• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We all knew there would be DLC characters.

If there hadn't been we would be asking for it anyway.

I do think announcing expansion content before the base game's release is like puting the cart before the horse but I guess they gotta sell those pass-bundled Ultimate Editions.

OP
OP
PadWarrior

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
xhqNAh2.gif
Beautiful

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
We all knew there would be DLC characters.

If there hadn't been we would be asking for it anyway.

I do think announcing expansion content before the base game's release is like puting the cart before the horse but I guess they gotta sell those pass-bundled Ultimate Editions.
They kinda needed to assuage FF fears. Plus the fact it's logos over a trailer or even screenshots means it's just starting development. Also it's a massive base roster and they are doing the dlc right by adding in more modes and story

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
T1mUlZC.jpg

Really looking forward to this. Looks a lot better than MUA 1 and 2. A lot flashier and more omph in attacks.
I really hope you can turn off the colored outlines though. It takes away from the look of the characters to me.
Keep the colored circle under the heroes, that should be enough.

Aprikurt

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 29, 2017
Haha making the FF DLC is shrewd as hell, but ah well. I'll be in dependent on how replayable the campaign is.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm wondering if anyone has gotten to see the lab screen and the iso8 modifiers for skills. Curious to see just how drastically they change up the skills (hoping it approaches the skill runes from diablo 3 but I doubt it'll be that extensive).
Have a feeling they're just gonna be extra damage or a different elemental damage, but I'm hoping it'll be more unique than just stuff like that.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So, I'm wondering if anyone has gotten to see the lab screen and the iso8 modifiers for skills. Curious to see just how drastically they change up the skills (hoping it approaches the skill runes from diablo 3 but I doubt it'll be that extensive).
Have a feeling they're just gonna be extra damage or a different elemental damage, but I'm hoping it'll be more unique than just stuff like that.
LQymY2n.jpg

Every power gives different passive boosts as leveled up

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying Marc Sumerak being in the livestream. He's great at writing ensembles and team-ups, and it shows he's very involved.

So far the characters really shine as their quintessential versions. Deadpool was funny.

A show about this game would be great.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
LQymY2n.jpg

Every power gives different passive boosts as leveled up
O cool, I thought I remembered from game informers article that you'd be able to rank up as well as equip Iso8 mods to slightly change them, but I may have misread/understood.
Thanks for the image though. Also this is on stream now or from an older vid?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any Cyclops gameplay?

Also shrieking @ this having a better roster than Marvel Infinite.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
O cool, I thought I remembered from game informers article that you'd be able to rank up as well as equip Iso8 mods to slightly change them, but I may have misread/understood.
Thanks for the image though. Also this is on stream now or from an older vid?
IGN live stream. Also showed the iso 8 slot screen but I didn't catch it.

Also the team is still being very careful about roster numbers. If this was the final launch lineup they'd say it. Plus the character select screen is unbalanced.
Is there any Cyclops gameplay?

Also shrieking @ this having a better roster than Marvel Infinite.
Not a hundred percent accurate but here's my running list including leaks and teases
  • Avengers
    1. Iron Man
    2. Captain America
    3. Hulk
    4. Thor
    5. Falcon
    6. Crystal
    7. Black Widow
    8. Scarlet Witch
    9. Captain Marvel
    10. Vision
    11. Black Panther
    12. Hawkeye
    13. Wasp(Janet)
    14. Ms Marvel(Kamala, )
    15. Deadpool
    16. Antman/Giantman
    17. Ghost Rider
    18. Nova(fall of classic Nova Corps is a tease)
  • Defenders
    1. Iron Fist
    2. Daredevil
    3. Dr Strange
    4. Elektra
    5. Luke Cage
    6. Elsa Bloodstone
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
    1. Star-Lord
    2. Gamora
    3. Drax
    4. Rocket Raccoon & Groot
  • X-Men
    1. Wolverine
    2. Storm
    3. NightCrawler
    4. Psylocke
    5. Beast
    6. Magneto
    7. Cyclops(in family portrait, likely later in the story as all new footage is from one scene)
    8. Colossus(same as Cyclops)
  • Currently Unaffiliated
    1. Nick Fury
      • contrary to popular belief he is not an Avenger; SHIELD team is possible
  • Spider Friends
    1. Spider-Man
      • nuff said
    2. Venom
      • also a boss fight. Classic version, so unknown if he'll have a main association, but he's been a member of a number of teams including GotG, so should be some fun team bonuses
    3. Kid Arachnid (Miles Morales)
    4. Ghost Spider(Gwen Stacy)

