• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Seems like we're gonna be in for a long wait regarding the next batch of DLC, but at least we now know when they're coming.

Source: Japanese eShop (via Dredizal on Twitter)

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Crivens, why so long? Hope some new campaigns, with Doom and Apocalypse as a bosses, are in to make up for it.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the reason for the delay is. Is it too optimistic to think that they'll use the extra time to finish the remaining unused playable characters?

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I'm beginning to regret getting this game day one, in all honesty. I wanted to get through it once all DLC is out, so as to avoid being done with the game by the time the new characters drop. Had I known it'd take this long, I could have just waited for the game to drop in price.

At least I'm supporting the series, I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
I bet after the pathetic Marvel Knights DLC, they had to go back and actually add story content to the next packs.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Cripes, that's.. kinda ridiculous.

The amount of content in the first pack wouldn't really warrant seven months. Hopefully this means the second pack is at least adding a new arena or something.

Doing even more challenge missions in the exact same areas in the first pack suuuuucked.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeaa, IF it's gonna take that long I really hope the dlc is more substantial than the first one.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if it's coming that late, then i think we should cross out the possibility of a dlc trailer at the game awards.

Jamessh1

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if there will be a bunch of QOL issues addressed, plus additional story campaign - Maybe a full announcement at the Game Awards? Been delaying a play through pending at least the Xmen DLC release.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah saw this last night, I'd wait for an official statement through one of the main channels before panicking since all the other sources still have this month as the next release. Kinda think we'll get some news either way this week, can't do a delay without some sort of announcement, otherwise you get in trouble for false marketing.

if true I'd expect a free update or two(with one this month) to hold people over. Still seems really odd as a random single Eshop update over an announcement in a trailer or multiple worldwide twitter updates. Also have we had anyone with actual Japanese writing knowledge like Hero of Legend do a full translation? Could be windows

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah saw this last night, I'd wait for an official statement through one of the main channels before panicking since all the other sources still have this month as the next release. Kinda think we'll get some news either way this week, can't do a delay without some sort of announcement, otherwise you get in trouble for false marketing.

if true I'd expect a free update or two(with one this month) to hold people over. Still seems really odd as a random single Eshop update over an announcement in a trailer or multiple worldwide twitter updates. Also have we had anyone with actual Japanese writing knowledge like Hero of Legend do a full translation? Could be windows

? I can't read/write/translate Japanese! XD

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I figured you'd know someone who did! Also been poking around and it seems like these could be release before Windows not actual release dates
yeah of course. they're not release date, they're saying they'll be released before that date. but usually that means the release date is pretty close, it won't be several months before.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
if it's coming that late, then i think we should cross out the possibility of a dlc trailer at the game awards.
Makes it more likely to me, they can't leave us without an update if it has been pushed to the new year and TGA loves to bring back games that have been announced there

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It has been radio silent over there. I do wonder what happened as well?

Regardless I don't mind the wait.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think it's that bad, most yearly DLC packs take awhile to release fully. And hopefully there is even more content with these.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
how long did it take for the first pack to be released after getting its first trailer?
2 months. Also it wasn't a trailer it was a single slide with the character renders.
The free update with 2 characters and a trailer announced at the same event were released one month later. The complete silence has been odd

we need to hear something this month or else they'll be in trouble for false advertising though and it should be before the end of next week as Nintendo goes on vacation in all regions then

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
2 months. Also it wasn't a trailer it was a single slide with the character renders.
The free update with 2 characters and a trailer announced at the same event were released one month later. The complete silence has been odd

we need to hear something this month or else they'll be in trouble for false advertising though and it should be before the end of next week as Nintendo goes on vacation in all regions then
You've been saying this for months every week lol

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Shrug I'll just stand back for now till we get an official western update. Which should be soon.
But now I remember who I was thinking of, PushDustIn think you can translate this if you don't mind?

managed to find the lines on the Japanese Nintendo eshop site
2019/09/30:追加コンテンツパック第1弾 配信済み
2020/04/30まで:追加コンテンツパック第2弾 配信
2020/07/31まで:追加コンテンツパック第3弾 配信
Now it'd be nice if someone who actually reads it can translate it but for now here's the google translate version
09/30/2019: First additional content pack distributed
Until 2020/04/30: 2nd additional content pack delivered
Until 2020/07/31: 3rd additional content pack delivered

Sounds like a placeholder/by date to me just like February 29, 2020 for the smash pass to me, but if someone who actually reads Japanese wants to clarify feel free

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So you guys, this thread is about nothing actually. Someone decided to web archive and see how long those dates have been there and they've been there since the game released all those months ago
In fact Marvel Knights original had a placeholder if 12/31/2019. It's now updated to the release date obviously. So these are just latest by dates that have been up. So have the western pack-2 2019 release estimate just as long. Which means these aren't announcing a delay(not that there couldn't be but this isn't evidence of it)

Any mods want to update the thread title? Neoxon you may want to ask