• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen the older games lately?

Even so, I value gameplay more than visuals.
I do, too. Doesn't make it any less true. Gameplay is MORE important, but visuals are undoubtedly important as well.

I haven't seen the older games lately, no, but that's because they're old. I don't expect them to look remotely good. Ultimate Alliance 3 is a 2019 game.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get all the "this looks like a mobile game" comments. It's not like the first 2 were graphic powerhouses.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am sorry but it looks like something straight out of AppStore

Marvel Ultimate Alliance used to be literally my favorite game ever back in the day but this one looks like an iPad ripoff or something

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because the other games in the series were multiplat and I don't yet own a Switch. Calm down with your overreaction.

I didn't take it as such, but no, and not just because I own a PS4 and the game (I loved it btw) but because Sony has had a long time deal with Marvel and Spider-Man. It was less an issue to me.

I did not for the reason above.

It's not a overreaction, your post was the one with it. And the other games were multi because they were activision.

and lol at that reason for not being upset with spider man just because a complete different division of sony has the movie roihts. terrible excuse. just admit you're pissed because it's not on ps4 which is better than to come with something like that. lol

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I am sorry but it looks like something straight out of AppStore

Marvel Ultimate Alliance used to be literally my favorite game ever back in the day but this one looks like an iPad ripoff or something

to be brutally honest, my first thought when the footage appeared was that it was some sort of enhanced version of Future Fight or another of Marvel's mobile games

it looks better upon rewatching the trailer a couple times, at least, but it still seems kinda rough

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people here didn't live MUA1 era were ingames characters were like PS2 character models with better shadows and lighting.

This game is a massive upgrade and I cannot be more glad that it's coming back. I honestly though this series was dead and buried.

And of course here we have some port begging, yet if it was multiplat, people would whine that Switch is shit because there's no third parties supporting it exclusively. I swear to god...can we fucking not?! :lol

Last edited:

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
It is being developed by Team Ninja and looks way different then other Ultimate Alliance games, why call it that? They could've gone with any other name, it's not like Ultimate Alliance is a big name.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
This looks just... Bad. I know the switch isn't on the level of the other consoles, but I really hope they'll improve the visuals. It does matter for a game like that. If Nintendo paid for the exclusivity, there's gotta be an upside from developing specifically with the switch in mind.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
It's not a overreaction, your post was the one with it. And the other games were multi because they were activision.

and lol at that reason for not being upset with spider man just because a complete different division of sony has the movie roihts. terrible excuse. just admit you're pissed because it's not on ps4 which is better than to come with something like that. lol

No, my post was perfectly fine, you came in with the "Jesus" as if I was whining or some shit. It's unnecessary.

I don't care why the other games were multiplat, my point is the series should've remained that way. This has nothing to do with any specific platform loyalty for me.

Spider-Man being exclusive is less an issue to me because Sony and Marvel/Disney have a longstanding relationship and inner workings in general, so I understand the nature of that deal and why Sony would have exclusivity. It also is the only game in the eventual series. It's not like it started on every platform and went console exclusive to Sony in it's sequel. That's what this situation is akin to which is why it annoys me.

Agreed :/. This is like if Final Fantasy went back to being a Playstation exclusive.

Exactly. It's annoying.

Deleted member 4067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People forgetting how ugly the first game was lmao

Anyway glad Marvel is making this happen, I thought we would only get boring Arkham rip offs from now on like the new spiderman game

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Has it being brought up the fact that this game being a Switch exclusive opens up the posibility of a Marvel character being one of the Smash DLC characters?

Cause i can see it being Thanos, lol.

They even have acknowledged the MVC series with Ryu's Palutena's guidance!

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, my post was perfectly fine, you came in with the "Jesus" as if I was whining or some shit. It's unnecessary.

I don't care why the other games were multiplat, my point is the series should've remained that way. This has nothing to do with any specific platform loyalty for me.

