• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have started to hoard Premium Orbs (the free ones you get every now and then). Looking at some of the opening videos on Youtube, the drop rate for good stuff seems way too low right now. So many minions, and not enough Heroes.

I feel like they might adjust the drop rates in the future, and I will do a big opening then and come out better off.

Anyway, I have 5 right now, and dont feel like I need anything from those orbs I cannot farm elsewhere.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is interested, we have two open spots in Blue Team. We don't look like it but we're super nice people, and we totally win at raids.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
My alliance crumbled and fell so I'm in need of a new one. I poked Great Lakes ERA (as Lateralis) but I'll join whoever has room on their raid team!

I'm level 60 with an almost maxed team :)

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
I applied to Era blue team I think. There was one spot left. Name is the same, so if it's ok with you I would gladly be a member.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Posting this again as my Alliances has lost another couple of members to a Beta Alliance.

Do any of the ERA Alliances have an open space? My current Alliance has lost a few members and we're struggling to recruit heavy hitters. So we've not managed to 100% the last couple of 50 Raids. I'm lvl 60 Strongest Team 85k.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel ERA has one opening for an active daily player.

Send me a DM with your in-game name, if interested.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iron Man here already wow. Not really prepared. Probably will have to drop cores on refreshing nodes on the double drop days.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I will be able to do Tier 3 Iron Man, I think. Will need to farm a bit to get Shield Medic to 3* (I am 12 shards away). No chance of going any further.

And I have also now saved up 7 Premium Orbs - but still do not want to open until they change drop rates

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nexus 5-9 makes me want to throw my phone across the universe.

What teams are people running for Villains United? It seems like it's more difficult to field a good villain team.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nexus 5-9 makes me want to throw my phone across the universe.

What teams are people running for Villains United? It seems like it's more difficult to field a good villain team.

Hard to make a good villains team. Right now I'm running Thanos, Crossbones, Yondu, Kingpin and Winter Soldier. Obvious problem here is that Kingpin is from getting lucky with premium orbs and Thanos is from an event. The best free team I could make would be Hand Sentry, Crossbones, Yondu, Winter Soldier and... Korath? I guess? I don't use him much but he's also useful for Cosmic.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to make a good villains team. Right now I'm running Thanos, Crossbones, Yondu, Kingpin and Winter Soldier. Obvious problem here is that Kingpin is from getting lucky with premium orbs and Thanos is from an event. The best free team I could make would be Hand Sentry, Crossbones, Yondu, Winter Soldier and... Korath? I guess? I don't use him much but he's also useful for Cosmic.

Only one I don't have is Kingpin. Maybe I'll level Korath to throw in there. Thanks!

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
You can cheese a 3 Star win in Nexus 5-9 by having only the SHIELD Operative alive at the end of the fourth stage.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Mannn I had already used up most of the nodes today before they started the 2x drops for shield characters :( oh well I'll just have to use them again tomorrow morning before it ends but that was a bit of a bummer.

Also accidentally bought an extra premium orb while I was redeeming mine and it happened to be 25x shield ops, was a roller coaster of emotions xD

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I was sitting on 4800 orbs, spent 1800 on refreshes. Got lucky sorta, but not really. I think I got 30-40 each for both security and medic. 20-30 for Cap and Hawk.

But still, that was 1800. 200 of it was by accident for campaign energy when the cost doubled lol. Unfortunately, still sitting on 4.5 stars for both Cap/HE. 3.5 for Sec/Med.

Now I have to suffer and figure out Villains 6-9

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So the Iron Man event started. The highest tier has level recommendations that aren't even possible, so that's neat.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I ended up with 100 shards, and will probably unlock Iron Man the next time the event is run.

To be honest, he does not seem too special, and happy to use resources elsewhere

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
Could only do the first and second one. Don't have enough 3* and higher characters for the event.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I personally dont see how most people would have anything above three, unless they are whaling, or are in the Beta shard

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I ended up with 100 shards, and will probably unlock Iron Man the next time the event is run.

To be honest, he does not seem too special, and happy to use resources elsewhere
Same here, got 100 shards. From using him when he's in campaign missions I didn't think he was too special, either.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol still trying to do villains 5-9. 4 of the 5 attempts, first two enemy turns would target my merc lt who would either die or end up with with like 5% health.

Fucking garbage AI. Not gonna bother commenting on the rng either.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Why have events that force you use characters no one in their mind uses?

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh people still post here, I stopped getting notifications weirdly

Finally got Iron Man had to spend a fair amount of cores on double drops. F u shield medic

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I somehow unlocked Kingpin without ever finishing the Villain campaign. Had some good rolls with the few Premium orbs I opened (earned ones, not using cores). I might actually finished that campaign when I upgrade him

Also got Thor, but not leveled at all, cause I am poor.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I somehow unlocked Kingpin without ever finishing the Villain campaign. Had some good rolls with the few Premium orbs I opened (earned ones, not using cores). I might actually finished that campaign when I upgrade him

Also got Thor, but not leveled at all, cause I am poor.

KP is obscenely good. Don't level his basic and bodyguards if you can help it just level his ult and put him on teams with turn 2 aoe like crossbones and yondu

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel ERA has one spot open for active daily player.

Please send a join request to the Alliance, and let me know who you are, either in this thread or by DM, as I get a lot of requests from randoms each day there is a spot open.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_20180624-200242_Strike_Force.jpg

The first 1M top 500 cut off. Next black widow blitz will be nuts.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, I am starting to struggle in Arena, used to bob around 200-300, now get knocked down to 600 a lot, I reckon people are just pulling ahead in terms of team strength, so.........

Arena teams, what's good if you don't want to chuck money at the game.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed we're down to 19 active members in Blue, we have two open spots and can open more. If the other alliances also have fewer active members, we might just fold one of the alliances into the others (I assume we're not there yet).

I didn't make top 10% because I was busy all day :(
I was bottom 50% because I've been very busy for like 10 days lol. I play once or twice a day and focus on Raids to not keep the alliance down, but blitz kind of feels like a chore. Particularly the first matches that get the multiplier up.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, I am starting to struggle in Arena, used to bob around 200-300, now get knocked down to 600 a lot, I reckon people are just pulling ahead in terms of team strength, so.........

Arena teams, what's good if you don't want to chuck money at the game.

Sorry I meant to respond to this earlier.

Hand Sentry is really OP in arena, once his smoke bomb is proper leveled he gives stealth and evade to the rest of the team. Really good as a tank.

Yondu Gamora Quake are excellent in terms of availability and reliability

Crossbones is excellent as well.

I think the best F2P team you can make right now is Yondu Gamora Quake Crossbones and Hand Sentry and really its not far off from the top of the line teams.

However rumor is Ant-Man and Wasp will be really great in arena so may want to hang on to your gold for them

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I meant to respond to this earlier.

Hand Sentry is really OP in arena, once his smoke bomb is proper leveled he gives stealth and evade to the rest of the team. Really good as a tank.

Yondu Gamora Quake are excellent in terms of availability and reliability

Crossbones is excellent as well.

I think the best F2P team you can make right now is Yondu Gamora Quake Crossbones and Hand Sentry and really its not far off from the top of the line teams.

However rumor is Ant-Man and Wasp will be really great in arena so may want to hang on to your gold for them
Thanks, I am currently running Yondu, Quake, Gamora, Drax and Thanos.

I have Hand Sentry up to 10k, so I'll concentrate on that, I never have much luck with XB, he seems too spongy to last until his detonate can do enough, but that maybe because I don't have Hand Sentry to stealth him.