• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Any try playing this on a Fire HD tablet?

Not personally. I am not even sure of the performance of that tablet tbh, but it should work on almost anything quite easily. There is both a Graphic and Performance toggle in the options that you can set from "High" to "Very Low." The game kinda looks terrible on "Very Low," but it will work. It is also a three year old game at this point, so it should work on most new devices. Also, the most recent patch had a few performance/graphic tweaks which would help things too.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you get cards from leveling up uniforms or did I read that wrong? My cards suck so it'd be nice to work on leveling up uniforms for their cards if thats true.
Can you get any card from the honor card chests or just a select few? I keep getting the same ones.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Do you get cards from leveling up uniforms or did I read that wrong? My cards suck so it'd be nice to work on leveling up uniforms for their cards if thats true.
Can you get any card from the honor card chests or just a select few? I keep getting the same ones.

You get a few cards from leveling up Unis as part of the Legendary Battle. The most notable one is Loki #2 by leveling up the Thor Ragnarok Uni to Mythic. This is a great card, but if you dont have the Thor Uni it might not be worth chasing it this point, as the Thor Infinity War Uni is better overall.

You can get anything from honor card chests expect "P" cards. "P" cards are some of he better cards in the game, but only come from a few places. Sadly, the main sources of getting them is RNG card loot boxes, which is a bad way to spend crystal. The previously mentioned Loki #2 is a "P" card. There are some amazing "P" cards, but you will throw a lot of money at the game trying to get the best ones.

The good news is there is a lot of great cards to get as random drops for free - or for a really small amount of crystals (125) in the Shield Lab Item Shop. Cards also come from Dimension Rifts, but there is only a few good ones in my opinion, however you will need to constantly run Rifts to get cards to feed to better cards to rank them up to Mythic.

In my opinion some of the best non-P cards are:

Avengers #318 (Nebula Rift)
Groot #5 (Groot Rift)
Star Lord #2 (Yondu Rift)
Loki #17 (Loki Rift)
Shield #12 (Random Drop / Item Shop)
Punisher #60 (Random Drop / Item Shop)
Gwenpool #1 (Random Drop / Item Shop) - this is the best free card in the game IMO

If you get all of these cards, or even a portion of them to Mythic, and equip the ones best for you, some of the stats are not going to be perfect, and you will need to rank up another card to Mythic to combine it with the good card to try and get better stats. The stats to look out for are the attack based one - Physical/Energy/All Attack, Ignore Defense, Critical Rate/Damage. You will also want a decent amount of Cooldown Duration. Max HP is good too. Avoid "Resits" stats as much you can - but some will creep into even the best cards.

It is hard to get perfect cards, but with enough luck, and months worth of rerolls, you should get 5 good ones that significantly help your roster.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can get cards for leveling specific uniforms, in that they're one time rewards for Legendary Battles. The Ragnarok Legendary Battle can net you two good premium cards. The other LBs require you to purchase their Extreme pack with crystals if you want the premium card rewards.

Honestly, rolling good versions of the two from Ragnarok and three good regular cards should be enough. The hardest part is the RNG associated to rerolling cards, as you will need to sacrifice another mythic card for each reroll. IIRC, there's a pretty comprehensive post about that on reddit.

As for what cards you can get where, as far as I can tell, there are 4 different pools :
- your regular dimension rifts can only give you a pretty narrow subset of regular cards. Mind you, they should be good enough if you roll good bonuses.
- the honor chest and Shadow Land can net you these cards but also some regular cards you wouldn't see otherwise. They're still missing a few regular cards (off the top of my mind, there's a Civil War cover, a Captain America, an Amazing Spider-Man, and a SHIELD cover)
- the new SHIELD lab will sell you these regular cards you can't get otherwise, for money or crystals. That's where I got 3 of the 4 cards I mentioned above.
- the chests sold in the store can have any card, including premium cards, but the rates for them are by far the worst thing in this game. Totally not worth it. World Boss chests, starting with the blue ones (level 20) can also give you any card, but the odds seem infinitesimal tbh.

Edit: what Keyser wrote lol.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ill probably get the Ragnarok costume for Loki then. I need a villain character since I only have Hela anyways.

One last question - is using the warp device worth it?

Last edited:

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ill probably get the Ragnarok costume for Loki then. I need a villain character since I only have Hela anyways.

One last question - is using the warp device worth it?

On the whole, no, though as a new player it might be ok to run once in a blue moon to keep a small amount of tokens on hand in case you find yourself desperate for something in the shop (gear up kits or dimension debris or whatever).

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Update should be dropping in two days.

DmxfZXFU4AAjoZz.jpg:large

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I dont think the community at large is too excited about the mash up characters, but I kind like them. Excited to play with them when they drop. Still kind wish they did Infinity Wars and not Warps though, as I would have loved a Requiem uni for.... you know, that person / spoilers.

Still liking the game, got T3 Deadpool recently, and he just wrecks everything. Wish I had a CTP for him, as I have 5* Urus, a fully Awakened ISO set rolled to Overdrive, but he is stuck with a crappy 120% proc right now :(

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So do we know what these are? Uniforms? Some kind of merged bios characters (like you need to have both characters t2 or something)?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So do we know what these are? Uniforms? Some kind of merged bios characters (like you need to have both characters t2 or something)?