Spider-Man being exclusive is less an issue to me because Sony and Marvel/Disney have a longstanding relationship and inner workings in general, so I understand the nature of that deal and why Sony would have exclusivity. It also is the only game in the eventual series. It's not like it started on every platform and went console exclusive to Sony in it's sequel. That's what this situation is akin to which is why it annoys me.
Justifying why one game should be console exclusive and why the other one shouldn't is complete console warrior BS. And Disney has about as strong of a relationship with Nintendo if you're seriously using that logic.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
This game is missing a single character so far. You guys aren't going to guess who

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
People forgetting how ugly the first game was lmao

Anyway glad Marvel is making this happen, I thought we would only get boring Arkham rip offs from now on like the new spiderman game
No kidding

Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance_Screen-1.png

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Marvel approached Sony for Spider-Man and the same likely happened here. Marvel decided to revive the series and felt Switch was a great fit for the game. There's a lot of value in a platform holder funding, publishing, and marketing your game for you. This will be a tough pill to swallow for some of you, but there really can be advantages to making a game platform-exclusive.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It is being developed by Team Ninja and looks way different then other Ultimate Alliance games, why call it that? They could've gone with any other name, it's not like Ultimate Alliance is a big name.
It's a 4 person team action rpg with coop and characters from all parts of the marvel universe, that screams marvel ultimate alliance. It's just we have a team that's a master of beaten up combat and we haven't seen the ui yet. Wait till we get a gameplay first look in a month or so.

Also betting on release date in the new year direct next month or so

Apr 21, 2018
No buddy, i own the switch and this still looks like ass, just like Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite. Try again.

It does look like ass, but it looks pretty early. I doubt we will see it before September. It's a pretty simple formula from an action developer and one of the best publishers, I'm sure at worst it will be 'okay' (7.0 MC)

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I mean Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 looked blocky af in 2006. It didn't matter a squid once you were playing 4 player with your friends and having a great time. This is going to be an amazing party piece.

Switch 2019 is looking even crazier now.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure Marvel approached Sony for Spider-Man and the same likely happened here. Marvel decided to revive the series and felt Switch was a great fit for the game. There's a lot of value in a platform holder funding, publishing, and marketing your game for you. This will be a tough pill to swallow for some of you, but there really can be advantages to making a game platform-exclusive.

I completely disagree, especially if it's pertaining to a series that was never exclusive in the first place.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
From the combos and camera angles, it seems like this may be going a bit more in a character-action direction than previous titles in the series.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That looks really bad, but I'll wait to see if the gameplay is fun. I don't mind bad graphics, but it can't be crappy mobile tier game play on top of it either.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I completely disagree, especially if it's pertaining to a series that was never exclusive in the first place.

It's happened before, for numerous reasons. That doesn't mean there aren't advantages to this approach. Marvel could have quite easily made Spider-Man 2018 a multiplatform release. Almost every Spider-Man title released in the past 20+ years has been multiplatform. They chose to work with a single platform holder and it was a big win for everyone involved.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Has it being brought up the fact that this game being a Switch exclusive opens up the posibility of a Marvel character being one of the Smash DLC characters?

Cause i can see it being Thanos, lol.

They even have acknowledged the MVC series with Ryu's Palutena's guidance!

Characters from outside video games won't get in, but if one from Marvel did it would be Spider-Man.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
How do you know it would even exist without Nintendo's involvement? It will be a decade since the last one came out when this hits. It wasn't exactly a hot property.

I don't, but it is a fan favorite franchise that was multiplat before with demand for it's continuation so it happening wasn't some matter of Nintendo swooping down to save the day. They may've pitched it but it's unlikely Marvel/Disney weren't aware of it's demand or needed them to get anything done. Let's be real here, Marvel/Disney holds the cards in this situation.

Justifying why one game should be console exclusive and why the other one shouldn't is complete console warrior BS. And Disney has about as strong of a relationship with Nintendo if you're seriously using that logic.

It's not console warrior shit. Stop that idiotic mudslinging nonsense right now. I'm arguing that a game that historically was multiplat should remain so, while you're in favor of it going console exclusive. If anyone is fighting the good ol' console warrior fight it's you smfh

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly thought the game looked nice when I saw it; so it was weird going into the thread and feeling so much black lash. It's not stunning or anything, but it serves this style of game well, at least in my opinion.

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Ok this is big for me... With this and mk 11 coming out on switch, guess who is buying a switch now