OP
OP
PadWarrior

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
IGN live stream. Also showed the iso 8 slot screen but I didn't catch it.

Also the team is still being very careful about roster numbers. If this was the final launch lineup they'd say it. Plus the character select screen is unbalanced.

Not a hundred percent accurate but here's my running list including leaks and teases
Oh crap can I catch a replay of it?

rmanthorp

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
CYCLOPS LOOKIN SO GOOD

I can't believe we are getting Marvel Knights DLC content in 2019. Goddamn the contrast of how deep they are going with this game vs SE's Avengers is really night and day...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
CYCLOPS LOOKIN SO GOOD

I can't believe we are getting Marvel Knights DLC content in 2019. Goddamn the contrast of how deep they are going with this game vs SE's Avengers is really night and day...
I mean we already got freaking Elsa Bloodstone so I'd be surprised if Squirrel Girl didn't get in
Yeah I was looking and Marvel Knights is deep dive the imprint. When you take out characters already in game or covered by Fantastic Four or X-men you get these as possible character canidates(assuming they aren't in the base game):
Punisher, Moonknight, Namor, Black Bolt, Manthing, Sentry, Shanna, Deathlok, and probably a few others I overlooked. But some great picks overall

Also you guys Cyclops and Colossus are totally playable they just likely don't get unlocked till late game. You don't put the leader of the X-men in the base game as a npc just to make him dlc. He's just a late game unlock for story reasons, since once a character joins your team their plot flexibility goes down

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oof. All three of these are DLC, huh? Guess Marvel Knights means Moon Knight, which means I'm definitely getting it too. If the X-Men trailer's characters are all we're getting in the base game then I sure as hell hope we get Iceman and Magik here. If I'm extremely lucky (and I know I'm not) we'd get Quentin Quire too.

GBA

Apr 21, 2019
I love ultimate alliance a lot but it's still sad that this is going to be a million times better than squeenix avengers

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Woah, where's that Cyclops clip from?
Also first screen of infinity trials
screen-trials.jpg

Looks like you get costumes for Kamala, Gwen and Ironman depending on how many you complete. Unlockable characters from this mode were also mentioned
Damn, I'm getting Future Fight vibes from this. I love it!
That selection screen. Smash Bros.-y.
screen-customize.jpg
Now that's a pretty character select screen. It looks great! Side note: I hope Crystal gets her modern look as an alternate. Not a big fan of her old hairstyle when the current one exists, haha.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else notice in the IGN play that the marvel guy pretty much comes right out and says that each character has more than 4 skills. Here is a direct quote from this section "There is 4 open slots, but in this demo there is only 2 skills. So as you level up your characters you start to kind of go I want skill number 1, 4, 6 and this one. That will be your loadout of skills for that character. And what ends up happening is you really start to tinker with the balance of each character and you start to do combo attacks"

He also says about a minute later that each character interacts with one another differently depending on each characters skill loadout.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Woah, where's that Cyclops clip from?

Damn, I'm getting Future Fight vibes from this. I love it!

