• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
damn, i just realized i have a bunch of Zeb Wells New Mutants and Peter David's X-Factor to finish before this drops

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
While I have enjoyed quite a few x-men runs over the years, as recently as Red this is awesome and has the potential to be the best thing since Claremont. I was already excited for his first two books but with the entire line relaunched and set around his new main book it could be the premier brand in cape comics.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Scott/Emma superfans now sound just like Scott/Jean Superfans while Scott and Emma were together.

I'll take fan over super fan. They were a great couple and I'd like to see them get back together. Hickman seems to really like Emma so she should get some of the limelight at least.

:/ that..sounds excessive

I was just kidding. This is more like a new season than a proper reboot. Current X-men is kind of bad so it's welcomed.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've still got a Marvel Unlimited free trial so maybe I will.

Start with Fantastic Four and make your way to Secret Wars. (You don't have to read Secret Warriors or SHIELD, but they are good.The Ultimate Universe stuff is optional too. All you really need to know is that it exists and there is an evil Reed Richards over there)
X9zUA8X.png

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Start with Fantastic Four and make your way to Secret Wars. (You don't have to read Secret Warriors or SHIELD, but they are good.The Ultimate Universe stuff is optional too. All you really need to know is that it exists and there is an evil Reed Richards over there)
X9zUA8X.png
Marvel unlimited should have all of this right? I have most of these but still missing several issues

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Grand Design & Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men have been the few X-Books I've picked up in a long long time and I really do want to get back into the mutants. I'd heard good things about X-Men Red so I might pick up that too around the same time I'll pick up these Hickman issues.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
so is this like an MCU style reboot? American comic books are on record a diminished industry because of so many reboots and disconnected stories. If they can somehow fix that and just make it one continuous story like manga and the DCAU/MCU style of writing, that would probably bring up a huge amount of interest
Nah, just a new person at the helm. Knowing Hickman this will likely draw on a large part of the wider X-Men history, so if continuity is your game then it will probably have more than enough.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Basically why they keep rebooting, cuz they didn't. The X-Books have been a mess for years/decades now, and the lack of original ideas and vision contribute to that - both of which hopefully Hickman can bring.
It's not that they reboot to eventually get it right. It's just that every writer that's been in charge of X-Men wants to leave their own stamp on the franchise. Hickman can do amazing things for the X-Men, as long as he's in charge of it. Once he leaves someone else will mess with what he's done, for better or worse.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just hearing that Hickman will for sure be on the flagship book after these minis is the greatest thing I could have asked for.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so is this like an MCU style reboot? American comic books are on record a diminished industry because of so many reboots and disconnected stories. If they can somehow fix that and just make it one continuous story like manga and the DCAU/MCU style of writing, that would probably bring up a huge amount of interest
gross

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give Magik her own ongoing.

And put Maggott in a book like you teased in X-Men Blue. He deserves to come back.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking God

The X books needed some fucking direction and life injected into them

I mean like the Laura, rouge and gambit, Red and Xforce so it's not bad but uncanny and the line has been dull for a while it's clear they have no idea what to do with the xmen

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
X-Comics are being rebooted again?

There has to be a "good heavens look at the time" meme about this

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel just loves the reboot button, it's getting really old real fast.
Eh, it's more like relaunches really. And there are more than a few books in Marvel's current line that are well regarded precisely because they were relaunched under a newer, more appealing vision.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
After everything he's done with Avengers & Secret Wars, I'll read anything that Hickman does.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
Man. Motherfuckers driving by with kneejerk LOL RELAUNCHES posts are driving me up a fucking wall. This isn't the standard "X-Men Relaunch #53," this is god damned Jonathan Hickman.