Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 announced exclusively for Nintendo Switch (Team Ninja developed, Nintendo published)

Nov 27, 2017
About 40 characters more or less, including system exclusive ones as well. Really only missing Luke Cage, Storm, Vision, and stuff like Venom from the trailer and the original roster is almost complete.
Don’t forget Moon Knight, Ronin, Thing and Blade. Also being able to discover unique comic team ups was so much fun, we better have the alternate fantastic four with Wolverine Hulk(joe fixit costume), Ghost Rider and War Machine!

Although I’m willing to sacrifice a few characters if it means more unique move sets. Also better have playable unlockable villains

Eolz

Oct 25, 2017
UK/FR
I don't get why there's people as mad as when Bayonetta 2 happened here.
Given that it’s been over three years since KT first mentioned their “prominent overseas IP” project, I wouldn’t be surprised if this has been rebooted at least once since then. Might have something to do with the project becoming a Switch exclusive and KT getting the rights to the MUA name, but of course I’m just speculating here.
That sounds like what could have happened tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't think this is a Bayonetta situation, more like Lego City. Marvel appears to be the sole copyright holder so once the exclusivity agreement ends, they'll probably find another publisher to take things multiplat.
This makes no sense. Nintendo is the solely publisher which paid for license to publish the game. There's no other publisher to do that and makes no sense. Also, of course marvel owns, it's their license. This is a spider man situation like sony.

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda makes you wonder what MS will pick out of the roster. With all those studios, surely Marvel is willing to give them something too XD

Oct 27, 2017
X-men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were my childhood.
But strangely, I don't see either in this.
It doesn't seem to play the same way at all, it doesn't even have the same artstyle.
I've waited years for this and I'm really let down.
How could you say that? Looks like a very early footage, it doesn't have any HUD at all. But the gameplay looks exactly same. That Wolverine vs sentinel fight reminded me of Ymir fight in the first game. This is definitely the same gameplay.

For artstyle, yes this is the new Marvel/Disney artstyle and it's pretty different what we used to have. But I'm not complaining, I can have same fun with Hemsworth looking Thor and leather capped Cap.

Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Very surprised at the developer. Since MUA2 was developed by Vicarious Visions (who's done most of their work with Nintendo) and the license was presumably still with Activision, I thought for sure they were the ones working on it.

Consider me surprised and fairly shocked. This is definitely a huge pickup for Nintendo.

Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
The complete lack of Activision being involved is curious, is Marvel acquiring the rights to game franchises starring their characters?
More importantly, does this mean they can re-release the first two games without Activision?

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the trailer, yeah that looks bad. Looks like a low budget game, like the one they have on mobile. Are the RPG elements and loots still in?

Oct 27, 2017
Best announcement of the night. Ok it didn't have much competition, but still, a hell of an awesome announcement! Unexpected!

Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Why it should be when it's clearly a license purchased by nintendo with them publishing it much like sony with spider man? jesus

Because the other games in the series were multiplat and I don't yet own a Switch. Calm down with your overreaction.

Did you mind Spider-Man being an exclusive? This isn't a gotcha question either.

I didn't take it as such, but no, and not just because I own a PS4 and the game (I loved it btw) but because Sony has had a long time deal with Marvel and Spider-Man. It was less an issue to me.

Hope you posted the same thing in the Spider-Man announcement thread.
I did not for the reason above.

Oct 29, 2017
I have no interest in this game (not a fan of Diablo-like games and not a fan of Marvel) but it's a wild announcement. I really didn't think Team Ninja would be working on this.
The Marvel dislike aside, this is probably more of a Gauntlet/Beat'm'up over an action-looter.

Dec 6, 2018
Some people I know are going to love this news. This IS perfect for switch with how it's co op oriented. All you gotta do is take the switch with 2/4 joy cons (and straps) and anyone can have a good time.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just happy the game exists, but I was also happy that MvC Infinite existed after a hiatus from the previous entry so I'm going to be a little cautious haha

Oct 25, 2017
This was a huge announcement. If the game is even halfway decent, it’ll be a big hit. Really cool to see a partnership like this from Nintendo.

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen the older games lately?

Even so, I value gameplay more than visuals.
I do, too. Doesn't make it any less true. Gameplay is MORE important, but visuals are undoubtedly important as well.

I haven't seen the older games lately, no, but that's because they're old. I don't expect them to look remotely good. Ultimate Alliance 3 is a 2019 game.

Oct 26, 2017
I am sorry but it looks like something straight out of AppStore

Marvel Ultimate Alliance used to be literally my favorite game ever back in the day but this one looks like an iPad ripoff or something

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get all the "this looks like a mobile game" comments. It's not like the first 2 were graphic powerhouses.
And if the gameplay is similar to the first two, it's played from a high-overhead perspective and meant to have a stylized look.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Because the other games in the series were multiplat and I don't yet own a Switch. Calm down with your overreaction.

I didn't take it as such, but no, and not just because I own a PS4 and the game (I loved it btw) but because Sony has had a long time deal with Marvel and Spider-Man. It was less an issue to me.

I did not for the reason above.
It's not a overreaction, your post was the one with it. And the other games were multi because they were activision.

and lol at that reason for not being upset with spider man just because a complete different division of sony has the movie roihts. terrible excuse. just admit you're pissed because it's not on ps4 which is better than to come with something like that. lol

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I am sorry but it looks like something straight out of AppStore

Marvel Ultimate Alliance used to be literally my favorite game ever back in the day but this one looks like an iPad ripoff or something
to be brutally honest, my first thought when the footage appeared was that it was some sort of enhanced version of Future Fight or another of Marvel’s mobile games

it looks better upon rewatching the trailer a couple times, at least, but it still seems kinda rough

Seik

Oct 25, 2017
Québec City
Some people here didn't live MUA1 era were ingames characters were like PS2 character models with better shadows and lighting.

This game is a massive upgrade and I cannot be more glad that it's coming back. I honestly though this series was dead and buried.

And of course here we have some port begging, yet if it was multiplat, people would whine that Switch is shit because there's no third parties supporting it exclusively. I swear to god...can we fucking not?! :lol

Last edited: