of mobile games.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I started playing this 2 weeks ago and I really like it but its probably the grindiest mobile game I've ever played. There's so many things that I see that are definitely beyond my grasp.

It is grindy (by design, all mobile games are pretty much grindy to keep long time players from leaving) but it's also very generous. You do have to know what you're doing and not, for instance, pour all your resources into Hulkling because he's you're favorite.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I have played this game on and off since the launch 3 years ago (with one big six month gap), and I am still grinding today. It never ends. Ever. It is fun though, and is the only mobile game I ever stuck with, so it is worth it.

You should try to focus on one really good character. Luna Snow if you are willing to pay or Sharon Rogers if you are F2P. Those will help you clear a lot of early game stuff easy. Other than that, play characters you like and have fun. Why you finally get access to Scarlet Witch I would invest a lot into powering her up, as she makes clearing World Boss Ultimate very easy - and that is where you will get a lot of end game materials.

Deadpool looks like he will be great for new players too - might be even better than both I said above and totally free.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The update is now available on iOS (and I guess the Play store too), but the servers won't be up for a few more hours. Time to play Dead Cells....

wait u serious ke?? Deadpool is more powerful that Scarlet Witch new costume?

Nope. I meant Sharon and Luna. Sorry for the confusion. Deadpool might amazing, but Scarlet Witch seems broken (in a good way) right now.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I have played this game on and off since the launch 3 years ago (with one big six month gap), and I am still grinding today. It never ends. Ever. It is fun though, and is the only mobile game I ever stuck with, so it is worth it.

You should try to focus on one really good character. Luna Snow if you are willing to pay or Sharon Rogers if you are F2P. Those will help you clear a lot of early game stuff easy. Other than that, play characters you like and have fun. Why you finally get access to Scarlet Witch I would invest a lot into powering her up, as she makes clearing World Boss Ultimate very easy - and that is where you will get a lot of end game materials.

Deadpool looks like he will be great for new players too - might be even better than both I said above and totally free.

Yeah, that's why I said you need to weigh your options carefully. I think they basically give you a free six star when you start, and Sharon is at the top of the list of ones you should pick, but you can easily pick, I dunno, Daredevil or something and take much longer to do content.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
this patch kick serious butt!!

but there's some weird exploit where I'm getting character level XP even just using clear tickets though, hope I don't get banned again lol

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on reddit has been documenting the Epic Quest requirements here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/95jfyf/xforce_epic_quest_megathread/

A few notes on top of that :
- your first daily wall will be at stage 10, that asks to clear 2 daily missions, except you already had to clear one earlier, so you have to wait until the refresh or spend crystals.
- there's another daily mission wall at stage 21, so again crystals or wait.
- stage 23 requires 3* Colossus. You unlock a mission where he can appear as a shifter right before that. He's also a shifter on Psylocke's mission.
- stage 25 is an awful research mission. It requires 50 tokens that you get randomly after clearing story missions.
- stage 26 can't be cleared on day one, as it requires to play Villain Siege again, except you already had to do it on an earlier stage.

One thing I've noticed is that in "Stupid X-Men" (essentially Dark Dimension), the first stage is about Colossus and he can appear as a shifter, and the second stage's name implies Psylocke could appear as a shifter there. So this might be doable without buying her Magneto-like pack.

Her pack gives you back crystals, these are the ones I wasted on refilling daily entries lol.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey now, I just wanted to see how far I could get.
In light of this, I'd say you can shave a day by spending 150 crystals, but spending 300 crystals on mission 21 is pretty useless.

Or don't spend anything, and stop at 10 on day one, and 21 on day two.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm stuck at 8 on day one because I didn't get enough death seed drops. RNG is great.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Oh, this again?

They're going to say I can choose a faction and then force me to pick the Inhumans? Ugh. Screw the Inhumans.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wat specific mission are yall talking about?? I thought Death Seeds are from any story mission at all, you can even get them from Chapter 1 missions

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
wat specific mission are yall talking about?? I thought Death Seeds are from any story mission at all, you can even get them from Chapter 1 missions
The 2nd you need one is from Fantomex's mission only.

Now I need to decide if I should use my rank up tickets on Fantomex to get him to 5*, or wait, grind it out, and save them for another character I'll need to 5* for the quest.
edit: or check my inventory and realize I have multiple tickets, lol.

Stuck on 34 for the day, used my 3 psylocke entries already.

Last edited:

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this again?

They're going to say I can choose a faction and then force me to pick the Inhumans? Ugh. Screw the Inhumans.

You don't have to choose on that screen. If you close it it'll let you pick a team later when one side isn't locked. You just won't earn contribution rewards until you do pick a side.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
hey fro do u know if Domino or Fantomex ended up being high-tier chars?

like Bunta said we need to know if they're worth using rank-up tickets on?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You don't have to choose on that screen. If you close it it'll let you pick a team later when one side isn't locked. You just won't earn contribution rewards until you do pick a side.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was going to miss out on something by not picking a faction immediately, and I had to rush to finish a bunch of stuff before the reset. Oh well. I saw that people who picked X-men got shunted to the Inhuman side anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter that much. But Inhumans suck, Cyclops was unfairly maligned, etc. etc.

The one thing I don't like about having a bunch of new characters is the inventory space they take up. I'm always barely hanging on as it is. Time to clean up some ISOs and gear.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it really a uniform blowout sale if there's only 2 uniforms on sale? Just doesn't seem very...blown out.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have a Top 100 Deadpool. I am not sure I can keep up with the whales as the Epic Quest progresses, but dammit I will try (without becoming a whale).

A5U1XO2.jpg