• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed! Exploding tech is trash! I've been using Nightcrawler and Elektra to avoid damage (plus they're boosted.)

btw, been lurking in this thread since the old place, shame you guys don't use it much anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Most of us are just now talking on discord instead of in here. we seem to have lost most people who weren't in our alliance that we talked to in the move.

I still watch the thread, but there really hasn't been to much to talk about in regards to the game.
new character every 2 weeks and what not.

a good chunk of our discussion are about things not related to MPQ anymore lol.

lbs.

Oct 30, 2017
Most of us are just now talking on discord instead of in here. we seem to have lost most people who weren't in our alliance that we talked to in the move.

I still watch the thread, but there really hasn't been to much to talk about in regards to the game.
new character every 2 weeks and what not.

a good chunk of our discussion are about things not related to MPQ anymore lol.

Ah yes, I remember the discussions you guys had about using discord. It's cool, I miss the updates that I got "here" as part of my forum visiting routine. Never really commented because I didn't want to intrude in your alliance stuff (I've learned some folk don't like that!)

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, I remember the discussions you guys had about using discord. It's cool, I miss the updates that I got "here" as part of my forum visiting routine. Never really commented because I didn't want to intrude in your alliance stuff (I've learned some folk don't like that!)
It's all good. I can try to remember to post stuff here. Just didn't realize anyone else was still reading here lol

lbs.

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks peeps. I'll skip you in the pvps...... unless you're worth 70+, then all bets are off :P ;)

OP
OP
hodayathink

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
And we are nowhere near serious enough about our alliance to care if someone's intruding on it.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
upcoming changes
ZwsECg2.png

so nerfs to 3 characters that don't need nerfs and corrections or buffs to characters that needed it even if they aren't big buffs.

GG's ability to fortify repeaters though is nice.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
TBH, I'm not sure that's really that much of a nerf, unless I'm reading it wrong, that's just applying the couple hundred extra damage from applicable tiles that were in the row, but not part of the actual match

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
TBH, I'm not sure that's really that much of a nerf, unless I'm reading it wrong, that's just applying the couple hundred extra damage from applicable tiles that were in the row, but not part of the actual match
I didn't say it was a huge nerf, just that it was a nerf.

I mean technically if you reduced 4* rocket's strike tiles by 1 at max level it would still be a nerf :P

lbs.

Oct 30, 2017
That GG one is amusing. "all instead of 64." Imagine a whole screen of countdown tiles... lol

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the feedback on Reddit, the new tiles from the Wakanda event were a huge bust. I gave up on the event, even though I could have used that 4-star Gamor cover.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the feedback on Reddit, the new tiles from the Wakanda event were a huge bust. I gave up on the event, even though I could have used that 4-star Gamor cover.
well I mean we had 3 types of tiles that were supposed to be neutral.

1. Tiles that exploded that did aoe damage to both sides.
These were the most fair tiles, but given that the enemy always starts with full HP while the player needs to use resources to get HP back they don't feel very fair.

2. Tiles that gave you shields but as soon as they ran out converted them all to the enemy.
These were the best tiles even if they weren't super fair. Given a number of people have ways to deal with enemy shields or even use them to your benefit these tiles were fine. Annoying when you couldn't stop them from converting everything to enemy shields, but overall while skewed towards the enemy since it meant a single time of not being able to destroy one meant the enemy was protected it wasn't horrible.

3. Tiles that stole AP from only the player but couldn't be targeted by any ability that targets enemy countdown timers because they were considered neutral.
yeah these were just dumb.

you also have to keep into account that they ticked down on the enemy turn, meaning that any cascades they gave from going off went to the enemy, and that no player powers that used friendly tiles could use them.

I think step one to fix them would be remove the neutral aspect of them, if they come down because of a player match they are enemy tiles, and if they come down due to enemy matches they are player tiles. That would fix things a little, but they still aren't great tiles.

lbs.

