• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Given that it's been over three years since KT first mentioned their "prominent overseas IP" project, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been rebooted at least once since then. Might have something to do with the project becoming a Switch exclusive and KT getting the rights to the MUA name, but of course I'm just speculating here.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
X-men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were my childhood.
But strangely, I don't see either in this.
It doesn't seem to play the same way at all, it doesn't even have the same artstyle.
I've waited years for this and I'm really let down.
honestly gameplay looked the same to me. I still really wish we could get a good dc equivalent to this series, as im a much bigger dc fan and justice league heroes didnt cut it.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
It looked rough but it makes me happier to be a switch owner. I'd actually buy this if it ends up reviewing well. I love a good action rpg.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I have no interest in this game (not a fan of Diablo-like games and not a fan of Marvel) but it's a wild announcement. I really didn't think Team Ninja would be working on this.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I just see wolverine. I hope this isn't the limit of what to expect from the xmen. I need that one guy that shoot laser beams.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I never played one, but I'm interested.
This is basically Diablo Marvel right?

Also wtf @ that exclusivity.
Cool though!

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Ok after seeing it again (several times actually). I'm in. I was surprised at first by the lacking visuals, but that was also a issue in the other 2 MUA games. Another reason as well to dust off the Switch when it eventually releases.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
About 40 characters more or less, including system exclusive ones as well. Really only missing Luke Cage, Storm, Vision, and stuff like Venom from the trailer and the original roster is almost complete.
Don't forget Moon Knight, Ronin, Thing and Blade. Also being able to discover unique comic team ups was so much fun, we better have the alternate fantastic four with Wolverine Hulk(joe fixit costume), Ghost Rider and War Machine!

Although I'm willing to sacrifice a few characters if it means more unique move sets. Also better have playable unlockable villains

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I don't get why there's people as mad as when Bayonetta 2 happened here.
Given that it's been over three years since KT first mentioned their "prominent overseas IP" project, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been rebooted at least once since then. Might have something to do with the project becoming a Switch exclusive and KT getting the rights to the MUA name, but of course I'm just speculating here.
That sounds like what could have happened tbh.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is a Bayonetta situation, more like Lego City. Marvel appears to be the sole copyright holder so once the exclusivity agreement ends, they'll probably find another publisher to take things multiplat.

This makes no sense. Nintendo is the solely publisher which paid for license to publish the game. There's no other publisher to do that and makes no sense. Also, of course marvel owns, it's their license. This is a spider man situation like sony.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda makes you wonder what MS will pick out of the roster. With all those studios, surely Marvel is willing to give them something too XD

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
X-men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were my childhood.
But strangely, I don't see either in this.
It doesn't seem to play the same way at all, it doesn't even have the same artstyle.
I've waited years for this and I'm really let down.

How could you say that? Looks like a very early footage, it doesn't have any HUD at all. But the gameplay looks exactly same. That Wolverine vs sentinel fight reminded me of Ymir fight in the first game. This is definitely the same gameplay.

For artstyle, yes this is the new Marvel/Disney artstyle and it's pretty different what we used to have. But I'm not complaining, I can have same fun with Hemsworth looking Thor and leather capped Cap.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Very surprised at the developer. Since MUA2 was developed by Vicarious Visions (who's done most of their work with Nintendo) and the license was presumably still with Activision, I thought for sure they were the ones working on it.

Consider me surprised and fairly shocked. This is definitely a huge pickup for Nintendo.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is there any doubt that Smash Bros. Is getting an Avengers DLC, when the new movie comes out?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So, uh...whatever happened to the Avengers game Crystal Dynamics was working on?

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who would've thought fucking Nintendo of all people bought the MUA license? Now I want the first two on Switch someone make it happen.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
The complete lack of Activision being involved is curious, is Marvel acquiring the rights to game franchises starring their characters?
More importantly, does this mean they can re-release the first two games without Activision?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the trailer, yeah that looks bad. Looks like a low budget game, like the one they have on mobile. Are the RPG elements and loots still in?

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I really hate that art style. It's been used everywhere, especially the mobile marvel games. I wish it looked more in line with the first game.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Best announcement of the night. Ok it didn't have much competition, but still, a hell of an awesome announcement! Unexpected!

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
This is the announcement of the year.

This is the announcement of every year.

GOAT franchise is back

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Why it should be when it's clearly a license purchased by nintendo with them publishing it much like sony with spider man? jesus

Because the other games in the series were multiplat and I don't yet own a Switch. Calm down with your overreaction.

Did you mind Spider-Man being an exclusive? This isn't a gotcha question either.

I didn't take it as such, but no, and not just because I own a PS4 and the game (I loved it btw) but because Sony has had a long time deal with Marvel and Spider-Man. It was less an issue to me.

Hope you posted the same thing in the Spider-Man announcement thread.

I did not for the reason above.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Some people I know are going to love this news. This IS perfect for switch with how it's co op oriented. All you gotta do is take the switch with 2/4 joy cons (and straps) and anyone can have a good time.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just happy the game exists, but I was also happy that MvC Infinite existed after a hiatus from the previous entry so I'm going to be a little cautious haha

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I'm super excited. On the other, the game is positively hideous.

Good voice acting, though.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm so dumb. I just realized it's TEAM Ninja, not Ninja THEORY.

I've been confused for hours as to how this was possible.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a huge announcement. If the game is even halfway decent, it'll be a big hit. Really cool to see a partnership like this from Nintendo.