• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yup, I'm definitely getting the physical copy for this. Then again, I almost always go physical.

I need an SD card.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
That seems small to me, but I haven't really paid attention to file sizes for anything on Switch.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well that's about what I expected. I still have around 90gb free on my SD card so I will probably go digital with this. I am definitely getting Fire Emblem and I may pair this up with it on my game vouchers. I think I will probably wait for reviews though...

banter

Jan 12, 2018
If I can use a voucher on it, I'll eshop it, otherwise going physical for space constraints.

EDIT: Just saw at the top that it says you can use a voucher for it!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Yeah, I'm definitely going physical with this one.

I mean, is not like I needed more reasons since I prefer to have physical copies of RPGs and the box art of this particular game is fantastic but this pushes me further.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
That seems small to me, but I haven't really paid attention to file sizes for anything on Switch.
Its enough to fit on a 16 GB cart, in general publishers (including Nintendo) are afraid to go beyond 15 GB unless they can sell you a download along with the cart, i doubt a Switch exclusive will ever go beyond 15 GB

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Does not look like the game that requires that much ...
Dude Roster is already at 30 confirmed characters and could easily reach or surpass 40 each with at least one if not multiple unique visual costumes and full voice acting alongside unique particle effects for attacks. Also the iso 8 upgrades can change physical effect appearances with elemental attributes. Going by series tradition there will be over 20 chapters each with a new location, multiple grunt enemy types(some recurring but many unique) alongside unique boss and miniboss fights. Also cutscenes and who knows what else they'll throw in

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Its enough to fit on a 16 GB cart, in general publishers (including Nintendo) are afraid to go beyond 15 GB unless they can sell you a download along with the cart, i doubt a Switch exclusive will ever go beyond 15 GB
The technical maximum of space on a 16Gb cart is 14.8Gb, plus assumably there's always a buffer so you'll probably won't ever see game sizes on those carts exceed 13.x Gb.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
9th nintendo-published game that uses a 16 GB cart, the others so far:

- breath of the wild
- xenoblade chronicles 2
- bayonetta (physical only in japan)
- bayonetta 2
- hyrule warriors
- fire emblem warriors
- go vacation
- smash ultimate

Does not look like the game that requires that much ...
game looks like it's packed with content, what are you talking about?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Cmon, finish the bit after the ellipsis. Let it out! Let us know how it looks like a Panasonic3DO game.

???
Are you ok? Because not only I think the game looks awesome (even if I still not sure if local coop is available) but I have zero problems with games looking retro.

I was thinking more about how it is 4x the size of the other ones

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
???
Are you ok? Because not only I think the game looks awesome (even if I still not sure if local coop is available) but I have zero problems with games looking retro.

Go to the other thread and experience people saying it's an iPad game and the like lol

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Go to the other thread and experience people saying it's an iPad game and the like lol

I have seen it happen with prettier games so I believe in you.

For me, if I can call some friends over and play 4 player diablo/beat em up with Kamala, Daredevil, Spider Gwen and Black panther I am happy even if they use the exact same engine and models from the first 2 games xD

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How similar is this to diablo? Does it have loot? Does it encourage you do multiple playthroughs after you finish the story to get more loot?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They finally confirmed EFIGS localization via EU eShop, I was scared since the past 2 games were English only.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
???

Online, local wireless and same screen screen are all options

Last edited:
OP
OP
PadWarrior

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
9th nintendo-published game that uses a 16 GB cart, the others so far:

- breath of the wild
- xenoblade chronicles 2
- bayonetta (physical only in japan)
- bayonetta 2
- hyrule warriors
- fire emblem warriors
- go vacation
- smash ultimate

game looks like it's packed with content, what are you talking about?
Hoping for lots of costumes. Mcu comic alts etc..

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Not confident enough in this one to go digital. I'll pick it up day one, but I need an out if it turns out to be a dud.