• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Deadline:
Might there be a glimmer of hope for change of heart in the quick banishment of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunnfrom the Magic Kingdom? Nobody is talking about it, but sources said that back channel conversations are taking place between Marvel Studios and Disney. Sources said the Marvel contingent is trying to persuade Disney to explore a compromise that might bring Gunn back into the fold for Guardians 3, something that clearly would be best for the franchise. There is no clash or strong arming here. I'm told it's a discussion that comes in the wake of the whole cast declaring their loyalty to Gunn, whose abrupt exit has put a thriving film franchise in a rocky place. One would have to label this 11th hour approach to be a long shot, but the community is talking about it.

TL;DR: Feige is talking to Horn about reinstating Gunn in the wake of the cast's support and the goodwill behind Gunn.

In addition:
It seems clear what is best for a film franchise that will become damaged goods for the next director. Some have posited that the precocious Thor: Ragnarok's Taika Waititi as a perfect fit, but what principled filmmaker will feel good about taking over in such circumstances?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I knew it. I knew Feige wasn't on board with the firing. I hope this doesn't affect his position in anyway.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew it. I knew Feige wasn't on board with the firing. I hope this doesn't affect his position in anyway.
Feige's one of the most secure men in Hollywood. Not even Disney would let this man go considering places like WB would be offering him obscene amounts of money to shepard their universes. The man's made 10 years of blockbuster movies. No way in hell he gets let go.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Compromise is less money for Gunn and he steps away from the third movie. He steps back from the media tour during release.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
We're starting to see cracks in the Marvel/Disney relationship, just as Lucasfilm showed its Achilles heel. Not jealous of Bob Iger right now.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is even weirder because he probably wrote all the guardians stuff for avengers 4 and has to be there for reshoots

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gunn will voice a random alien in the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie. He'll be the next Korg

Status
Not open for further replies.