• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Oh, man that's too much for me. I'll read a wiki on her origin and that Inferno event. And I see that Zeb Wells collection is on sale on Comixology now, so I'm gonna buy it today and just read that as a way to appease my appetite before Hickman's run.

Btw, reading the wiki on Danielle Moonstar and she seems super awesome. I love her head bandanna, bow and that she can telepathically create illusions of her opponents fears and wishes.

I've never been this hyped for X-Men, and I hope it won't be a big mouthful going from 90s X-Men to Hickman. I'm currently reading X-Men: Grand Design 1, and it's limited of what I can read until the end of the month. I forgot to buy Grand Design 2 on sale but its standard price is cheap enough.

Wikis should be more than enough to dive into Zeb Wells run. Enjoy it, it's one of my favorites.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think what I'm gonna do is read through Grand Design 1 and 2 first. Then read New Mutants: Demon Bear (since I just saw that I own it already), and then I'll dip into Zeb Wells.

[edit] Just bought them. And oh shit, just noticed X-Men: Marauders is on sale too! I've been waiting some time for that one to hit the sales. I guess I can read Marauders while I read Hickman if I want to have more X-Men stuff to read at that time. No way can I get to it before Hickman's run starts though. Right now I just wanna focus in on Grand Design 1 and 2.

I accidentally deleted this from one of my earlier posts, abload acted up. But I think this is new:

magiknwjt7.jpg

We don't know her name right? She's a new character?

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
OK some new/old art - and questions!

Is this Reed?

Mags lookin TOUGH

Maybe someone can help me - is this Elixir?

We don't know her name right? She's a new character?

Correct. She shares visual cues with the Rasputins and Dani Moonstar, and appears to be a main character in Powers of X but we know nothing else.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
IMG_8602.jpeg

That's Maker, right? Makes sense to bring in Reed then.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That new series is good way to start X Men right? I haven't read it in years.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I really disliked this AoX storyline but I don't fault the writers: the writing was fine. The world, the concept, was bland. I didn't need Brave New World in my X-men, especially since the actual mutant parts of the story are minimized and could have been a story told by nearly every other team in comics.

Maybe if they should have had Warren Ellis build the world, who gave us shamanistic Nate Grey in the first place and could have told a false utopian Age of Aquarius that would have been incredible.

When does this start again? Checking so I can count down to collecting it in 10 years when he's done, lol.

This week is Age of X-man Omega and then the week after is Hickman.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to see that Mystique/Destiny pair up there, these are exactly the kind of characters I could see Hickman doing wonders with.

I was three issues behind on the current Uncanny run and was genuinely surprised the latest issue wasn't the last. I haven't checked but I assume the last one is this Wednesday, although at this point, who the fuck cares lol.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
07/24 is issue one. At the very least, I think reading the weekly 12 issue story along with us will be a lot of fun.

If this is like FF/Avengers it should wrap up in about 3 or 4 years.
That's assuming Hickman can deliver a weekly schedule without delays cough cough cough cough cough. Sorry, still waiting for East of West to end and my confidence in his timeliness is not very high! :)

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make an fresh OT for the Hickman run. Any suggestions for thread title?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for doing that Dalek! Please share the link in here when it's up and running. Much appreciated.