• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This looks really good.
It'll be interesting to see what Team Ninja can bring to the formula, because the original games - while fun - were kinda stiff and simple.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I too subtle or is your agressiveness too subtle for me? Spell it out dude.

User claimed game is third party because external company (Team Ninja / Koei Tecmo) is involved.

Me: Metroid Other M image. I picked this example very deliberately. Involvement from external companies isn't what decides whether a title is first or third party.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
There is no difference. Again, explain Spider-Man PS4 and try and reconcile that with what you are saying.

I don't see how Spiderman has anything with what I wrote.

Again,
I can certainly say that Zelda, Smash, Mario, Metroid...100% want come to PS4/XB1, but I couldn't say same thing for Lego City or this game.
I mean if you dont see difference between situation when you have game with own companies IP thats developed internally or externally, compared to game thats 3rd party IP and developed by 3rd party team, I dont know what to tell you, because that difference I talking about.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
We have Nintendo fans literally portbeg every game from the last 30 years, let people free to portbeg an ios look a like game like this, c'mon!
Well you've been banned, but my post was more about being surprised at some acting as if this is as big of an exclusivity delay as Bayo 2 (or Spiderman for Sony) in terms of budget and impact.
Not surprised at people being salty over exclusives.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't look very good but enjoyed the first game so will keep an eye out for this closer to release.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Looks a bit rough, but I hope they can pull through. Hopefully this doesn't end up like the last time Nintendo and team ninja worked together..,

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when this started development. It's actually gonna be weird to see this launching before we get any real news about Square Enix's Avengers project.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how Spiderman has anything with what I wrote.

Again,
I can certainly say that Zelda, Smash, Mario, Metroid...100% want come to PS4/XB1, but I couldn't say same thing for Lego City or this game.
I mean if you dont see difference between situation when you have game with own companies IP thats developed internally or externally, compared to game thats 3rd party IP and developed by 3rd party team, I dont know what to tell you, because that difference I talking about.

You conveniently don't see how Spiderman has anything to do with it because it completely contradicts your position. Spiderman is a game published by Sony, the IP is owned by a "third party", the game is developed by a "third party", so is that not a first party game? It's a pretty simple question.

Whether you can say that a game "100% won't come to PS4/XB1" has no bearing on whether it's 1st or 3rd party. That's the part you don't seem to get. The entire concept is incredibly simple yet you play mental gymnastics to over complicate it just to suit a weird narrative.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The artstyle is awesome, don't know what you guys are talking about. Its very comic booky, like you know, the comic books.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet this is timed exclusive. The previous games were multiplatform right?

Nintendo rarely publishes games that appear first on their platform that aren't either:

1. Full exclusives
2. Timed exclusives for many years

If it's #2, the game probably won't release on another platform this generation.

The one somewhat-recent exception I can think of is Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, which Nintendo published in the west on Wii U in 2012 and Koei-Tecmo published on 360/PS3 around six months later.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
One of the few worthy announcements of TGA this year. No one saw that coming. (and i'm happy Team Ninja is making it, they know how to make a good combat system)

Soo

Sony has Spider-man
Nintendo has Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Microsoft?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuuck yeeees!!! Hope this ends up being a good game! Excited to whatever comes out of this.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't read the previous pages of this thread, but the technical graphics level of this does not look good for a home console game

Future Fight (on high setting), a mobile game, looks almost as good. Actually some chars/abilities in Future Fight look better

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If I had to predict the roster, I'd say...
  • Avengers
    • Iron Man (confirmed)
    • Captain America (confirmed)
    • Hulk (confirmed)
    • Black Widow (confirmed)
    • Scarlet Witch (confirmed)
    • Falcon (confirmed)
    • Nick Fury (confirmed)
    • Vision (confirmed)
    • Ultron (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Hawkeye
    • Captain Marvel
    • Ms. Marvel
    • Squirrel Girl
    • She-Hulk
    • Ant-Man
    • Wasp
    • Moon Knight
    • Black Panther
      • Black Panther
      • Shuri
      • Okoye
      • M'Baku
      • Killmonger
      • Klaw
    • Thor
      • Thor (confirmed)
      • Loki
      • Hela
      • Valkyrie
      • Enchantress
      • Skurge
      • Korg
  • Defenders/Marvel Knights
    • Daredevil
    • Iron Fist
    • Jessica Jones
    • Luke Cage
    • Misty Knight
    • Colleen Wing
    • Kingpin
    • Elektra
    • Ghost Rider
      • Johnny Blaze
      • Robbie Reyes
    • Blade
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Star-Lord (confirmed)
    • Rocket Raccoon (confirmed)
    • Groot (confirmed)
    • Gamora (confirmed)
    • Drax (confirmed)
    • Nebula (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Ronan (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Mantis
    • Adam Warlock
    • Yondu
    • Nova
      • Richard Rider
      • Sam Alexander
  • Black Order
    • Thanos (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Ebony Maw (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Proxima Midnight (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Corvus Glaive (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Supergiant (shown, but unsure if playable)
  • Spider-Man
    • Spider-Man (confirmed)
    • Green Goblin (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Sandman (shown, but unsure if playable)
    • Venom
    • Doctor Octopus
    • Carnage
    • Miles Morales
    • Spider-Gwen
  • Doctor Strange
    • Doctor Strange
    • Wong
    • Baron Mordo
    • Dormammu
  • X-Men
    • Wolverine (confirmed)
    • Cyclops
    • Storm
    • Magneto
    • Rogue
    • Nightcrawler
    • Jean Grey/Phoenix
    • Iceman
    • Deadpool
    • Cable
  • Inhumans
    • Crystal (confirmed)
    • Lockjaw (confirmed)
    • Black Bolt
    • Medusa
    • Karnak
    • Quake
    • Inferno
    • Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
  • Fantastic Four
    • Mr. Fantastic
    • Invisible Woman
    • Human Torch
    • The Thing
    • Doctor Doom
    • Super-Skrull
Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I wonder when this started development. It's actually gonna be weird to see this launching before we get any real news about Square Enix's Avengers project.

This is a small game with a low budget looking at the looks of this one, Avengers titles are big AAA with all the shit you'd expect from AAA games.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
You conveniently don't see how Spiderman has anything to do with it because it completely contradicts your position. Spiderman is a game published by Sony, the IP is owned by a "third party", the game is developed by a "third party", so is that not a first party game? It's a pretty simple question.

Whether you can say that a game "100% won't come to PS4/XB1" has no bearing on whether it's 1st or 3rd party. That's the part you don't seem to get. The entire concept is incredibly simple yet you play mental gymnastics to over complicate it just to suit a weird narrative.

First there is no need for that aggressive tone.

Second, Spiderman actually comes on that other category that I mentioned, and yeah Spiderman is considered for 1st party game.

I thought that 1st party games means own IP and internally or externally developed game, you and some other people saying I am wrong, I acknowledged that.
I just saying there is clear difference between situation when you have game with own companies IP thats developed internally or externally, compared to game thats 3rd party IP and developed by 3rd party team. Again, Nintendos own example, Lego City thats published buy Nintendo ended up being multiplatform game, there is no chance you expect something like that from Zelda, Smash, Mario, Metroid...games that are Nintendo IPs, while you cant be certain with 3rd party IPs that are developed buy 3rd party developers.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
First there is no need for that aggressive tone.
Second, Spiderman actually comes on that other category that I mentioned, and yeah Spiderman is considered for 1st party game.

I thought that 1st party games means own IP and internally or externally developed game, you and some other people saying I am wrong, I acknowledged that.
I just saying there is clear difference between situation when you have game with own companies IP thats developed internally or externally, compared to game thats 3rd party IP and developed by 3rd party team. Again, Nintendos own example, Lego City thats published buy Nintendo ended up being multiplatform game, there is no chance you expect something like that from Zelda, Smash, Mario, Metroid...games that are Nintendo IPs, while you cant be certain with 3rd party IP that are developed buy 3rd party.

There is a difference between IPs Nintendo owns and IPs they don't, yes. None of that has any bearing on whether a game is 1st or 3rd party though. That's what Im trying to tell you. Everything Nintendo publishes is first party. Again, it's a lot simpler than you are trying to make it, for no real reason whatsoever.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
goddamn, id thought this was a dead as def jam games after the loss of raven (RIP) - super excited but worried by my lack of street vigilantes: where's daredevil, iron fist, moon knight and the like? even others like blade, ghost rider, pantehr etc...i need more of the cult favorites to really get hyped! it's easy to have that crowd-pleasing teams, show me more and you'll have me day 1

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't read the previous pages of this thread, but the technical graphics level of this does not look good for a home console game

Future Fight (on high setting), a mobile game, looks almost as good. Actually some chars/abilities in Future Fight look better

My memory is a big foggy but I don't remember the original MUA games looking like graphics powerhouses in their day. Nice maybe, but nothing to write home about.

