• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I don't think this is true.

Thor Ragnarok came about because Hemsworth wasn't happy with Thor's direction, Hulk from Thor Ragnarok is inspired by a meeting Ruffalo had with Feige, Tessa Thompson on the comic con stage said Valkyrie was looking for a Queen etc. Rudd co-writes the Ant Man films. Like they're pretty flexible character wise. Shit, Evans and Scarlet wrote their own dialogue for some scenes in Winter Soldier.

Yep all this and don't forget
images

"Why is Gamora" was improv'd and even "I am Iron Man" in Endgame was suggested by the editor of the movie. There's plenty of legroom.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Great casting choice, Ali was fantastic in Luke Cage and Spiderverse. Of all the MCU announcements this has me the most excited.

Oct 27, 2017
This is great casting and I'm so stoked we're getting another Blade movie, but does Mahershala Ali practice martial arts? I always thought part of the reason Wesley Snipes was so great in the role was because he had excellent physicality and looked perfect in the action scenes, in a way that you can't convincingly fake in 3 or 6 months of combat training. Not that it's a deal breaker because Ali is an excellent actor and was the best thing about Luke Cage, but I was just curious.

Edit - I also hope Snipes has a part or at least a cameo in this!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is great casting and I'm so stoked we're getting another Blade movie, but does Mahershala Ali practice martial arts? I always thought part of the reason Wesley Snipes was so great in the role was because he had excellent physicality and looked perfect in the action scenes, in a way that you can't convincingly fake in 3 or 6 months of combat training. Not that it's a deal breaker because Ali is an excellent actor and was the best thing about Luke Cage, but I was just curious.

Edit - I also hope Snipes has a part or at least a cameo in this!

I really don't think Snipes will be in it. Dude was a giant primadonna in the last movie and the crew basically had to work under the assumption he wouldn't be around most of the time.

As for Ali, this project is a LONG ways out, they have plenty of time to get him up to speed.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how much Ali's action choreography skills really matter tbh. Not like the rest of the MCU actors were life long stunt veterans.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how much Ali's action choreography skills really matter tbh. Not like the rest of the MCU actors were life long stunt veterans.

That's fair enough. Winter Soldier has some of my favourite action scenes of recent years so I don't suppose it really matters. I'm still pretty excited by this, even though my first thought was that he's older than I would have expected them to cast.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Should have broughback Wesley Snipes
I'm open to new visions for this, but, deep down I am a bit sad that Snipes won't be coming back. An older Blade would be perfect, Snipes would likely be in perfect shape for it, and it would be great. But that is just my head cannon running away into la la land. I can't hate on the new movie without actually seeing it, new guy could be pretty sharp, but that won't stop me from constantly comparing everything to all of Snipes great Bladeyness

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm open to new visions for this, but, deep down I am a bit sad that Snipes won't be coming back. An older Blade would be perfect, Snipes would likely be in perfect shape for it, and it would be great. But that is just my head cannon running away into la la land. I can't hate on the new movie without actually seeing it, new guy could be pretty sharp, but that won't stop me from constantly comparing everything to all of Snipes great Bladeyness

Snipes was really only TRULY good in the first movie, though. The second movie was really uneven and...we don't really talk about Trinity anymore. I don't even think Ryan Reynolds wants to remember that movie.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
What's Blade's place in an MCU that's becoming more cosmic & trippy?

That said, all in for a reboot. Id like to see more gritty R rated affairs and with that casting its up to a great start

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

That said, all in for a reboot. Id like to see more gritty R rated affairs and with that casting its up to a great start

Blade's pretty much always a street-level hero except in situations where supernatural threats start to flare up in large numbers. It would be pretty easy to have Blade hunting small-time vampires on the street in Boston or Detroit until someone like Dracula decides to fuck around and he has to bump up to the big leagues.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Blade Trinity was a party. Goyer wasn't the director it needed at the time and Snipes was apparently insufferable, in part for the right reasons.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Snipes was really only TRULY good in the first movie, though. The second movie was really uneven and...we don't really talk about Trinity anymore. I don't even think Ryan Reynolds wants to remember that movie.

