• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite things were teamup moves from the old games and the names for them. They were so random and fun

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm watching the footage from Treehouse yesterday, and I'm going to have a really hard time picking a main team. All of the characters they're showing look fantastic. The animations, colors, and designs are all just stellar. If they introduce an endless grindable mode I'll eventually level them all to the level cap.

Hnnghhhh I've waited so long for a great sequel, and it's almost here!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
are we assuming characters like Colossus and Cyclops who are in the story mode are DLC or hidden characters?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
are we assuming characters like Colossus and Cyclops who are in the story mode are DLC or hidden characters?
Late game unlockables. Deadpool shows a character can appear without joining you right away. Cyclops and Colossus are heavy hitters so it makes sense that they don't join your team until later so they can have a bigger impact in the overall plot before they join

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
So uh.. did the website just drop this bomb and it just flew over most of our heads? On the Heroes tab:

Meaning.. each character doesn't only have 4 abilities? There's more but you can only equip four of them? So.. like previous MUAs? Or is this generous wording?

EDIT: I just watched the IGN Live Twitch stream that Absent Breeze linked above... in that video, around 7:34:30 or so, they mention "I want skill #1, #4, #6..."

Holy shit. This game is apex Marvel.

I just watched it and yeah, this is a bombshell for me. I was already pretty excited but there was a nagging in the back of head about how only 4 moves may still feel just a little limited.

My only thought is maybe not everyone has the same amount of moves and that's why they had been constantly saying 4 up till now? Otherwise I can't think of why they wouldn't mention this sooner!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For those joining the thread on the new page, here are the renders you may have missed.
hero_ms-marvel.png
hero_captain-marvel.png
hero_star-lord.png
hero_scarlet-witch.png
hero_miles-morales.png
hero_black-panther.png
hero_storm.png
hero_falcon.png
hero_spider-gwen.png
hero_rocket-and-groot.png
hero_luke-cage.png
hero_gamora.png
hero_nightcrawler.png
hero_drax.png
hero_captain-america.png
hero_iron-man.png
hero_thor.png
hero_hulk.png
hero_black-widow.png
hero_hawkeye.png
hero_spider-man.png
hero_wolverine.png
hero_magneto.png
hero_wasp.png
hero_ghost-rider.png
hero_psylocke.png
hero_deadpool.png
hero_elsa-bloodstone.png
hero_daredevil.png
hero_doctor-strange.png
hero_iron-fist.png
hero_venom.png
hero_crystal.png
hero_elektra.png

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I like Deadpool's X-Men costume with the apron and toque :v
switch_mua3_e3_char_dg2jxl.jpg

... Toque?

I'm happy that the costume features additions to the model, and isn't just a palette swap/reskin. That'd work for most costumes for guys like Spidey or Wolverine, but I'd like other stuff you can't pull off with just a new skin, like Cyclops with/without his hair, Nightcrawler as a pirate, Starlord's old comic outfit, Blade's dumb goggle look, and all that.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Yes, like a cook's hat. Sorry if I used the wrong word :p I'm not sure if that's how you translate it to English.

Haha, no, I looked it up, and it's actually my bad. Apparently "toque" is in fact the formal name for a chef hat. In Canada (on the west coast, at least) it only seems to refer to knitted caps ("beanies" in the US).

I really hope Spider-Man has an alternate Fisherman/Archery costumes.

dKJ3VkR.jpg

OP
OP
PadWarrior

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, no, I looked it up, and it's actually my bad. Apparently "toque" is in fact the formal name for a chef hat. In Canada (on the west coast, at least) it only seems to refer to knitted caps ("beanies" in the US).

I really hope Spider-Man has an alternate Fisherman/Archery costumes.

dKJ3VkR.jpg
Lol!!!!!! This is as good as BagMan lol

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
This game seems like the perfect marriage of UA1 and UA2, incorporating the great qualities of both. They've also done an excellent job with content and customization options. The news that there's more than 4 special moves available for each character broke me. I can already see myself attempting to max out every effing character in this game.

Oct 27, 2017
I really like that we have a Fantastic Four pack, glad they aren't being left out entirely.

Also really like that we get another X-Men pack, I wonder how many character we get, also hoping for some story content/cut scenes. Really want the Fantastic Four and the new X-Men to have some interactions with the rest of the cast.

Hoping for Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, and Cable.

TotalMackerel

Oct 26, 2017
Leaning towards hidden characters for me.
Late game unlockables. Deadpool shows a character can appear without joining you right away. Cyclops and Colossus are heavy hitters so it makes sense that they don't join your team until later so they can have a bigger impact in the overall plot before they join
They'll probably show up as playable in the base game later in the story.

I'm hoping this is the case, but I could definitely see them being DLC. Especially now that we know there will be additional story elements in the DLC, I could see Cyclops and Colossus going off on a side/supporting mission and encountering other heroes there.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Heck I don't mind if you can't make them transparent.
I'll work on the other Black Order members before I upload them. But yeah, as of now, Supergiant won't have a transparent render until Nintendo/Marvel/Team Ninja releases it themselves. I already finished working on Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian's render.

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kamala Khan looks so freaking amazing. Then you have Wolverine, nightcrawler, Starlord, just the whole cast looks great.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So Marc who was in the tree house yesterday syas that there is even more characters that be revealed before launch.

He's the story writer for the game and the guy who did the majority of roster picks so his word is gospel
I really like that we have a Fantastic Four pack, glad they aren't being left out entirely.

Also really like that we get another X-Men pack, I wonder how many character we get, also hoping for some story content/cut scenes. Really want the Fantastic Four and the new X-Men to have some interactions with the rest of the cast.

Hoping for Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, and Cable.
what are these going to be? Just characters? Or story aswell?
everything from the e3 site
EhBegP9_d.jpg

PadWarrior please either threadmark this post or add this image to the op