• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly was served well with the remaster of Ultimate Alliance 1 I bought recently and the biggest thing I hoped for a third game was amazing graphics. This looks bleh and the animations are bad. But I'll still get it when I eventually buy a Switch if it doesn't have horrible reception.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Oh wow. I guess Marvel Heroes 2016 had to die so that this could live. Let's hope it was worth it.

It's so nice that "Marvel" doesn't mean "Avengers" anymore and includes X-Men again thanks to that sweet Fox buyout. :D

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really is. Gotta love all the "LOOKS LIKE A MOBILE GAME, MUH GRAPHICS" posts immediately followed by the port begging.
But Nintendo published a mediocre game half a decade ago. Think about it.

All I needed was my non-gamer fiancé to literally "holyshitohmygodyouhavetobuymethis!!!" To know this would be huge. This'll be bigger than Animal Crossing or the next Pokemon.

Edit: and as we all know, Ultimate Alliance was ALWAYS about the graphics. The 360 games totally didn't look like a souped up GameCube game. 😂

Last edited:

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. I guess Marvel Heroes 2016 had to die so that this could live. Let's hope it was worth it.

It's so nice that "Marvel" doesn't mean "Avengers" anymore and includes X-Men again thanks to that sweet Fox buyout. :D

I hate marvel heroes died. But if this was its murderer, I'll take the loss! I've been waiting for 3 since the second I finished my 2nd play through of 2 all those years ago

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I've only played 2, and LOVED IT. I got the Wii version of 1 that was plagued by control problems making it unplayable. I'm stoked from what I saw in the trailer (mostly X-Men)

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm a maybe. I'd love to get excited about a marvel switch exclusive, but I feel like I've already played this marvel beat em up like 20 times before.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I hate marvel heroes died. But if this was its murderer, I'll take the loss! I've been waiting for 3 since the second I finished my 2nd play through of 2 all those years ago

If they put all the characters from MH2016 with all their skills in this game, it could be nothing short of groundbreaking. I know it's not a realistic expectation, but one can dream.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
this kind of co op party game is just right for the switch which emphasizes community and local co op. I'm glad marvel are scoping out pubs that individually fit to the games they are trying to make rather than just passing them off to a pub who doesnt care to activision them up

Is this hope that Marvel have finally learned how to treat their game licenses and Spiderman wasnt just a fluke?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa. What?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?

Developed by Team Ninja??

And published by Nintendo???

WHAT?!

I mean, sign me up! But WHAT?!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
much like with bayonetta, this isn't a third party game. Octopath traveler is one, for example.
Nintendo's relationship with Koei Tecmo, and more specifically Team Ninja, is one of the more unexpected continued partnerships of the past decade that I can think of. Especially when you consider that Other M was essentially the icebreaker.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is a Bayonetta situation, more like Lego City. Marvel appears to be the sole copyright holder so once the exclusivity agreement ends, they'll probably find another publisher to take things multiplat.
That might depend on how much of the bill Nintendo footed and what the contract looks like. I could see Nintendo wanting to keep this one on lockdown.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I know people are shitting on the graphics, but I'm fucking so hyped for this game. I'm gonna buy a Switch for it.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It's really cool to get this game for the Switch and I think it looks promising, I'm a sucker for Marvel stuff so I'm glad I'll get something to scratch that itch on Switch~

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Knowing that this is an Ultimate Alliance game now and rewatching the trailer on Youtube (non-live stream), its graphics make more sense to me now.

I'm sure the camera is pulled in a little closer than it will be in-game for this trailer (especially that Wolverine part), so I'm sure pulled back and in a normal level it will look totally solid for a Diablo-style hack 'n slasher. If you zoomed in super close on the characters in Diablo 3 it would probably look way worse than this.

I think my initial expectation was that this was that big Avengers game Square was working on, so I was also let down by how it was looking.

Guess now I finally need to get around to playing and finished Ultimate Alliance 1!
Loved the X-Men Legends games but never got around to playing all of UA1. Have it on Steam, PSP, and I put it on my Henkaku'd Vita as well, so I'll either play it there. Always prefer to play games like this on handheld while watching TV.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Really surprised to see the negativity surrounding its exclusivity. I thought people are fine with it considering the numerous defense for Spider-Man's exclusivity? Or is it only ok if Sony gets exclusivity? Well, I guess it's a pointless question to ask. Anyway, I'm glad the Black Order gets the spotlight -- and Supergiant is in as well!! I do hope the game looks better in time though.