• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Xavi feel free to use my team breakdown
Ok something for a little more discussion while we wait for the next trailer. After thinking about it and reviewing the info and the original game I noticed a trend that could lead to some interesting predictions. Traditionally mua has had standard lineups of each main team having 5 characters as the standard. In the original game avengers were the only exception(at release). Now from the info we have there are dozens of characters playable and we have about 16 revealed and 3 major revealed factions(and 3 smaller ones that aren't a confirmed team but have been previously)
So the reason I bring it up is a major part of mua on top of making your own teams is that each major team has a full team(and usually an alternate) which means 5 total characters. So here's the confirmed factions, and minimum slots. So a big one is we don't have the full X-men lineup and we should get at least 4 more
So here's the factions we know of
Gotg
  1. Starlord
  2. Gamora
  3. Drax
  4. Rocket and groot(seem to be a single character)
X-men
  1. Wolverine
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
Avengers
  1. Iron man
  2. Cap
  3. Hulk
  4. Thor
  5. Falcon
  6. Scarlet Witch
  7. Vision(not officially shown but in a split second frame of the trailer)
Inhumans (not nessecarily a full faction as Both have been a member of multiple teams)
  1. Crystal
  2. Lockjaw
Shield(has been a sub faction, and the only faction only character is generally Nick Fury, but we could see more with it as a primary this time)
  1. Nick Fury
Spider friends (general colloquial for Spider-Man related characters)
  1. Spider-Man
Now the last three won't nessecarily fill up, oh and marvel knights are likely as both hand ninjas have beeen shown. We don't know if there will be playable villains. X-men could get more as we truly don't know what other teams were getting but 5 characters are the most likely.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sorry I meant Ultimate Alliance 2.
So did I! I loved Cyclops was great in MUA1. He was the first peice of DLC i'd ever bought. They actually gave him a bunch of new techniques and features compared to X-Men Legends II.

His inclusion MUA2's Wii version was so bittersweet. I tried desperately to enjoy that version before I finally tapped out. It's actually kinda hard to find any footage or pictures of him in MUA2 because nobody played that version. The only thing I could find was somebody unlocking him--

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
So did I! I loved Cyclops was great in MUA1. He was the first peice of DLC i'd ever bought. They actually gave him a bunch of new techniques and features compared to X-Men Legends II.

His inclusion MUA2's Wii version was so bittersweet. I tried desperately to enjoy that version before I finally tapped out. It's actually kinda hard to find any footage or pictures of him in MUA2 because nobody played that version. The only thing I could find was somebody unlocking him--

Holy cow! I played it on the PlayStation didn't know he was on the Wii version! Thanks for this info I legit had no idea about this.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like you're right. And the only way to play with the DLC characters is to buy the exclusive "Gold Edition" for the 360. I dunno if such a thing exist for MUA 2 either.

You can also get the first PC version physically and mod the characters in + the PSP exclusive characters: Black Widow, Captain Marvel, and Ronin.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Ok something for a little more discussion while we wait for the next trailer. After thinking about it and reviewing the info and the original game I noticed a trend that could lead to some interesting predictions. Traditionally mua has had standard lineups of each main team having 5 characters as the standard. In the original game avengers were the only exception(at release). Now from the info we have there are dozens of characters playable and we have about 16 revealed and 3 major revealed factions(and 3 smaller ones that aren't a confirmed team but have been previously)
So the reason I bring it up is a major part of mua on top of making your own teams is that each major team has a full team(and usually an alternate) which means 5 total characters. So here's the confirmed factions, and minimum slots. So a big one is we don't have the full X-men lineup and we should get at least 4 more
So here's the factions we know of
Gotg
  1. Starlord
  2. Gamora
  3. Drax
  4. Rocket and groot(seem to be a single character)
X-men
  1. Wolverine
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
Avengers
  1. Iron man
  2. Cap
  3. Hulk
  4. Thor
  5. Falcon
  6. Scarlet Witch
  7. Vision(not officially shown but in a split second frame of the trailer)
Inhumans (not nessecarily a full faction as Both have been a member of multiple teams)
  1. Crystal
  2. Lockjaw
Shield(has been a sub faction, and the only faction only character is generally Nick Fury, but we could see more with it as a primary this time)
  1. Nick Fury
Spider friends (general colloquial for Spider-Man related characters)
  1. Spider-Man
Now the last three won't nessecarily fill up, oh and marvel knights are likely as both hand ninjas have beeen shown. We don't know if there will be playable villains. X-men could get more as we truly don't know what other teams were getting but 5 characters are the most likely. Oh and if we go off previous games here's a legacy team that is like
Marvel Knights
  1. Daredevil
  2. Elektra
  3. Luke Cage
  4. Blade
  5. Ghost Rider
  6. Moon knight
And of course avengers is likely to be the biggest it's wver been however it's also possible for multiple characters to be focused in their sub teams like west coast avengers
If they time it right, We could get one like a Secret Warriors team based on the recent-ish women-focused show/products they've been doing:
Captain Marvel
Quake
Squirrel Girl
Ms Marvel (Kamala)
America Chavez
Lockjaw (if they decide not to rush the Inhumans train, plus he's been with Kamala for a bit in the comics)
Inferno
Patroit

