• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Disney and Marvel Studios have released the official synopsis for the Eternals.

Marvel Studios' "The Eternals" features an exciting new team of Super Heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secret for thousands of years. Following the events of "Avengers: Endgame", an unexpected tragedy forces them out of the shadows to reunite against mankind's most ancient enemy, The Deviants.

The outstanding ensemble cast includes Richard Madden as the all-powerful Ikaris, Gemma Chan as humankind-loving Sersi, Kumail Nanjiani as cosmic-powered Kingo, Lauren Ridloff as the super-fast Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as the intelligent inventor Phastos, Salma Hayek as the wise and spiritual leader Ajak, Lia McHugh as the eternally young, old-soul Sprite, Don Lee as the powerful Gilgamesh, Barry Keoghan as aloof loner Druig, and Angelina Jolie as the fierce warrior Then. Kit Harington was cast as Dane Whitman. Directed by Chloé Zhao, who helmed the critically acclaimed Sundance film"The Rider," and produced by Kevin Feige, "The Eternals" opens in U.S. theaters on November 6, 2020.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Watch how people who complained about Wakanda won't complain about the Eternals.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, Lauren Ridloff is in this? That's awesome! She's great in The Walking Dead, it's cool that she's in this as well.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
ACADEMY AWARD® winner Angelina Jolie coming to save this film from the falling in line with the usual Mahvel mediocrity. Bless <3

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
The outstanding ensemble cast includes Richard Madden as the all-powerful Ikaris, Gemma Chan as humankind-loving Sersi, Kumail Nanjiani as cosmic-powered Kingo, Lauren Ridloff as the super-fast Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as the intelligent inventor Phastos, Salma Hayek as the wise and spiritual leader Ajak, Lia McHugh as the eternally young, old-soul Sprite, Don Lee as the powerful Gilgamesh, Barry Keoghan as aloof loner Druig, and Angelina Jolie as the fierce warrior Then. Kit Harington was cast as Dane Whitman.

I love how they all get grand descriptions, and then "Kit Harrington is just sorta there" at the end.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Watch how people who complained about Wakanda won't complain about the Eternals.

I never understood the Wakanda criticism. I consider Black Panther a particularly mediocre MCU movie, but I wouldn't complain about Wakanda, the movie's OST and original/featured songs, or about the villains when that's usually in my opinion one of the MCU's weak spots, and this movie had two formidable ones, Jordan and Serkis.

FX were weak.

OP
OP
King Kingo

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Hope they mention Apocalypse in this

They're still shooting the movie, inclusions from any Marvel characters previously owned by 20th Century Fox are completely possible now.

I love how they all get grand descriptions, and then "Kit Harrington is just sorta there" at the end.

He's probably going to be inspired by the Archaeologist Margo Damian from the comics for this movie.

Maybe his mantle as Black Knight is the movie's surprise.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Oh it takes place within the same continuity? I thought it was going to be a stand alone thing.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Deviants where Ransak The Reject is considered a horrible twitched mockery of their race
Ransak-the-Reject-Karkas.jpg

DgQk3MDWAAEldYD.jpg

and Brother Tode is considered a unit
Deviants.png

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't these Eternals come out to help the avengers fight thanos
They tend not to fuck with humans beings and focus on their own personal goals(Orgies, being the fastest being alive, hunting space dragons, moping). Turns out being immortal causes you to get in your own head and feelings often and lasting decades

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I bet you that we also won't get as many people asking where they were as compared to Captain Marvel.

I believe the film will come up with a good reason, if the right Eternals comic material is used.
You mean Mentor the worst dad ever? Two sons, one a genocidal tyrant, the other the living embodiment of "The Implication"

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They were Thanos' drinking buddies, but they didn't approve his methods. Still, he's no deviant.

But I thought thanos was half deviant?

Anyway I guess living forever does make you bored..also does Thanos snap exempt the Eternals ? Did some of them get snapped ? Is that what caused them to finally come out? If so they should have been there on the front lines to deal with the Thanos threat since they can detect Deviants

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
It would be cool if they're so self-absorbed that they don't see the Snap coming, and then afterwards when the Avengers save their ass, it serves as a wake-up call to them.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Lol. There better be a damn good reason they stayed put when Thanos was *this* close to annihilating the planet then.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Lol. There better be a damn good reason they stayed put when Thanos was *this* close to annihilating the planet then.

I imagine it will be the same reason that was used in Neil Gaiman's Eternals run.

That they had been physically assaulted and none of them knew they weren't regular humans at the time

It's a quick, easy and elegant explanation.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
The best was when the Olympian gods rolled up on the Eternals because they got tired of the Eternals getting confused for them.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Maybe eternals are exempt from the snap. Or maybe they didn't pay close enough attention that he had all the Infinity stones, it did happen quickly. Thanos was literally on earth what, 5 minutes? Not long enough to do anything about him.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
But I thought thanos was half deviant?

Anyway I guess living forever does make you bored..also does Thanos snap exempt the Eternals ? Did some of them get snapped ? Is that what caused them to finally come out? If so they should have been there on the front lines to deal with the Thanos threat since they can detect Deviants

Well, he's Eternal with Deviant ancestry at least in the comics. I really doubt they'll touch that in the MCU though.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Are they keeping a lid on the Defiant's actors, I haven't heard a whisper who's playing them. I thought they were fighting the Celestials.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Was Eternals green-lighted before they knew they were getting the X-Men back?

Feels like this is the way to do X-Men-style team without mutants.