Now that's a pretty character select screen. It looks great! Side note: I hope Crystal gets her modern look as an alternate. Not a big fan of her old hairstyle when the current one exists, haha.
I kinda want her 90's avengers white outfit with a bomber jacket. Also full site is up and has renders and quotes
hero_crystal@mobile.min.png

Also reminder the game already has the largest roster in the series over the past games even with dlc and there are more unlockable base characters we haven't seen. Also unlike previous games the dlc includes new story chapters and modes actually integrating the new characters into the game and giving a reason to

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
NEXTWAVE UP IN THIS $%^##
Elsa-Bloodstone-Nextwave-Marvel-Comics-e.jpg

NextwaveEllie2.png

Nextwave-Aaron03.jpg

6680851-rco024_1468993615.jpg

Saw her in the trailer, didnt know who she was but i say, "hey, what a cool character design". See people went nuts because she seems obscure and thats always interesting. Read this panels you put in your post and I think im a fan now (the last panel with the euro t-shirt, fuck yeah!). Going to search info about her now lol

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw her in the trailer, didnt know who she was but i say, "hey, what a cool character design". See people went nuts because she seems obscure and thats always interesting. Read this panels you put in your post and I think im a fan now (the last panel with the euro t-shirt, fuck yeah!). Going to search info about her now lol

Welcome to your new favourite comic.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that link
Im not even that huge of a marvel fan, like im just a normal casual one (I usually like more DC on the comic/animated front), but holy shit if this game hasnt got all the characters I actually really like from marvel and then some. Its cool to discover new characters that you never knew that existed also.
Compare this to the fucking unoriginal second rate lookalikes avengers game and its like night and day.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also shrieking @ this having a better roster than Marvel Infinite

I mean.. It isn't that hard when you don't have to share the spotlight with another company. Really hope Marvel decides to do their own fighting game or better yet, let Capcom do another Marvel Superheroes.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Eh, I need to see how good this game is first Team Ninja. They keep showing gameplay that gets choppy as heck, don't know if I'm willing to spend more than the introduction price on that.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It really is starting to look really good. Somewhat disappointed with no Cyke and F4 on release but all the Spideys and Daredevilould probably be enough for now.
Goddamn the contrast of how deep they are going with this game vs SE's Avengers is really night and day...

And now we're comparing a game celebrating the whole Marvel Universe, that's releasing in about a month, to one focused on the Avengers that just got revealed a day ago?
It really is e3 with these hot takes.

OP
OP
PadWarrior

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else notice in the IGN play that the marvel guy pretty much comes right out and says that each character has more than 4 skills. Here is a direct quote from this section "There is 4 open slots, but in this demo there is only 2 skills. So as you level up your characters you start to kind of go I want skill number 1, 4, 6 and this one. That will be your loadout of skills for that character. And what ends up happening is you really start to tinker with the balance of each character and you start to do combo attacks"

He also says about a minute later that each character interacts with one another differently depending on each characters skill loadout.
Good catch I heard that too!

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing through MUA1 and MUA2. The combat wasn't as polished as I remembered, so this is so hype. I wish we could see some extended gameplay sequence to tide us over. I'm guessing it will have RPG elements stripped down to about MUA2, so anything more than that will be a nice surprise.

Edit: They just said they'd show some footage on Treehouse!
I went back to play X-Men Legends and that game is a lot more rough than I remember.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
CYCLOPS LOOKIN SO GOOD

And some fool in that thread tried to say SE Avengers looks better šŸ˜‚ people crazy these days

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Im sad my Fantastic 4 are only DLC characters and won't play into this story...
Wispmetas i brought you over here for some good news, the e3 Mua3 page confirms that not only will the dlc pass being new characters and modes but that all the new characters will get new story elements added to the game(likely full new chapters) that add to the story
Also important details from the e3 page
EhBegP9.png
It really is starting to look really good. Somewhat disappointed with no Cyke and F4 on release but all the Spideys and Daredevilould probably be enough for now.

And now we're comparing a game celebrating the whole Marvel Universe, that's releasing in about a month, to one focused on the Avengers that just got revealed a day ago?
It really is e3 with these hot takes.
Cyke is likely at release but a late game unlock same with Colossus and Nick Fury. It seems the dlc will be new characters not involved in the base game