Plus this is on switch, which isn't as powerful as PS4/XB1. But from what I saw, the game looked great to me.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
There is a difference between IPs Nintendo owns and IPs they don't, yes. None of that has any bearing on whether a game is 1st or 3rd party though. That's what Im trying to tell you. Everything Nintendo publishes is first party. Again, it's a lot simpler than you are trying to make it, for no real reason whatsoever.

I acknowledge that, I just saying there is huge difference between Nintendo IPs and 3rd party IPs when comes to games,
because for instance this exclusive game maybe in few years could be multi platform game like Lego City for instance become.

Also, interesting example, Nioh, it's published buy Sony in West, but game is also available on PC, despite I guess that that still considered for 1st party game!?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
User claimed game is third party because external company (Team Ninja / Koei Tecmo) is involved.

Me: Metroid Other M image. I picked this example very deliberately. Involvement from external companies isn't what decides whether a title is first or third party.

Yes, there are games which are developed by a first and third party.

There are no indicators that Nintendo is involved in developing this game.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My memory is a big foggy but I don't remember the original MUA games looking like graphics powerhouses in their day. Nice maybe, but nothing to write home about.

Plus this is on switch, which isn't as powerful as PS4/XB1. But from what I saw, the game looked great to me.
is there anything else to see besides the short Twitter video linked in the OP? because nothing in that video looked great, technical graphics-wise

if people want, tomorrow I can record some videos of Future Fight to compare

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
I loved X-Men Legends I and II
I adored MUA 1, the sequel was ok... didn't really leave me hyped (and wanting to replay it over and over and over like the previous games).

I'm still excited about this one, hopefully it captures the spirit of the previous games.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017

It's an action heavy game, so i think they prioritized performance over quality and i'm fine with that, the artstyle is good.

Considering this is Team Ninja they could give the option to choose between 720/60 or 1080/30 as they did with Nioh and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Oct 27, 2017
X-Men in so I'm in. MvCI was the only casualty, pity it fell in between the small gap of time of Disney owned outsourced Marvel games that happened before the FOX IP acquisitions.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, there are games which are developed by a first and third party.

There are no indicators that Nintendo is involved in developing this game.

That's.....not the point being made. And is completely irrelevant to what is being discussed.

Nintendo could have full control over this game's direction. They could have zero control over its creative direction (highly unlikely, but let's pretend).

The fact that Team Ninja is involved with this project and to what degree creatively has absolutely zero bearing on whether or not it's a first or third party release.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Looks almost like a Dynasty Warriors game, in a good way. I was afraid it would have that top down perspective again. This looks awesome, finally a proper Marvel game that isn't Lego. Unless it turns out very bad, I'm definitely getting this.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
This looks sick and i will be there Day 1. Get this out around Avengers 4 and Nintendo laughing all the way to the bank.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whether or not this remains exclusive depends on whether this is a Nintendo game they hired TN to develop or whether it's a Koei Tecmo game Nintendo is publishing(outside Japan). Both are possible.

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
It is likely time exclusivement because it said something like
"exclusive for nintendo switch in 2019"

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people are saying that this looks bad lol.

Somehow I am really hype for this game. Hahaha.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Same art director who did Marvel vs Capcom clearly. It looks so stiff and souless.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether or not this remains exclusive depends on whether this is a Nintendo game they hired TN to develop or whether it's a Koei Tecmo game Nintendo is publishing(outside Japan). Both are possible.

This is true and it's actually happened in the past with games like Samurai Warriors 3 on Wii and NG3: Razor's Edge on Wii U....but the fact Nintendo explicitly called out its exclusivity in the trailer makes it unlikely, at least anytime soon (as in, this console cycle)

Jan 10, 2018
That's.....not the point being made. And is completely irrelevant to what is being discussed.

Nintendo could have full control over this game's direction. They could have zero control over its creative direction (highly unlikely, but let's pretend).

The fact that Team Ninja is involved with this project and to what degree creatively has absolutely zero bearing on whether or not it's a first or third party release.

Team Ninja is a third party and Nintendo is not making the game. I don't get why that is a tough pill to swallow.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017

That's different situation, Metroid is Nintendo IP and Team Ninja probably had some Nintendo guidance during development, while this is 3rd party IP and Nintendo probably dont have and development involvement.