• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Game looks SO GOOD, man I'm excited to play with my wife.

Hope you can turn off the coloured outlines though, I just don't need it. Circle is fine.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I keep saying it and this time I even have an article to back me up!
And while we have seen plenty of X-Men, and other Marvel characters announced, we have definitely not seen the full lineup just yet, so expect more reveals to come.

This game has a damn fine roster.
And the base roster isn't even done yet! Dlc will be icing on the cake

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
So uh.. did the website just drop this bomb and it just flew over most of our heads? On the Heroes tab:

As you play, your heroes will gain experience and level up. Along with stat increases, this will unlock more special abilities—you can equip up to four!

Meaning.. each character doesn't only have 4 abilities? There's more but you can only equip four of them? So.. like previous MUAs? Or is this generous wording?

EDIT: I just watched the IGN Live Twitch stream that Absent Breeze linked above... in that video, around 7:34:30 or so, they mention "I want skill #1, #4, #6..."

Holy shit. This game is apex Marvel.

Last edited:

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So uh.. did the website just drop this bomb and it just flew over most of our heads? On the Heroes tab:

Meaning.. each character doesn't only have 4 abilities? There's more but you can only equip four of them? So.. like previous MUAs? Or is this generous wording?

EDIT: I just watched the IGN Live Twitch stream that Absent Breeze linked above... in that video, around 7:34:30 or so, they mention "I want skill #1, #4, #6..."

Yep! Me and propad noticed this earlier. I posted about it. Super cool to know we will have different builds!

OP
OP
PadWarrior

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
So we know the first w dlc come out in 2019 and the last one 2020. I assume the Fantastic Four will be in 2020 based on the order they listed.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that screamed out loud when Elsa Bloodstone showed up.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So positive gameplay impressions from ignorant
So we know the first w dlc come out in 2019 and the last one 2020. I assume the Fantastic Four will be in 2020 based on the order they listed.
I doubt it's a specific order, I'm sure they were doing just a general tease and want the Fantastic Four in as soon as possible. But I guess we'll find out in a few months

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's sure to be some Nintendo characters to unlock too, yeah? Who would fit the most? Captain Falcon? Give him a team bonus with Captains America and Marvel?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Also important details from the e3 page
EhBegP9.png
This should be added to the opening post.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
This looks so much better than the dreadful MUA2. It's almost exactly what I've wanted in a sequel to MUA. Really happy with the main roster choices so far, and the DLC selection should round things out really well.

I was already buying this at launch, but now I'm counting down the days.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So there are more than 4 powers for each character??? Feel like this should be highlighted as alot of folks were rightfully upset about it.

According to the Nintendo rep who was doing the IGN play yep! And he says a lot of the fun is coming up with your own builds for each character. Also the official mua3 website makes it sound like there is more and you can pick from 4. I have the exact quote in another of my posts where he talks about picking skills

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
T1mUlZC.jpg

Really looking forward to this. Looks a lot better than MUA 1 and 2. A lot flashier and more omph in attacks.
I really hope you can turn off the colored outlines though. It takes away from the look of the characters to me.
Keep the colored circle under the heroes, that should be enough.

Yeah those colored outlines are really bothering me. Game looks fun otherwise but god damn that outline on the characters is hideous.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo yesterday specifically didn't want to talk about costumes. We know they are in. We know you unlock some through infinity trials. Beyond that we don't know.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I saw this yesterday and I straight up immediately redeemed my second Nintendo ticket for this. Can't wait. Time to buy more tickets for Pokemon and Link's Awakening...

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's sure to be some Nintendo characters to unlock too, yeah? Who would fit the most? Captain Falcon? Give him a team bonus with Captains America and Marvel?
I really want this to be honest. I would be fun to have Samus and others like how they were originally planned in the earlier games. Just as some easter eggs.