• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team Ninja is a third party and Nintendo is not making the game. I don't get why that is a tough pill to swallow.

again, completely irrelevant to whether or not a game is first or third party. Epic Games is a third party and developed Gears of War 1-3 on Xbox 360. They even owned the IP. All three titles were first party releases.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is true and it's actually happened in the past with games like Samurai Warriors 3 on Wii and NG3: Razor's Edge on Wii U....but the fact Nintendo explicitly called out its exclusivity in the trailer makes it unlikely, at least anytime soon (as in, this console cycle)

There's enough plausible deniability in the fact they said "exclusively on Switch in 2019" to mean it will release on other systems after that.*shrugs*
Team Ninja is a third party and Nintendo is not making the game. I don't get why that is a tough pill to swallow.

The exact same logic applies to Insomniac, Sony and Spider-Man though.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Just read the whole thread. Standard Nintendo announces an exclusive people want on their other consoles. Why does this happen every time?

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
From the YouTube page:

In this new storyline, heroes and villains unite in a race across the Marvel Universe to find the Infinity Stones before Thanos and The Black Order use them to unleash cosmic chaos. From Avengers Tower to the X-Mansion and beyond, every stop on the dangerous quest to thwart Thanos results in unexpected collisions of fan-favorite characters and iconic locations.

Get closer to the action by shifting the view to an over-the-shoulder "Heroic Camera" perspective—a series first that offers a more immersive way to play single-player or multiplayer on up to four systems. Play online*, offline via local wireless, or simply pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend, so they can join your team. With another pair of Joy-Con™ controllers (sold separately), four players can team up on one system! The drop-in/drop-out co-op possibilities let players create their own "Ultimate Alliance" at will.
Online co-op definitely makes this a more interesting proposition.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's enough plausible deniability in the fact they said "exclusively on Switch in 2019" to mean it will release on other systems after that.*shrugs*

sure....it's not impossible. It's pretty unlike Nintendo to publish a game first and have it come to another platform shortly after though. It has happened, but it's pretty rare. That being said, something like timed exclusivity with a game like this is far more likely than with something like Bayonetta 3.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im not exactly the hardest to impress guy but I thought graphically this looks fine, it didnt blow me away or anything but I wouldnt go negative with it

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's an action heavy game, so i think they prioritized performance over quality and i'm fine with that, the artstyle is good.

Considering this is Team Ninja they could give the option to choose between 720/60 or 1080/30 as they did with Nioh and Fire Emblem Warriors.
normally this would be a valid point. but Future Fight runs at 60 fps too on its max settings

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In regards to the graphics: This style looks like it will be very readable on the Switch screen even when things get a bit hectic. It's probably a good thing.
sure....it's not impossible. It's pretty unlike Nintendo to publish a game first and have it come to another platform shortly after though. It has happened, but it's pretty rare.

Yup, wouldn't surprise me either way. This still strikes as an uncharacteristically savvy publishing choice for Nintendo though.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's different situation, Metroid is Nintendo IP and Team Ninja probably had some Nintendo guidance during development, while this is 3rd party IP and Nintendo probably dont have and development involvement.

There are dozens of other examples I can give you if you'd like. I specifically chose that one due to both games utilizing the same development team.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Looks almost like a Dynasty Warriors game, in a good way. I was afraid it would have that top down perspective again. This looks awesome, finally a proper Marvel game that isn't Lego. Unless it turns out very bad, I'm definitely getting this.
I'm guessing they're borrowing Omega Force's older musou engine for this. Maybe the Fire Emblem version.

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
Nobody should complain about this being exclusive when PS4 got Spider Man exclusive

This is day one Nintendo went and got the whole team

That's what I was just thinking. Sony has spiderman and now Nintendo got a marvel game. What will xbox get? If Activision still had the rights to this it would never appear on the Switch.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Yes, there are games which are developed by a first and third party.

There are no indicators that Nintendo is involved in developing this game.

If you read the press release it seems Nintendo made this happen.

I don't know where the salt is coming from:

1) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 underperformed, it's possible Activision let it go. So it's good to see this otherwise dead franchise continue.

2) Nintendo needed a Marvel game.

If they don't screw it up, this is a day one purchase for me.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
If I had to predict the roster, I'd say...
  • Avengers
    • Iron Man (confirmed)
    • Captain America (confirmed)
    • Hulk (confirmed)
    • Black Widow (confirmed)
    • Scarlet Witch (confirmed)
    • Falcon (confirmed)
    • Nick Fury (confirmed)
    • Ultron (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Hawkeye
    • Captain Marvel
    • Ms. Marvel
    • She-Hulk
    • Ant-Man
    • Wasp
    • Black Panther
      • Black Panther
      • Shuri
      • Okoye
      • M'Baku
      • Killmonger
      • Klaw
    • Thor
      • Thor (confirmed)
      • Loki
      • Hela
      • Valkyrie
      • Enchantress
      • Skurge
      • Korg
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Star-Lord (confirmed)
    • Rocket Raccoon (confirmed)
    • Groot (confirmed)
    • Gamora (confirmed)
    • Drax (confirmed)
    • Nebula (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Ronan (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Mantis
    • Adam Warlock
    • Yondu
    • Nova
      • Richard Rider
      • Sam Alexander
  • Black Order
    • Thanos (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Ebony Maw (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Proxima Midnight (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Corvus Glaive (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Supergiant (shown, but unsure if playable)
  • Spider-Man
    • Spider-Man (confirmed)
    • Green Goblin (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Sandman (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Venom
    • Doctor Octopus
    • Carnage
    • Miles Morales
    • Spider-Gwen
  • Doctor Strange
    • Doctor Strange
    • Wong
    • Baron Mordo
    • Dormammu
  • X-Men
    • Wolverine (confirmed)
    • Cyclops
    • Storm
    • Magneto
    • Rogue
    • Nightcrawler
    • Jean Grey/Phoenix
  • Inhumans
    • Crystal (confirmed)
    • Lockjaw (confirmed)
    • Black Bolt
    • Medusa
    • Karnak
    • Quake
    • Inferno
    • Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
  • Fantastic Four
    • Mr. Fantastic
    • Invisible Woman
    • Human Torch
    • The Thing
    • Doctor Doom
    • Super-Skrull
Did I miss anyone?
Deadpool. He was in the first two games & he's pretty popular.

