• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the Youtube vid posted above looks much cleaner. I'm hyped to play this with my nephew next year.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Awesome, was dusting off my Switch for Smash but looks like I'll have another reason to use it. Always enjoyed the Ultimate Alliance games as well as X-Men Legends.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
But Nintendo published a mediocre game half a decade ago. Think about it.

All I needed was my non-gamer fiancé to literally "holyshitohmygodyouhavetobuymethis!!!" To know this would be huge. This'll be bigger than Animal Crossing or the next Pokemon.

Edit: and as we all know, Ultimate Alliance was ALWAYS about the graphics. The 360 games totally didn't look like a souped up GameCube game. 😂

Bro cmon its not gonna be bigger than Pokemon lol

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Really surprised to see the negativity surrounding its exclusivity. I thought people are fine with it considering the numerous defense for Spider-Man's exclusivity? Or is it only ok if Sony gets exclusivity? Well, I guess it's a pointless question to ask. Anyway, I'm glad the Black Order gets the spotlight -- and Supergiant is in as well!! I do hope the game looks better in time though.
You answered your own question there.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I mean, fam. Yeah, Nintendo publishing it, but it's not entirely 1st party.

They are publishing and likely funding. It's probably not all that different from the Sony/Spider-Man situation only in this case they reviving an existing game IP. It's first party. And it's a cool sign that Nintendo is willing to expect first party resources in this way.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I played the first 2 to death. This is great news. I was wondering if they were ever going back to Alliance series. Always seemed like a no-brainer to keep making them.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
As bizarre as this all is, is this game the western IP that ZhugeEX had hinted Koei Tecmo was working on a long while back?

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the exclusivity happened, cant imagine Nintendo paying Marvel for it to be developed and contactinc Tecmo and all that, maybe Marvel thought this was going ot be better portable because of the graphics?

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It doesnt look as great as I would have hoped it would, but the fact it even exists is fucking fantastic.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to play the UA games again. Too bad they were delisted everywhere.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Marvel? Im out...
Team NINJA? Im back in!
Lol. For real though, I am excited for this. I hope for even more nintendo and KT/TN stuff.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
The first 2 games are pieces of shit in a lot of ways but I'm still very excited about this

the 2nd game was a step down from the 1st, but the 1st has about 40% of the game being downright awful to play

Huh I have them on xbox one as digital versions playable on the One?

they've were available on current gen for a short window and were delisted again

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Don't really know what ultimate alliance is but it looks pretty cool. More switch games is always good.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Looking at the trailer again, I think it looks good, if not great in some parts. I dunno if its because I primarily game with Nintendo consoles, but.graphics aren't everything, and if the gameplay is solid enough while offering a large roster instead of mostly MCU/X-Men content, that is more than enough. I'm not even gonna bother wanting more, we live in the timeline where UA3 is actually happening, what else could I want?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really loved the first. This is unexpected and exciting news. I hope the leveling will be more like the first game - or better.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The game looks perfectly fine, lol @ the people saying it looks like a mobile game. You couldn't make it more obvious.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
watched the trailer again, yea, the "mobile game" is a bunch of bullshit. and it's 60fps. since it's gonna be top-down like the previous games, the game looks fine

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, I'm surprised Nintendo managed to nab an exclusive Avengers game for the Switch. Looks alright, I thought it was going to be a Marvel Infinite port at first judging from the art style

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
X-men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were my childhood.
But strangely, I don't see either in this.
It doesn't seem to play the same way at all, it doesn't even have the same artstyle.
I've waited years for this and I'm really let down.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I'm not too familiar with the series but are the roster sizes usually pretty substantial?

I mean from that trailer I'm expecting a shit ton of characters lol....

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Reminded me of omega force games, Thougth it was a musou for a second here. But man, this is not the team ninja game that i wanted to come for switch.

Well, but a new game, and exclusive, is still a new game.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Looking at the trailer again, I think it looks good, if not great in some parts. I dunno if its because I primarily game with Nintendo consoles, but.graphics aren't everything, and if the gameplay is solid enough while offering a large roster instead of mostly MCU/X-Men content, that is more than enough. I'm not even gonna bother wanting more, we live in the timeline where UA3 is actually happening, what else could I want?
I mean we have Lockjaw, Crystal and Green Goblin confirmed so far oh and supergiant wasn't in the movies

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm not too familiar with the series but are the roster sizes usually pretty substantial?

I mean from that trailer I'm expecting a shit ton of characters lol....
About 40 characters more or less, including system exclusive ones as well. Really only missing Luke Cage, Storm, Vision, and stuff like Venom from the trailer and the original roster is almost complete.