• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
What moves do you guys think Cyke will have?

The kind that delayed him until August 30, because you know he would just one-shot all the bosses.

2KxZeAu.jpg

Z9Cc7lF.jpg

Giant Krakoa / Brood clone hybrid whatever? No problem.

latest

5191866-3382298-0735029195-tumblr_l28254nqnj1qbm9ur.jpg

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just picked up my copy along with a Far From Home Spidey figure!

Looking forward to a very Marvel day!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
DIdn't they reveal some of the alternate skins recently? I can't seem to find anything about it but I kinda remember seeing something. Maybe it was just wishful thinking?

Anyway, I'm wondering if they have a short-haired Thor that's based on Ragnarok or Infinity War. Best Thor.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mine finally went live. IDK how nintendo's shit works, takes time to populate all their servers or what, smash was like 15 minutes later for me than everyone else.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game so far, it's just fun to play with great character selection, the performance has also been great so far and haven't really noticed anything in terms of bad performance. I've done 3 infinity trials but can only 2 star them at the moment, not enough damage output yet to get those 3rd stars.

Also filling the screen with supers looks so damn cool

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Reviews look ok~ish?

Goddamnit, I'm predisposed to love this game. Please tell me it's worth the $60. I'm currently fighting off buying digital as I want the physical copy.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Okay so out the gate, first fight and I'm learning block and roll are tied to the same button, kinda annoying. The flood of text tutorial with dozens of enemies on screen doesn't help.

Gameplay is super fun though and switching between characters mid combat is exhilarating.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Just to confirm, it's entire story drop-in/out on/offline co-op, right? In other words, I can have two players on one console playing the entire story with a third online.

I'm pretty much buying this to play with friends, so I want to be sure about that. I'm not really a Marvel fan. Performance is really disappointing considering it's a Switch exclusive, and the devs knew what they were working with, but I'm in it for the co-op experience.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Reviews look ok~ish?

Goddamnit, I'm predisposed to love this game. Please tell me it's worth the $60. I'm currently fighting off buying digital as I want the physical copy.
You liked the original MUA games right? This is that with better combat more characters at launch, and by the time dlc is done the most in the series! Also Cyclops and Morbius are coming so are alt costumes

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
Great to have the series back! I'll be picking it up tomorrow, and I can't wait to bring this band back together:

728657.jpg

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You liked the original MUA games right? This is that with better combat more characters at launch, and by the time dlc is done the most in the series! Also Cyclops and Morbius are coming so are alt costumes

This is how I see it. I was a big fan from day one of X-Men Legends. This is definitely better than both X-Men legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. But at the same time, don't go in expecting it to be Marvel Ultimate Alliance meets Diablo 3.

It's what you'd expect Marvel Ultimate Alliance to be on next gen consoles. If that seems like something up your alley, go for it. If not, you probably won't enjoy it.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
This game has more characters than MvC3 and will probably have more characters than UMvC3 once the season pass is done.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Also something major Ryce found

We're getting the first 3 alt costumes with Cyclops and Colossus! Carol is probably Warbird but Hulk and Spidey are anyone's guess

Great find! If you plug in the text:

"本作をご購入いただいた方を対象に、X-Menのリーダー・サイクロプスと金属の皮膚を持つミュータント・コロッサスがプレイアブルキャラクターとして8/30(金)に無料で配信されることが決まりました! またキャプテン・マーベル、ハルク、スパイダーマンの別バージョンコスチュームも同時に配信されます。今後、2020年初頭にかけてすべてのプレイアブルキャラクターの別バージョンコスチュームを無料で配信予定です。"

into Google Translate, you get this (I've bolded what I think is a key bit of info):

"It was decided that X-Men's Leader Cyclops and Mutant Colossus with metal skins will be distributed free of charge as playable characters on August 30 (Fri) for those who purchased this film ! Also, different costumes of Captain Marvel, Hulk and Spiderman will be distributed at the same time. From now on, another version of all playable characters will be distributed free of charge by the beginning of 2020."

Adding to that, there's also this (from the same page, further below) regarding the first DLC pack:

"Now, it has been decided that Moon Knight, Blade, Punisher, and Mobius will be distributed from the "Marvel Knights" series as the first playable characters to be distributed in September 2019. Another version of the playable character costume is also distributed at the same time. Other contents of the first pack will be released in the future."

So my interpretation is: free costumes i.e., "another version" for all the playable characters will be distributed as the game is updated. If so, this is developer support/GAAS that I can truly appreciate.

Disclaimer: this is from Google Translate.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I wish performance was a bit better. The lack of anti-aliasing in a lot of Switch games makes things look really dated.