• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I checked the game this morning, and now feel I have to many energys to keep track of. There is so many going at onc

And it looks like I will top at a 4* for the next event for Starlord
They're really going in hard on trying to get people to buy cores, two quest lines in addition to the other campaigns, plus "make sure you buff up your ravager / guardians team because the starlord event is coming".

The free cores don't go very far at the best of times!!!

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of content going on right now is nuts! My core stockpile is getting starved now lol.

8ClzwuK.jpg

Hope I manage to get rocket otherwise this was pointless

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I sure love those drop rates on the Ant Man fragments. Shit has been averaging 20% for me, so 1000 energy per orb lol. And that 1000 energy is almost always 5 Ant man shards. I've gotten more than 5 once.

Just th best game, possibly the greatest.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The change to blitz is really shitty imo. I could get top 500 before just hitting every refresh but now I have to play l for hours everyday.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah it's very time demanding. I'd rather they switch back to how it was is it a permanent change? I know they said they'd merge the beta and global brackets together and there'd be change but that message came after the 2hr blitz started

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's everyone bitching about on global chat about nerfs?

Also, wow, global chat has some...........extreme views!

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
People are saying you need a team of 350k to beat it, not sure how true that is.
I'm at roughly 78k right now and got completely destroyed. If thats really your needed teampower...holy shit.

Edit: Read some threads on reddit and some players are getting three stars. But the difficulty curve is just stupid (besides the recommended lvl of 58 and tier 9).

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Opposing team is 270k+, people are saying they have beaten it with 130-140k, others saying they pretty much get one shotted with 130k, some saying there is a heavy dose of RNG in the battle, others saying it's bugged.

IDK, but many people aren't happy!

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah my team is 122k. I'll just leave it for now and focus on the earlier hard nodes and medium nodes until a rebalance or I train/level up my team a bit more.

The recommended levels don't appear accurate tho imo

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't beaten Wasp 1-6 and I'm not going to bother. Just run your energy on the first five hard nodes and the last medium node every day and it should be enough to unlock her

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Big balance change next month with nerf to speed and more character balance reworks. I'm glad they're shaking the meta as there's way too many similar teams, wider viability is exciting assuming they do it right

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Update info, and game news going forward...

Hello Commanders,

We have some exciting balance changes on the horizon and we want to make sure you have the information you need at the earliest possible moment. That moment is now!

First, a little context. Our ongoing goal in balancing characters is to ensure that every character in your roster has a purpose. They should all have value somewhere in the game. Some characters excel in Arena mode, while others are useful in Raids. Beyond that, there should be as many viable team builds as possible for each mode. New game modes and features are in the works that will further highlight characters and team compositions that you may have overlooked before.

We feel that if you've invested in a particular character you shouldn't have your efforts invalidated arbitrarily. However, some things will occasionally end up out of bounds and will require reduction, commonly known as nerfs.

With that in mind, let's talk about speed. Currently, characters that provide hefty quantities of speed status effects (Speed Up/Slow) are dominating the top of the charts in Arena mode. In general, we would prefer to reduce effective power as a last resort, but in the interest of a healthy environment for balance Speed Up and Slow status effects need to be reined in.

Specifically, we're contemplating a reduction in the Speed Up and Slow status effects from a 50% speed adjustment to a 30% speed adjustment. We're targeting early August for this change. This won't knock every rock star off the top of the charts, but it's a structural prerequisite for a variety of future changes. We'll look at other characters like Crossbones and Yondu in subsequent balance efforts.

It's difficult to say if this change to speed will be exactly enough to provide broad viability to Arena and Blitz team builds, but it will bring characters like Quake and Black Widow into formation so we can tune the rest of the game more fairly. We're putting this information out now so that players can decide for themselves how they would prefer to continue investing in those characters well before the changes go live.