Oct 30, 2017
Yea, shame really. New release pves are usually the only time I go hard on pves. I gave up too, after I got the 4* :/

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, I'm generally a casual player but trying to get back into PVE a bit. I know the nodes changed a little while ago, so what's the best method to clear them? I'm ranked 9 in this new Shuri one, but I know I did something wrong in my timing and I'll drop a lot before the event's finished.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, I'm generally a casual player but trying to get back into PVE a bit. I know the nodes changed a little while ago, so what's the best method to clear them? I'm ranked 9 in this new Shuri one, but I know I did something wrong in my timing and I'll drop a lot before the event's finished.
I don't think the method has really changed to much.
the moment the nodes flip grind them all to 4 hits so that the timer starts to recover points, and then shortly before (how ever long where you can hit them all, usually around two hours) the nodes flip grind each of the nodes down to 1 point.

OP
OP
hodayathink

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the method has really changed to much.
the moment the nodes flip grind them all to 4 hits so that the timer starts to recover points, and then shortly before (how ever long where you can hit them all, usually around two hours) the nodes flip grind each of the nodes down to 1 point.

The bolded has changed (but the strategy hasn't). Easy nodes are worth zero points now after a while, and the points range from 1 to 7 for the required and harder nodes.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
So, are we pushing hard on Ultron today, or not? I'm having a tough time taking him down, but I can chip away at him for some points.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So, are we pushing hard on Ultron today, or not? I'm having a tough time taking him down, but I can chip away at him for some points.
im working on it slowly. so I guess yeah we should as i think I can do it by myself so it shouldn't be hard if a few of us do it as he only needs 6 more full hits.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
We're almost there! Fuck you, Ultron!

Aw who am I kidding. If we get the token I'm only going to end up with a War Machine or something equal.

lbs.

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm...

"Supports will be arriving in Marvel Puzzle Quest next week. What is Supports you ask? In brief, Supports brings all the elements of the Marvel Universe to Marvel Puzzle Quest in the form of bonus items, vehicles, locations, and sidekick (companion) characters, which will be equipped to your 3, 4, and 5-star characters, giving them access to increased stats and new powers and abilities! "

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71833/brand-new-supports-feature-4-5-18

Major addition!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...

"Supports will be arriving in Marvel Puzzle Quest next week. What is Supports you ask? In brief, Supports brings all the elements of the Marvel Universe to Marvel Puzzle Quest in the form of bonus items, vehicles, locations, and sidekick (companion) characters, which will be equipped to your 3, 4, and 5-star characters, giving them access to increased stats and new powers and abilities! "

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71833/brand-new-supports-feature-4-5-18

Major addition!
yup. should be interesting.
the one they showed off could be a huge boost to some characters.

They might allow for some new fun team combos that previously weren't quite there to be viable.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
Supports do look interesting, I agree. I like that it adds some minor characters (Sharon Carter, for one) to the game.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
So, are we going to try and push for the Legendary Token? I might not be able to do much, since I have a lot of work to do this weekend, sorry.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So, are we going to try and push for the Legendary Token? I might not be able to do much, since I have a lot of work to do this weekend, sorry.
nah, it would require a number of people going full force, and it doesn't seem worth it to sink 6-10 hours of effort into getting a single legendary token that will just end up being a sanman cover :P

OP
OP
hodayathink

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
So supports got added. That was nice.

Also, boss event this weekend (Thanos) so if everyone could, you know, play a bit, that'd be great.

In future news:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...mes-set-avengers-infinity-war-updates-1103462

Marvel Puzzle Quest

April 19 In-game event begins.

April 24 New supports become available, including Children of Thanos and Infinity Stones. New characters include Captain America (April 19), Black Widow (May 3), Okoye (May 17) and Spider-Man/Iron Spider (May 31).

The Black Order and The Infinity Stones as supports, and the next 4 characters (3 from IW, one from BP).

Nomartyme

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back after 2 year hiatus.... any casual gaf alliances! ?

Also saw that zulux21 uninstalled... :(

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
Man, with 4 star Gamora and Rocket and Groot boosted, Thanos has been a cakewalk so far. I don't even have Gamora champed, and it's easy.

OP
OP
hodayathink

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Since you can't actually stun Thanos, Yondu and/or Drax are actually better than Gamora for that fight.