Snipes is the only thing consistent about the trilogy.

The Blade the world knows today is a Snipes/Goyer creation.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Snipes is the only thing consistent about the trilogy.

The Blade the world knows today is a Snipes/Goyer creation.

Honestly, this is why this project is the most exciting out of everything they showed last night - Mahershala WENT AFTER this part, which means he probably has a pretty specific idea in mind for what he wants to do. You don't usually see that kind of thing in the MCU - usually this stuff is planned out for years in advance and actors are almost secondary to the process.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017

Vampires could be a result of cosmic forces at play in MCU......probably. I'm going to speculate that it will tie into the next Doctor Strange movie some how.

I doubt it will be R this time around though

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Vampires could be a result of cosmic forces at play in MCU......probably. I'm going to speculate that it will tie into the next Doctor Strange movie some how.

I doubt it will be R this time around though

They really don't need to explain vampires with cosmic meddling. The MCU has had supernatural stuff already and Dracula didn't just pop up because cosmic energy is floating around a lot. Dracula's been around forever.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cosmic Dracula sounds more interesting than the broody "I hate religion yo and now I am damned" Dracula we usually get

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I really don't get all this where have the vampires been in the MCU talk. In almost all vampire fiction they are always a hidden society. So they've always been there but ya know..... HIDDEN.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cosmic Dracula sounds more interesting than the broody "I hate religion yo and now I am damned" Dracula we usually get

I don't understand. You want Dracula to be an alien or something? What good is that? Vampires are vampires because they're humans who got transformed.

They'll rewrite his story so it's not "FUCK YOU, GOD" but I don't see what benefit there is in making him a cosmic being. He's fucking Dracula, y'know?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
They really don't need to explain vampires with cosmic meddling. The MCU has had supernatural stuff already and Dracula didn't just pop up because cosmic energy is floating around a lot. Dracula's been around forever.

Yeah, but considering you got issues of intergalactic invasions and god beings wiping out universes, etc.

That said, typing this out my initial question was probably a dumb one because its not like Spidey doesn't have his hands full with his rogue gallery, while helping against said god beings, lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but considering you got issues of intergalactic invasions and god beings wiping out universes, etc.

That said, typing this out my initial question was probably a dumb one because its not like Spidey doesn't have his hands full with his rogue gallery, while helping against said god beings, lol

Yeah, exactly. Mid-level heroes like Blade and Spidey are perfectly capable of having stories about local threats still have weight, then escalating to big leagues when needed, as we've seen Spidey do so many times in the past.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Well that's just it. Blade (and Shang-Chi) are here to expand on the mystical and supernatural side of the universe. You know, without Strange's dimension hopping shenanigans.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
I know we're having a hard time letting go of Wesley Snipes as Blade, but Mahershala Ali is only the third actor to play Blade (in live action at least). I can't blame you for forgetting about the Blade tv show.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I thought Blade was its own universe sorts thing that just happened to be written by Marvel.

I heard the earlier blade movies were good, need to see them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Blade was its own universe sorts thing that just happened to be written by Marvel.

I heard the earlier blade movies were good, need to see them.

Nope! Blade runs into Spidey and other heroes all the time. He just usually prefers to work alone and not get involved in Avengers-type threats because his focus is so trained on the supernatural.

And Blade 1 is a pretty damn good 90s superhero movie. I don't like either of the sequels (Blade 2 is INCREDIBLY gross and Blade 3 is a fucking mess and a half) but the first movie is really fun.

Oct 31, 2017
I think Ed Norton was probably their first lesson there - dude was slipping script rewrites under the other actors doors.

Which is funny, because the original Iron Man was like 90% improv. Like, who's to say RDJ's Stark would be anywhere as successful if they hadn't given him a long leash on that first project?

This also should be telling Ryan Reynolds that he has to play ball. They will recast Deadpool in a heartbeat if they think he'll be an issue. IIRC Reynolds pretty much drove Miller out of Deadpool 2.

Iron man and RDJ are different because without thoses 2 there's no MCU.