Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 announced exclusively for Nintendo Switch (Team Ninja developed, Nintendo published)

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I mean, fam. Yeah, Nintendo publishing it, but it’s not entirely 1st party.
They are publishing and likely funding. It’s probably not all that different from the Sony/Spider-Man situation only in this case they reviving an existing game IP. It’s first party. And it’s a cool sign that Nintendo is willing to expect first party resources in this way.

Oct 30, 2017
I played the first 2 to death. This is great news. I was wondering if they were ever going back to Alliance series. Always seemed like a no-brainer to keep making them.

Oct 25, 2017
What is this , a diablo like game?

Fifth title in a series of squad based dungeon crawlers (first two tittles were X-Men games under the X-Men Legends title) where you take teams of four Marvel heroes on missions. Sort of like Irrational's Freedom Force series, but with direct controls.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the exclusivity happened, cant imagine Nintendo paying Marvel for it to be developed and contactinc Tecmo and all that, maybe Marvel thought this was going ot be better portable because of the graphics?

Jul 16, 2018
Marvel? Im out...
Team NINJA? Im back in!
Lol. For real though, I am excited for this. I hope for even more nintendo and KT/TN stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
The first 2 games are pieces of shit in a lot of ways but I'm still very excited about this

the 2nd game was a step down from the 1st, but the 1st has about 40% of the game being downright awful to play

Huh I have them on xbox one as digital versions playable on the One?
they've were available on current gen for a short window and were delisted again

Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Looking at the trailer again, I think it looks good, if not great in some parts. I dunno if its because I primarily game with Nintendo consoles, but.graphics aren't everything, and if the gameplay is solid enough while offering a large roster instead of mostly MCU/X-Men content, that is more than enough. I'm not even gonna bother wanting more, we live in the timeline where UA3 is actually happening, what else could I want?

Oct 27, 2017
I really loved the first. This is unexpected and exciting news. I hope the leveling will be more like the first game - or better.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The game looks perfectly fine, lol @ the people saying it looks like a mobile game. You couldn't make it more obvious.

Oct 25, 2017
watched the trailer again, yea, the "mobile game" is a bunch of bullshit. and it's 60fps. since it's gonna be top-down like the previous games, the game looks fine

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, I'm surprised Nintendo managed to nab an exclusive Avengers game for the Switch. Looks alright, I thought it was going to be a Marvel Infinite port at first judging from the art style

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
X-men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were my childhood.
But strangely, I don't see either in this.
It doesn't seem to play the same way at all, it doesn't even have the same artstyle.
I've waited years for this and I'm really let down.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too familiar with the series but are the roster sizes usually pretty substantial?

I mean from that trailer I'm expecting a shit ton of characters lol....

Oct 30, 2017
Reminded me of omega force games, Thougth it was a musou for a second here. But man, this is not the team ninja game that i wanted to come for switch.

Well, but a new game, and exclusive, is still a new game.

Nov 27, 2017
Looking at the trailer again, I think it looks good, if not great in some parts. I dunno if its because I primarily game with Nintendo consoles, but.graphics aren't everything, and if the gameplay is solid enough while offering a large roster instead of mostly MCU/X-Men content, that is more than enough. I'm not even gonna bother wanting more, we live in the timeline where UA3 is actually happening, what else could I want?
I mean we have Lockjaw, Crystal and Green Goblin confirmed so far oh and supergiant wasn’t in the movies

Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm not too familiar with the series but are the roster sizes usually pretty substantial?

About 40 characters more or less, including system exclusive ones as well. Really only missing Luke Cage, Storm, Vision, and stuff like Venom from the trailer and the original roster is almost complete.

Oct 27, 2017

The original had something like 20 characters plus tons of locales. Basically a tour of the Marvel Universe.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Given that it’s been over three years since KT first mentioned their “prominent overseas IP” project, I wouldn’t be surprised if this has been rebooted at least once since then. Might have something to do with the project becoming a Switch exclusive and KT getting the rights to the MUA name, but of course I’m just speculating here.

Dec 1, 2017
X-men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were my childhood.
But strangely, I don't see either in this.
It doesn't seem to play the same way at all, it doesn't even have the same artstyle.
I've waited years for this and I'm really let down.
honestly gameplay looked the same to me. I still really wish we could get a good dc equivalent to this series, as im a much bigger dc fan and justice league heroes didnt cut it.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
It looked rough but it makes me happier to be a switch owner. I’d actually buy this if it ends up reviewing well. I love a good action rpg.

Oct 25, 2017
I have no interest in this game (not a fan of Diablo-like games and not a fan of Marvel) but it's a wild announcement. I really didn't think Team Ninja would be working on this.

Jan 25, 2018
I never played one, but I'm interested.
This is basically Diablo Marvel right?

Also wtf @ that exclusivity.
Cool though!

Oct 27, 2017
Ok after seeing it again (several times actually). I'm in. I was surprised at first by the lacking visuals, but that was also a issue in the other 2 MUA games. Another reason as well to dust off the Switch when it eventually releases.