We'll also be speeding up some of our slower characters, such as Hulk, to ensure their usefulness once they lose that extra speed bump. Speed will still be incredibly valuable: even a single point of speed can break a tie, often allowing a heavy hitter to deliver massive damage before their counterpart on the enemy team has a chance to act.

As we move ahead, we'll also be updating other characters more aggressively. This means more frequent updates to underutilized characters, more tactical options, and occasional nerfs as needed. Minion teams are getting updated to work more effectively with their leaders, such as Nick Fury leading a S.H.I.E.L.D. team that can give even an Avengers team a run for its money. We want these changes to come quickly enough that you always have new options, but not so quickly that chasing a character you like feels futile. And, of course, each new character we release will expand your options.

It's an inspiration to the team when we see people theorycrafting in chat or through online forums, like they have with the recent Vision and Spider-man updates. Those discussions have been filled with great ideas and insightful strategic thinking, and help guide us when we review characters. Thoughtful debate and strategic experimentation will always be at the heart of the balance dialog.

We look forward to seeing what kind of teams you create with these upcoming adjustments.

Thanks for playing!

Jason Bender
Creative Director
MARVEL Strike Force

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Welp. Looks like Yondu is on line for a nerf as well damn. Hopefully not too hard as I've fully invested in him but on the flip side it makes me happy they're reigning in some characters for balance because the meta is very rigid ATM. It'll be interesting to see how Hulk goes, the buff for spidey and vision has been good so overall I'm excited.

Some of the beta players in my alliance who have paid money tho they are pissed and thinking of quitting lol, I think mostly changes to blitz tho but for me these are all lateral or positive changes and I'm on board

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The guy who datamines stuff on Reddit (and has been right in the past), said to expect a Loki Blitz on 7/26, but I dont think there is any other info right now

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Got rank 1800 for Ant-Man... I gave up because I thought I'd need some obscene score and I very very easily could've got it damn lol. Pretty much had full blitz charges the whole time throughout

SuperMario

Oct 28, 2017
I usually end up at 1-10% in blitz.

In the Ant-Man one, I got 20-60% doing the same as always.

The hell happened here.

Eindyien

Oct 30, 2017
Does anybody know of a cheap Android tablet that can run this? Could I get one of the Amazon ones to work?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The video has been removed, a short synopsis please?

There are two videos still available, just scroll down the reddit post. The original is archived and the new one is still there.

The gist is that FoxNext are paying a person to promote the game, but regretfully the person seems to think he is more important than he actually is, and said he works at "Marvel" or "FoxNext" even though he is just a paid influencer. This seems to be why Video1 got taken down. Even though the guy seem a bit full of himself been a paid infuerencer is not bad in itself, but he did not labeled any of his videos as "Paid Content," this is actually illegal in many countries. What is worse, the player was given infinite funds and energy to level up his account/characters to a level unreachable by anyone currently playing the game - even the biggest whales, who would happily pay $1000s to be the best, could not touch him. He should have not been able to interact with public, paying accounts, and instead should have been restricted to a private test server, or at the very least his account should have been hidden, and he should not have not visible to normal players.

There are lots of other little problems along the way, but the main ones are FoxNext let someone with a huge advantage interact with the public, which is very foolish of them, and the guy that has this advantage to is doing his job in the worst way, so much so that is is actually illegal.

Personally I feel FoxNext did not offer the guy correct guidelines to do his job (even if many people do not like the job, it is still a job), and now he is taking a lot of hate. This is the latest in a long list of bad decisions by FoxNext (the others affected gameplay, this has more casualties), and this could be a breaking point for many who were already losing faith in the game.

Lastly, looking at the comments of the reddit thread, I feel reddit might be letting there anger go too far, and are digging for too much personal info on the guy, so it is best not to repeat that here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are two videos still available, just scroll down the reddit post. The original is archived and the new one is still there.