Jan 10, 2018
again, completely irrelevant to whether or not a game is first or third party. Epic Games is a third party and developed Gears of War 1-3 on Xbox 360. They even owned the IP. All three titles were first party releases.

Gears of War became a first party IP when Microsoft bought the rights in 2014.

Also Gears of War is not this game

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
normally this would be a valid point. but Future Fight runs at 60 fps too on its max settings

Future Fight is not as gameplay intense as this one, cmon, and there is no indication that this is the final build, so chill out.

Yes we can talk about the Switch hardware maybe not capable of handling graphically intense games at 60 fps, but we should also mention that Team Ninja doesn't exactly made the prettiest games in the world, Nioh is not that different from this.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hopefully the relatively modest graphics should allow for 4 player local co op. Would be a real shame if the game missed out on it, and it almost definitely wouldn't be possible if Nintendo was trying to be cutting edge.
The full PR (on Nintendolife) says 'with another pair of joycons four players can team up on one system', as well as online play and offline via wireless.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
There are dozens of other examples I can give you if you'd like. I specifically chose that one due to both games utilizing the same development team.

I saying its differnt situation, with this game you have 3rd party IP done buy 3rd party team whithout Nintendo involvement in development (most likely),
while Metroid M is Nintendo IP with 3rd party development and Nintendo involvement in development in some degree.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Looks awesome to me. I hope that shot at the end isn't the full roster though. I want other X-Men, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Blade, Jessica Jones, etc...
According to the PR, 'the game will feature an original story and a playable cast of dozens of Marvel Super Heroes, including the Avengers, the X-men and- for the first time in series history- the Guardians of the Galaxy'.

Seeing as Kingpin is in the trailer, Daredevil seems most likely out of the Netflix gang.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears of War became a first party IP when Microsoft bought the rights in 2014.

So, what point are you trying to make, exactly?

I saying its differnt situation, with this game you have 3rd party IP done buy 3rd party team whithout Nintendo involvement in development (most likely),
while Metroid M is Nintendo IP with 3rd party development and Nintendo involvement in development in some degree.

From a development perspective, you're absolutely correct. I'd be shocked if this game receives the same level of creative input from Nintendo as Other M did.

From a publishing perspective, they're either exactly the same (they are exactly the same in the west) or differ only in the sense that Koei / Tecmo may publish this game in Japan (we don't know this yet).

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
it thought it looked decent, the main thing that made it look bad is the zoomed in camera and sounds like thats optional. interested. i like the art and i liked the old games.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Future Fight is not as gameplay intense as this one, cmon, and there is no indication that this is the final build, so chill out.

Yes we can talk about the Switch hardware maybe not capable of handling graphically intense games at 60 fps, but we should also mention that Team Ninja doesn't exactly made the prettiest games in the world, Nioh is not that different from this.
are you basing ur opinion on the gameplay just on the short Twitter video? or is there other video/media released? (I did not watch any of the TGA at all)

because if it's just based on that Twitter video, I didn't think there was anything intense with the gameplay

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
are you basing ur opinion on the gameplay just on the short Twitter video? or is there other video/media released? (I did not watch any of the TGA at all)

because if it's just based on that Twitter video, I didn't think there was anything intense with the gameplay

It doesn't need much to be more intense than the mobile game.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
It kinds of make sense that Nintendo bought the license.
A coop multiplayer (especially local multiplayer) focused game starring popular heroes is a good commecial proposition for Switch.

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
Team Ninja is doing this????

giphy.gif

LOL

Are they that bad? Didnt they also make Ninja Gaiden?

Edit, this game should shift some hard- and software units if advertised right. Its not my cup of tea with the superhero franchises but its popularity is probably on its peak like the videogames' and entertainment sectors' in general.

Last edited:

archreaper93

Oct 27, 2017
they have so many franchises people want sequels for years now,why not making a new starfox,super metroid or mario 64-2

why do they have to steal our games?and that's exactly what they do,taking a beloved 3rd party franchise and making it exclusive so others can't play it is stealing

Edit since apparently people actually thought I was serious: I'm not.

https://www./threads/bayonetta-2-wi...tendo-supervision-kamiya.491152/post-42097828

Last edited:

z285714

Sep 9, 2018
Yeah,it looks much greater on Youtube. But I still think it's like a musou games. It's not a bad thing, as KT is good at making that kind of games. I also remember that KT hopes to have a 5 million game. Maybe that's it.