I wouldn't doubt them trying this if MArvel is super serious about actually pushing this line to the girl's market.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
466af2c430545781532fc1f0035b1b3f.jpg

Game will stop feeling like Avengers Ultimate Alliance 3 when these two finally revealed in the game.

Colloco

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
florida
Man I'm so excited to have this game on the switch, the announcement will go down as one of my favorites of all time, still can't believe how no one has a clue that this was being announced the way it was.

And depending on the release(right before or after infinity war part 2), it will most likely perform very well.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I can't wait til whenever they're ready to start unveiling more roster picks. That'll probably just drive up my desires for this game all the more so.

Oh, and since this is another Team Ninja x Nintendo collab, I practically am expecting "Nintendo-themed" costumes for a lot of the characters.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm, ok if we're going for non movie heroes(especially avengers) I'd love to see, if have to go Hercules, the banter with Thor would just be too much fun

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
If they time it right, We could get one like a Secret Warriors team based on the recent-ish women-focused show/products they've been doing:
Captain Marvel
Quake
Squirrel Girl
Ms Marvel (Kamala)
America Chavez
Lockjaw (if they decide not to rush the Inhumans train, plus he's been with Kamala for a bit in the comics)
Inferno
Patroit

I wouldn't doubt them trying this if MArvel is super serious about actually pushing this line to the girl's market.

I could also see them bringing in the Champions, whose lineup has included:

Ms Marvel (Kamala)
Spider-Man (Miles)
Brawn (Amadeus Cho, formerly Totally Awesome Hulk)
Viv Vision
Young Cyclops
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Ironheart
Snowguard
Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne)
Patriot
Falcon (Joaquin Torres)
Red Locust
Bombshell
Pinpoint

A team of primarily Legacy heroes is probably very key to the MCU's long term plans. Adding 4-5 of the more prominent members might be a good idea.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I could also see them bringing in the Champions, whose lineup has included:

Ms Marvel (Kamala)
Spider-Man (Miles)
Brawn (Amadeus Cho, formerly Totally Awesome Hulk)
Viv Vision
Young Cyclops
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Ironheart
Snowguard
Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne)
Patriot
Falcon (Joaquin Torres)
Red Locust
Bombshell
Pinpoint

A team of primarily Legacy heroes is probably very key to the MCU's long term plans. Adding 4-5 of the more prominent members might be a good idea.
Correction that is the New Champions, classic version included Hercules, Iceman and several others

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok so here's a fun one for discussion. We have a Marvel team that's one of the only Japanese teams, and has good prominence due to the alternate universe movie and tv series but as a result don't have a direct tie to standard marvel. If you haven't realized by now I'm talking bout Big Hero 6. So on the one hand they are popular enough to be a pick for most games without being mcu, but on the other hand the popular version isn't as heavily marvel tied. So who know if they'll happen in the game or not but there are a few possibilities we can discuss if they do happen
The first is they go with a straight up comic lineup, with those versions and powers(likely led by Sunfire), while odds are boosted by the current versions popularity this pick would be more as a dev team pick to allow for an actual Japanese team in the game as it's being made by jap devs. In some ways this would be really fun as they aren't all tech based like the movies(also silver samurai would be fun) and Fredzilla is an actual Kaiba which would be a fun power character
Second: movie lineup, but with some characters getting their comic powers and a look much closer to the comics
Or third: the straight up movie versions as bonus characters maybe pulled from the multiverse
Just some thoughts and fun discussion