• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Marvel is up for preload. $60 or a voucher for the game, $20 for the season pass.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Cyclops and Colossus not unlockable

Probably put them behind dlc smh
Oh my god it looks so good.

Edit: Shame about Cyke. I love the Jim Lee redux.
Definitely later game unlockables, I mean they have full movesets
Haha! I told you Luke Cage would be in :P

What's the roster size up to now? 40 characters?
If Cyclops, Colossus, Beast and Nick Fury are in fact playable we are at exactly 40 playable. And more to come for base, Nova was blatantly teased and there's the infinity trial unlockables

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This isn't me being salty or anything, but I probably won't play this game until Cyclops becomes playable. I don't want my first experience using him to be a retread.

That said, if isn't in the game, i'll just play the game at release.

itsmedave

Oct 27, 2017
TN
How does one buy the season pass? I redeemed my last voucher for it but not seeing where to buy the season pass. Thanks for any help!!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also first screen of infinity trials
screen-trials.jpg

Looks like you get costumes for Kamala, Gwen and Ironman depending on how many you complete. Unlockable characters from this mode were also mentioned

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can they just reveal the characters for the content they want me to buy?

Laughing at MVCi roster much harder now. Can't believe how much better things are without this bullshit character restrictions.

Hopefully Rogue makes it back into the series. She got completely shelved (from X-Men legends) when MsMarvel/Cpt Marvel was introduced MUA series.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Pass is $20 and no discount on buying the bundle with the game or preordering, so I'm not too annoyed at them not revealing the content yet. I'll just buy it later if I actually want it

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Elsa Bloodstone is an excellent surprise inclusion. This game is going to end up with about 100 characters.

Delighted Nova is in too.

Still think we're going to get a bunch of playable villains too, gimme that Doom.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
Yep also Janet's bio confirms Ultron is Pyms creation. And Pym, I could see him as Yellowjacket

Also base game has the largest roster ever in a Mua3 game so the dlc doesn't bug me at all

Even factoring in DLC from previous versions it's the biggest roster ever. Super hyped for that.

Jun 13, 2018
I forget, how many characters from previous MUA games were villains? I noticed Doc Ock as a boss in the Direct trailer, and it's probably a longshot but I'd love for him to be playable.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
I forget, how many characters from previous MUA games were villains? I noticed Doc Ock as a boss in the Direct trailer, and it's probably a longshot but I'd love for him to be playable.

1 had the 4 DLC villains, Dr. Doom, Sabretooth, Magneto, and Venom
2 had Venom and Green Goblin, while Magneto and Carnage were DLC (Juggernaut was also available as part of an early preorder deal or something IIRC).

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Full roster, for reference
Uo3Vtrg.png

That roster isn't complete.

Full Roster:
  1. Ant-Man
  2. Beast
  3. Black Panther
  4. Black Widow
  5. Captain America
  6. Captain Marvel
  7. Crystal
  8. Daredevil
  9. Deadpool
  10. Doctor Strance
  11. Drax the Destroyer
  12. Elektra
  13. Elsa Bloodstone
  14. Falcon
  15. Gamora
  16. Ghost Rider
  17. Hawkeye
  18. Hulk
  19. Iron Fist
  20. Iron Man
  21. Luke Cage
  22. Magneto
  23. Miles Morales
  24. Ms. Marvel
  25. Nightcrawler
  26. Psylocke
  27. Scarlet Witch
  28. Spider-Gwen
  29. Spider-Man
  30. Star Lord
  31. Storm
  32. Thor
  33. Venom
  34. Vision
  35. Wasp
  36. Wolverine
With Marvel Knights being added into the mix, we can assume that these will be added to the roster:
  • Punisher
  • Moon Knight
  • Cloak and Dagger
  • Shang-Chi (to promote the upcoming movie)
With Fantastic Four, we will get:
  • Mister Fantastic
  • Invisible Woman
  • Human Torch
  • The Thing
With X-Men, it's a mixed bag, but if history serves us properly, we can assume the roster will get:
  • Cyclops (currently confirmed to be not playable, but is in the game)
  • Jean Grey
  • Colossus (currently confirmed to be not playable, but is in the game)
  • Gambit

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If this is how we get the Fantastic Four, so be it. Hard to be disappointed with a base roster this size. (But FF being in the base game would have been nice.)

