• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that there are few MCU characters being missing like Valkyrie, Ant-Man, Winter Solider, Wasp, Hawkeye, War Machine, etc. Also there are few missing popular modern characters like Ms. Marvel, etc.

I think we might get few more characterss announcement in the future. I wouldn't expect that much tho.

Edited: also thanks for the list, y'all.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious about this game's development history; given how long ago KT first talked up their big Western IP collaboration, I doubt this began development as a Switch exclusive, and probably not as an MUA game, either. And of course, Marvel's X-Men/FF licensing embargo only lifted fairly recently, too late for any of those characters to appear in MvCI or Lego MSH 2.

The "embargo" could have been lifted before LEGO MSH 2 came out, but too late in development to change anything. 2 years of dev time is fairly likely imo.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm really curious about this game's development history; given how long ago KT first talked up their big Western IP collaboration, I doubt this began development as a Switch exclusive, and probably not as an MUA game, either. And of course, Marvel's X-Men/FF licensing embargo only lifted fairly recently, too late for any of those characters to appear in MvCI or Lego MSH 2.
To my knowledge, the X-Men part of the ban ended around summer of 2017, while the Fantastic Four part ended more recently. This would explain how the X-Men are present but not the Fantastic Four (who I could see being added as DLC later).

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men are very popular, Wolverine is largely the most recognizable and beloved fixture of that team(and extremely popular himself, if not moreso than the X-Men as an entity), thus having him front and center ensures awareness that...yes, Wolverine and the X-Men are in. It's a selling point worth marketing.

Also, Logan isn't exactly a "Loner" despite what the Fox films may make you think. In the books, he is loyal as fuck to the team(and he is almost always on some team of sorts). He will occasionally break off and do his own thing when it is important enough, often in emergency situations that are personal, but he isn't really the "fuck off" type in response to his teammates like Hugh Jackman portrayed. He will argue and often fights over how to conduct missions, but he actually does care quite a bit about the mission and is loyal as hell to his friends and other X-Men.
Edit: I just repeated what you said. Never Mind.

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that there are few MCU characters being missing like Valkyrie, Ant-Man, Winter Solider, Wasp, Hawkeye, War Machine, etc. Also there are few missing popular modern characters like Ms. Marvel, etc.

I think we might get few more characterss announcement in the future. I wouldn't expect that much tho.

Edited: also thanks for the list, y'all.
Japanese trailer months ago said over 30 characters.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
In a way he's a god send when it comes to being eyecatching on store shelves, what with his solid-yellow color scheme, which probably plays a major part of it.
X-Men are very popular, Wolverine is largely the most recognizable and beloved fixture of that team(and extremely popular himself, if not moreso than the X-Men as an entity), thus having him front and center ensures awareness that...yes, Wolverine and the X-Men are in. It's a selling point worth marketing.
You push a character and him too will become just as popular. Wolverine can easily be replaced by any hero on that list. Hell Spiderman would make more sense in front of that art. Wolverine is in the front so much, that's its so common and so predictable for him to be place in the front. Personally hes an eyesore to me and would rather see any other hero in the front taking up majority of that space.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
You push a character and him too will become just as popular. Wolverine can easily be replaced by any hero on that list. He'll Spiderman would make more sense in front of that art. Wolverine is in the front so much, that's its so common and so predictable for him to be place in the front. Personally hes an eyesore to me and would rather see any other hero in the front taking up majority of that space.
It's common cuz that's how Marvel Comics likes it to be. He's basically their mascot mutant.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I do not like Wolverine but it is undeniable that he is one of Marvel's most popular characters AND the most popular mutant. Discussing that is not worth it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I wonder if this means they're gonna start putting trailers for this before films like Endgame. Would make perfect sense for all parties involved.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Crystal's not on the cover, huh? So we could potentially be getting more characters that aren't on the cover, right?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Needs more X-Men. And the FF.

I see the Inhumans are already being swept under the promotional rug though.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I hope we get another couple of X-men characters so I can field a full team and pretend it's X-men Legends 3 :D

Colossus would be great for the 1980s team, but I wonder if they'll pop in Cyclops and Jean Grey too.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Glad the main spider-verse trio are in, and there are no major omissions due to movie shenanigans anymore (besides the Fantastic Four RIP)

Yeah, other than the lack of FF I'd say the only real noteworthy snub here is Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel, which is weird since Marvel has been pretty consistent in including her in majority of their games in the past few years.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Needs more X-Men. And the FF.

