Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
would that be a young Leung underwater with the Dragon?

Nevermind, went back and looked, and that looks like Simu

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
"Whether you like it or not" wut? If Tony Leung was my father I wouldn't care how evil he is or what he has done. How can you not be proud that you are the son of TONY LEUNG???????? Lol.

So hyped.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I had always thought the Rings were rings on Fingers, instead of Rings as in Braclets. Is that a change, or did some childhood cartoon mislead me.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see it. I need too see if Marvel can do a high budget martial arts film

But how would they use it if the comic only just came out this year?
Hypertime!

The tracksuit would've been dope too though.

shang-chi1.jpg

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Knowing nothing about this comic, why would Abomination be in the underground fighting scene or is it a tournament that is a plot point of the movie? Seems weird that he went from fighting hulk one on one to fighting in a cage match against Wong.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
If Shang Chi does get a big buff from the Ten Rings by the end of the movie, it will sure set him apart from just a Kung Fu man and in the same tier as Black Widow and Hawkeye in terms of power/capability.
Huh if he does get the Ten Rings then he'll be above Widow and Hawkeye tier. He'd maybe be like mid, right below the likes of Thor, Wanda, Marvel and Hulk. Shang-Chi just using his martial arts with chi would own Widow and Hawkeye. Hell, he'd probably own Steve and Bucky as well.

Never got the needs to be more powerful discussion.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
If Shang Chi does get a big buff from the Ten Rings by the end of the movie, it will sure set him apart from just a Kung Fu man and in the same tier as Black Widow and Hawkeye in terms of power/capability.

Eh, to me Hawkeye pretty much has a super power. The dude never misses ever unless he intended to? That's a super power to me. But yeah without powers he's basically a slightly better fighter than Black Widow and Ayo.

The rings are pretty cool but I feel conflicted about him having it. Part of me still just wants him to have developed some kind of super strength and stuff on his own through training. But I'm also cool if they want a different take on Shang Chi by having him utilize the rings.

I feel like he will reject the rings and destroy them in the end though.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I like this a bit better than the first trailer.

So they're changing the Rings to be more like wristbands? I did prefer the original Mandarin rings with different properties but I guess we're not doing that here

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
They most likely charged the look and powers of the rings so it didn't seem derivative of the Infinity Stones.

Man I hope that's Fin Fang Foom.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. I hope the rings can do cooler stuff than, like, vague power punches and energy blasts.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Unless he is on a quest to stop his father, why does Shang Chi even care? Dude seems like an awful person. Drop him from your life and move on and let the Avengers handle it or something.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, to me Hawkeye pretty much has a super power. The dude never misses ever unless he intended to? That's a super power to me. But yeah without powers he's basically a slightly better fighter than Black Widow and Ayo.

The rings are pretty cool but I feel conflicted about him having it. Part of me still just wants him to have developed some kind of super strength and stuff on his own through training. But I'm also cool if they want a different take on Shang Chi by having him utilize the rings.

I feel like he will reject them and destroy them in the end though.
Just give him some chi/ki stuff for power ups.
98ba1ff5567f365f1abf62910a620e3d.gif

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
The rings might be one of the sorcerer items from Dr Strange in the MCU so Wong is there to retrieve them? Then Wong trust Shang Chi in the end with them. Either way Dr Strange seems to be involved in everything now even if he doesn't show up in them

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So Fin Fang Foom, Wong and Abomination are in this?

Was there anyone else we missed? Who else wants to cameo?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This was also what I remembered, they had different powers. Maybe a slight depowering in the MCU, as weren't some of them reality bending?

Correct. They were designed in the comics to be the perfect counterpoint to Tony Stark's hyper-focus on technology by being super magical.

Ironically they ended up being alien technology via retcons anyway, but the idea was tech vs. magic. And they're ABSURDLY powerful. They've toned them down a lot because Shang-Chi would be pretty fucked against a full-powered Mandarin.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Abomination
Xialing (presumably the MCU version of Zheng Bao Yu)
The Mandarin
Death Dealer
Razor Fist

That's a lot of villains jam packed into a solo hero's first outing.

Razor Fist and Death Dealer are obviously the throwaway henchmen that won't make it to the end,
Abomination is the special appearance villain that will cause ruckus early on for a plot point, but then be quickly dispatched to reappear in She-Hulk later.
Xialing is a throwaway plot point as well, unless they decide to have her switch sides
Mandarin obviously the big bad, he'll most likely make it through to the end of the movie in prison.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is losing their shit over Abomination when we had motherfucking Fin Fang Foom on screen.

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Unless he is on a quest to stop his father, why does Shang Chi even care? Dude seems like an awful person. Drop him from your life and move on and let the Avengers handle it or something.
Shang-Chi caused that runaway bus accident on purpose to contact the Avengers since he doesn't have their phone number

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
All i keep seeing is Zhou Yu left Wu to become the master of 10 rings lol. Warriors Orochi here we come..........

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, do Abomination slowly evolve with time ?
It would be hilarious if they attempted the Professor Hulk process and he ended up like this.

This was also what I remembered, they had different powers. Maybe a slight depowering in the MCU, as weren't some of them reality bending?
Honestly bracelets feel more visually interesting.

The normal rings would sort of feel like a retread of the Infinity Gauntlet. It would honestly a cool setup/callback if the rings were similar to the Infinity Stones and Tony had to deal with them before the Infinity movies.

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Also nothing about it being a D+ Premier Access.
Guess they want to still keep it close to their chest until we draw closer to September?