The cobbled together info suggests they are new characters, not unis. Based on the various different Twitter posts and Mobirum posts in different languages no one has said it directly, but the wording suggests characters. One Marvel games guy said "Characters" in a Twitter post, but his wording has been wrong in the past. In a sneak peak, they also posted about new mode, showing a new map, and that, I guess, is where you farm these characters, but it is all guess work at this point. The patch notes should be available in 18ish hours, then we will know

Whatever happenes, hopefully they will also be available as Bioslector characters, as I have a 300 Bio Selector from a Weekly reward in my inbox waiting

I'm still hoping for a Requiem uniform to be revealed at the last minute. That would be so useful.

I would like that too. The reveal of Requiem is a big spoiler for an ongoing comic, so I could see them not wanting to talk about it in advance, but also offer in the game - or maybe Wars is the next next update. They still have a big gap to fill until Captain Marvel releases

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing semi-recently, is there room on the ERA clan and/or how active is it? I just joined some random clan and it seems... okay I guess? Not really sure of the benefits of a super active alliance. Haven't done any alliance raids or anything yet.

So far, I can clear 6 levels of Shadowland (maybe more, I recently upgraded a bunch of guys).... I can probably make it a bit further if I stop trying for the "bonus" for using 3 6* characters, the rewards seem like garbage, at least early on. I can clear all the World Bosses but Thanos is still tough, I don't quite have enough guys to make it through him. T1 Luna at 15 gear clears it better than my T2 Sharon does.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I think I posted it earlier, but max alliance bonuses are:

+20% exp gain
+20% gold gain
+14% critical damage increase in most modes
+14% critical rate increase in most modes
+14% dodge rate increase in most modes
+14% decrease cooldown in most modes

plus:
daily AAC challenge: 30 energy
weekly aac challenge: 50 energy

access to the alliance store where you can buy stuff like clear tickets or energy with alliance tokens
an active alliance might do well in alliance conquest, though by the time you can contribute the rewards won't be worth much
More dimension rifts since you get notified for every dimension rift your alliance opens. So if you have people that spent a lot of money, their VIP levels will be higher, their rifts will have better rewards, etc.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The patch notes are out in Chinese. lots of new stuff, a bunch I cannot read. The new mode seems like it has a crystal entry fee, but you get rewards depending on how well you do. Weapon X and Ghost Panther seem like sub characters

When I wait for English...

1536546281921.gif

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
English notes are out. Ghost Panther is Bio Sub, Weapon Hex is X-Sub, ArachKnight is in a 750 crystal quest pack for the new game type, which has a new weird microtransaction box that you earn crystals while you play, but have to pay to cash them out which seems off putting. Iron Hammer is selectors only.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have been trying to figure out exactly what the Crystal Chest is and if it is like the Piggy Bank in Egg Inc it is actually pretty good. It is a great way to get a lot of premium currency at a small price. It rewards patience...

The one in MFF look like a more time limited version of this, but still could be good, and possibly a good crystal/$$$ ratio.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess we'll see the effective exchange rate, but yeah, Heroic Quest essentially rewards you with an opportunity to buy cheaper crystals.

Two new universal characters is good. Ghost Panther in particular provides an uber version of Coulson.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This new paid heroic quest is a piece of crap.

I finished the first leg early, and then because of that I started the second leg a couple of days late and couldn't finish. And they constantly have things like "do 2 normal alliance battles" which is like impossible to finish in a single day (except reset day). And just now I ran into the sequence:
upgrade 10 cards
then
do 10 dimension rift missions

for like the third time. argh.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
whoa anyone see the two new costumes?? they look awesome as heck for comix fans!

They are cosmetic items and offer no good skills than the base characters. They look cool, but adding costumes that have no benefit other than looking nice is a bad road for this game to go down.

I am all for costumes with a unique look. I really hope they do it again for a possible Into The Spider Verseupdate - but costumes like these need skills (even bad ones) if they are to exist in the first place.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I know but looks matter man! Just like in real life, looks are a large percentage of the factor for everything

Also aren't these two costumes much cheaper crystal cost than normal?

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
does anyone know if the crystal chest for $2.99 is worth it in the Heroic Quest thing??/

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Aw damn, got booted from the alliance. Fair enough. Not had the motivation to play lately, none of the new characters have interested me much and the time/rewards ratio doesn't seem so great any more.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am happy about Gambit, but he is another Blast character I would guess and I feel like this game is overflowing in Blast.

If they are doing more mutant, I hope Wolverine gets T3 this time. Power creep has overtook the poor guy and he needs something.

My hope would be T3, and Old Man Logan Uni.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Update is revealed and yeah, I'm tapping out, this is pure bullshit.

* You can obtain Nightcrawler by purchasing the Premium Hero Chest and via X-Gene Selectors.

* You can obtain Sentinel by purchasing "Get 20 Biometrics Daily" from the Mission Shop.

* You can obtain Gambit by purchasing "Get 20 X-Genes Daily" from the Mission Shop.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
To be honest, we have had enough characters for a very long time. We needed a new mode, and they gave us that. If that mode is legit difficult it will be fun to play. It is not the best update ever, but I am staying around

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
dang anyone get rocked in GIANT BOSS RAID???

i tried using the recommended chars of Chinese Hulk, Hulkling, and Deathlok

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
whoa does anyone think Gambit's 5-skill is just an exact ripoff from the Marvel Heroes ultimate skill, if anyone played that game here

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
hey Team --

is Nightcrawler considered great tier?

Low damage character with lots of iframes. He can stay alive, but is going to need a uni to be great. He is probably a good Shadowlands character - but no good in World Boss Ultimate

He is worth farming manually, but not worth crystals/money right now in my mind