I see the Inhumans are already being swept under the promotional rug though.
We're still missing characters like Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, & Ant-Man. So beyond maybe Cyclops, I'm not sure if we'll get many more X-Men.

Also, I feel like the F4 may be DLC.

Yeah, other than the lack of FF I'd say the only real noteworthy snub here is Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel, which is weird since Marvel has been pretty consistent in including her in majority of their games in the past few years.
You mean on the cover? There's still a chance that Kamala is in the base roster.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
We're still missing characters like Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, & Ant-Man. So beyond maybe Cyclops, I'm not sure if we'll get many more X-Men.

You mean on the cover? There's still a chance that Kamala is in the base roster.

Yeah definitely could be the case. Ultimate Alliance 2 also had DLC characters, so that's another possibility.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

Even if DLC I'd like to see some more X-Men make it (Colossus, Psylocke, Rogue, Magneto, Cable, Emma, Kitty & Lockheed, etc). I agree with probably at least Cyclops making it giving a solid team of four X-People (no Deadpool and Wanda don't count).

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah definitely could be the case. Ultimate Alliance 2 also had DLC characters, so that's another possibility.
Yeah, not everyone is gonna be on the cover, & we know that we're getting over 30 characters. Kamala could very well be one of those characters. But yeah, she could also be saved for DLC.

Even if DLC I'd like to see some more X-Men make it (Colossus, Psylocke, Rogue, Magneto, Cable, Emma, Kitty & Lockheed, etc). I agree with probably at least Cyclops making it giving a solid team of four X-People (no Deadpool and Wanda don't count).
We could also get Jean Grey/Phoenix in the base roster, but I feel like the base roster X-Men inclusions may end at her & Cyclops (especially considering the other omissions).

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
I can't freaking wait for this one. Loved the original two -- can't wait to play this with my daughter now that she's old enough to get into these types of games.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully I can pick up a preowned Switch this summer for cheap. Just want one for this game alone.

Saying that, it feels like a game that should have been released alongside Infinity War given the Black Order...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Note traditionally mua covers only have a third of the main roster and mainly features story and not bonus unlockables
Falcon. Squadron Supreme is too niche for a game like this, only maybe in DLC
They got a signal boost from avengers assemble and I'd say Hyperion as part of a cabal enemy group is possible
I see some new characters confirmed so do anyone have the list ready for all known characters in the game?
I'll be updating my speculation thread shortly

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't know Daredevil made the cut! Nice also seeing Carol make close to front and center of the cover.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
We're up to 27 characters (28 if Lockjaw and Crystal aren't a duo character like Rocket and Groot). Did an update post in the speculation thread. The launch roster is Now bigger than the originals pre dlc

With duo characters being a thing, my most hoped for hidden character has to be Howard the duck riding Man thing

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
I need ant man in this too.
I'm assuming he will be since it's based on (launching around the hype of) the MCU?

Edit: Where is Luke Cage and Jessica Jones? And Punisher?
I want so badly for this to be on a different system. Don't get me wrong, I love my Switch, but the game looks terrible and I can't help but think it's a power thing.
This post was not well thought out...prefacing that you love your switch doesn't make your comment not pretty terrible since the "look" has nothing to do with Switch's power. You will probably be ripped for this post multiple times...

Last edited:

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want so badly for this to be on a different system. Don't get me wrong, I love my Switch, but the game looks terrible and I can't help but think it's a power thing.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
This previous games looked terrible. It's not a power thing, it's the style of game that it is. The Diablo's and Gauntlet's of the world aren't exactly lookers either.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
I'm so hype for this. Can't believe Miles made the cut, I wonder of it has something to do with the popularity of his recent movie. What am I saying? Of course it has.
I see Gamora and Drax are not in the cover, so is right to assume we'll get more playable characters than what we're seeing in here.

but the game looks terrible
What...?
and I can't help but think it's a power thing.
WHAT?!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
??? The footage weve seen looks fine so far
Mmm, it looks okay. I think the dynamic camera thing is throwing me off, it kind of presents the game in a cinematic way that the visuals and animations don't really put up their end of the bargain on.

I'm still hopeful! But I haven't been too terribly blown away yet. I'm excited to learn more about skill trees and that kind of thing.