The gist is that FoxNext are paying a person to promote the game, but regretfully the person seems to think he is more important than he actually is, and said he works at "Marvel" or "FoxNext" even though he is just a paid influencer. This seems to be why Video1 got taken down. Even though the guy seem a bit full of himself been a paid infuerencer is not bad in itself, but he did not labeled any of his videos as "Paid Content," this is actually illegal in many countries. What is worse, the player was given infinite funds and energy to level up his account/characters to a level unreachable by anyone currently playing the game - even the biggest whales, who would happily pay $1000s to be the best, could not touch him. He should have not been able to interact with public, paying accounts, and instead should have been restricted to a private test server, or at the very least his account should have been hidden, and he should not have not visible to normal players.

There are lots of other little problems along the way, but the main ones are FoxNext let someone with a huge advantage interact with the public, which is very foolish of them, and the guy that has this advantage to is doing his job in the worst way, so much so that is is actually illegal.

Personally I feel FoxNext did not offer the guy correct guidelines to do his job (even if many people do not like the job, it is still a job), and now he is taking a lot of hate. This is the latest in a long list of bad decisions by FoxNext (the others affected gameplay, this has more casualties), and this could be a breaking point for many who were already losing faith in the game.

Lastly, looking at the comments of the reddit thread, I feel reddit might be letting there anger go too far, and are digging for too much personal info on the guy, so it is best not to repeat that here.
Thanks, appreciate it, does seem a bit shitty to let a "god mode" player interact with the paying community, I can see why it would piss off people who spend money on the game.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Been a long while since I've posted here.

I had a good time with the game while I played, but these recent changes (and allegations against FN) have made me decide to quit. I really hope these devs get their act together.

PS - If you're in the same boat as me, Apple is willing to refund you of some of your purchases if you explain the situation correctly. I did and managed to get something back. Maybe it's a BIT scummy of ME, but after finding out about what was going on behind the scenes, I didn't feel too bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Yup, the blue capes are recruiting! Look for "Era Capes Blue Team".

Thanks, just joined and sent in my request. The name will be Cheshire.

It really sucked that my old guild fell apart. I started around the time of launch and all the spots in Era were filled up, but I ended up joining a solid crew and played with a lot of good people. Hope to be a good member of the team and get back to being in raids consistently.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I haven't posted in a while. For some reason I have this thread on watch but it won't send me alerts when people post.

Anyways Nick Fury is apparently gonna require Kree minions at 5* to unlock... so that sucks

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Kree minions? Lol.. I guess Nick is going to be yet another character I won't be able to get if that's true. Damn..

BTW, the blue capes are still looking for active members. More and more people just stop playing and don't participate in raids anymore. :(

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Man I haven't posted in a while. For some reason I have this thread on watch but it won't send me alerts when people post.

Anyways Nick Fury is apparently gonna require Kree minions at 5* to unlock... so that sucks
Yeah I saw that as well and as it is now I think only the fattest of whales will get him lol.
Kree minions? Lol.. I guess Nick is going to be yet another character I won't be able to get if that's true. Damn..

BTW, the blue capes are still looking for active members. More and more people just stop playing and don't participate in raids anymore. :(
Another tidbit I read is that they will reduce the lanes from 8 to 7 to accomodate alliances that aren't full or players that can't make it. Hopefully that's soon, I'm excited by a lot of the changes I've heard of but I don't like this stupid game of forcing people to invest in shit characters if you want new hotness like Nick Fury.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, raid participation has gone down in our team as well. We can't even reach tier 2 rewards anymore, since 7-8 people don't even join the raids.
Yeah, it's a real shame.

Any mileage in consolidating some of the ERA alliances?

Or make a new one out of the active participating members of the ones that are failing?

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Looks like the devs were communicating a bit more on Reddit today which is nice I guess. Scarlett witch was posted on their Twitter and I see some screenshots referencing Okoye which is cool.

They're busy it seems, also new t6 raid rewards suck. I wonder if they're going to boost them or nerf t5 because right now unless you want orange mats it's not worth it at all