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017

Full Roster:
  1. Ant-Man
  2. Beast
  3. Black Panther
  4. Black Widow
  5. Captain America
  6. Captain Marvel
  7. Crystal
  8. Daredevil
  9. Deadpool
  10. Doctor Strance
  11. Drax the Destroyer
  12. Elektra
  13. Elsa Bloodstone
  14. Falcon
  15. Gamora
  16. Ghost Rider
  17. Hawkeye
  18. Hulk
  19. Iron Fist
  20. Iron Man
  21. Luke Cage
  22. Magneto
  23. Miles Morales
  24. Ms. Marvel
  25. Nightcrawler
  26. Psylocke
  27. Scarlet Witch
  28. Spider-Gwen
  29. Spider-Man
  30. Star Lord
  31. Storm
  32. Thor
  33. Venom
  34. Vision
  35. Wasp
  36. Wolverine
With Marvel Knights being added into the mix, we can assume that these will be added to the roster:
  • Punisher
  • Moon Knight
  • Cloak and Dagger
  • Mister Fantastic
  • Invisible Woman
  • Human Torch
  • The Thing
With X-Men, it's a mixed bag, but if history serves us properly, we can assume the roster will get:
  • Jean Grey
  • Gambit

We don't know for sure that antman and beast are playable. They have been shown in cutscenes but there is no firm confirmation. Same with vision. We keep seeing him but nothing is showing us that he's certainly playable.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
We got the original FF4 included in the base roster in the older MUA games (at least in the one I played on xbox360)

/whine off

Looking forward to Dr. Doom, Mr. Fantastic, and Susan storm esp

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Full Roster:
  1. Ant-Man
  2. Beast
  3. Black Panther
  4. Black Widow
  5. Captain America
  6. Captain Marvel
  7. Crystal
  8. Daredevil
  9. Deadpool
  10. Doctor Strance
  11. Drax the Destroyer
  12. Elektra
  13. Elsa Bloodstone
  14. Falcon
  15. Gamora
  16. Ghost Rider
  17. Hawkeye
  18. Hulk
  19. Iron Fist
  20. Iron Man
  21. Luke Cage
  22. Magneto
  23. Miles Morales
  24. Ms. Marvel
  25. Nightcrawler
  26. Psylocke
  27. Scarlet Witch
  28. Spider-Gwen
  29. Spider-Man
  30. Star Lord
  31. Storm
  32. Thor
  33. Venom
  34. Vision
  35. Wasp
  36. Wolverine
  • Punisher
  • Moon Knight
  • Cloak and Dagger
  • Mister Fantastic
  • Invisible Woman
  • Human Torch
  • The Thing
  • Jean Grey
  • Gambit
Cyclops and Colossus aren't confirmed unplayable either. We have a few examples already of characters not being unlocked right away even in that level segment. It's possible they show up again later in the game and get unlocked. Also if rxpect 5-6 characters for each dlc grouping as Fantastic Four will likely bring silver Surfer and doom

Also you guys they've confirmed unlockable characters for infinity trials so chill out there's more to come. Also the fact they didn't show any dlc characters means they are just about to start them as the game likely went gold this week or bext

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
We don't know for sure that antman and beast are playable. They have been shown in cutscenes but there is no firm confirmation. Same with vision. We keep seeing him but nothing is showing us that he's certainly playable.

It would be really weird if Ant-Man and Vision aren't playable when they're on t-shirts for the game.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It'll likely be over 40, infinity trials have unlockable characters and they've been careful to hide thenlate game where you'll likely unlock more
Awesome! I might not even bother with the DLC with that many characters. Hopefully they all play very differently and gives me a reason to play through the game with various characters.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Beast was shown in the same clip as the playable X-Men

Ant-Man and Vision were shown in marketing material and are assumed to be playable

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Beast was shown in the same clip as the playable X-Men

Ant-Man and Vision were shown in marketing material and are assumed to be playable

Yeah I know. He's there but we haven't seen a single frame of him playable. And he's not listed anywhere. That's all I'm saying. Hell I hope he's in! But I just don't want people getting the idea that he's for sure in and being disappointed.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I want more more more but the base roster has nightcrawler so I'm already sold. This should be a really fun 4 player game.