• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
That's fair.

Btw Deadpool is literally on the boxart, so I don't think you need to spoiler tag his name.
Fair point. Truthfully, it feels like there's lots of stuff that I've been spoiled in this thread since people are more carefree about locations/characters that I figured just in case someone hasn't looked at the box art (like me) and dont want to be spoiled (Like the guy a couple posts above)

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Fair point. Truthfully, it feels like there's lots of stuff that I've been spoiled in this thread since people are more carefree about locations/characters that I figured just in case someone hasn't looked at the box art (like me) and dont want to be spoiled (Like the guy a couple posts above)
There is a Mark spoilers warning in the ot title, but anything covered in promotional material or on the official website(such as all but one of the unlockable characters) is fair game for discussion

Also open spoilers begin friday

Would Miles/Spider-Gwen count or is that a Into The Spider-Verse only thing?
Eh there's some alt universe stuff but in the comics outside of the events Spidergwen tends to stick to her own universe. So it's not a main thing

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
There is a Mark spoilers warning in the ot title, but anything covered in promotional material or on the official website(such as all but one of the unlockable characters) is fair game for discussion

Also open spoilers begin friday

I guess so. I haven't been following the promotional material in terms of characters/location areas so its my bad. I guess thats on me who would prefer to be cautious vs. not.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Was weird to realize that Black Widow seems to benefit more from Mastery vs Strength when considering the damage type of 3/4 of her specials.

One question: Do we know what the damage types of all basic attacks are? Like would Scarlet Witch or Crystal use mastery for their basic attack damage or is it still strength?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Very little knowledge about this game bar being a big marvel fan. Going to start playing tonight. Cram in some Marvel time between Destiny 2 stuff and then try to mix in Fire Emblem Three Houses tomorrow too.

Any tips/info people think I should know before jumping into this?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys switch teams? Like how do you prevent yourself from being like "I love playing as these 4, but I just got introduced to 3 new characters"

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Any tips/info people think I should know before jumping into this?

The game really wants you to use "synergy" attacks (combination attacks of two characters) to break enemy defenses. Also note that some attacks can be charged, especially the rush types, like Captain America's shield bash.

Zimmy68

Feb 19, 2019
User warned: "lazy dev" rhetoric is not allowed. Please review our FAQ.
Wow, just saw a video that all the alt costumes are just paint swaps. If you told me that I wouldn't believe you.
How lazy you can you get?
Before it was released, I was joking that this was basically a $60 mobile game. Sucks to be right.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
is it better to use synergy attacks to knock down he purple bar? Or just use heavy on the purple bars and then go HAM on synergy attacks to stun?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, just saw a video that all the alt costumes are just paint swaps. If you told me that I wouldn't believe you.
How lazy you can you get?
Before it was released, I was joking that this was basically a $60 mobile game. Sucks to be right.
We're getting free costumes as DLC. I'd personally take a large base roster with one costume each over a small base roster with multiple costumes.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
We're getting free costumes as DLC. I'd personally take a large base roster with one costume each over a small base roster with multiple costumes.

This is a bit of an unfair comparison, it's not like creating characters and creating costumes are acts of similar workloads, nor is it really a "one or the other," situation.

It seems to me that they could have had real costumes in the base game, but they decided that including them in their post launch plans made the game more valuable. We haven't really seen what those plans are exactly, so I'll save judgment for then, but nothing stops the color swap costumes from being, uh, bad. I just don't like handwaving away bad costumes (look at Hawkeye's!) with "but we have..."

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I know the MUA3 models make simple paintovers not really possible, but the lack of costumes is really my biggest gripe. Spider-Man for PS4 included a buttload of costumes, and each one of them had a much higher level of graphical fidelity than anything in MUA3.

Is there any facial animation in the game, not counting the pre-rendered cutscenes?

Naru

May 11, 2019
What level are you supposed to be for superior difficulty? I am level 45 and do basically no damage on the first boss...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know the MUA3 models make simple paintovers not really possible, but the lack of costumes is really my biggest gripe. Spider-Man for PS4 included a buttload of costumes, and each one of them had a much higher level of graphical fidelity than anything in MUA3.

Is there any facial animation in the game, not counting the pre-rendered cutscenes?
We're apparently getting alternate costumes as free DLC. Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, & Hulk are getting costumes on August 30th.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

That's a single character and ok point, they all have the same base. Whereas each one here has to be checked on a different character sometimes even altering visual effects

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
That's a single character and ok point, they all have the same base. Whereas each one here has to be checked on a different character sometimes even altering visual effects

Eh, the Spider-Man models all have bespoke modeled details (often with quite a bit more geometry beyond the base model, like all the armour suits), textures, and shaders, as well as having to work with the eye animation system. Ghost Spider also has the fire effect, and there are physics on some of the tops they wear.

I mean, obviously it's due to budget and they felt their effort was best put elsewhere, but the costume variety was one of the things I really liked about the MUA1 "this is celebrating the Marvel Universe" vibe. The scope on MUA3 feels lower (for me, at least) because they're presenting one specific vision of the Marvel universe.

The costumes also gave more incentive to play each character beyond just leveling them up, too.

Oh well. I'm glad to hear they'll be adding free costumes going forward, though. Hoping they get to skins for my Deadpool/Venom/Wolverine team in addition to Spider-Man eventually.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please explain to me how to beat
Doctor Strange fight. Getting my ass kicked here and back. Is there a trick Im missing?

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
White and Blue ISO-8 are the only normal ones that are worth keeping, because they provide drop chance increase and team/individual xp increase, right?

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Any tips on how to beat Wolverine's solo trial in under 2:45?

My Wolverine is level 52 and it still feels very out of reach

Edit: nevermind, all it took was a few XP cubes lmao

Last edited:

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I just got really bummed out about how Nintendo does their family sharing plans. With PS4, my son's PS4 is the Primary and my PS4 always has to be logged in, which is fine, and I just have to buy a digital game once and both PS4s can play the game. I do this with Destiny and Call of Duty and many other games that my son and I play together. I thought the Switch worked in the same way, and it does, to an extent, but I just found out today that you can't play online together using account sharing. It pops an an error saying you can't join the game because both accounts are sharing the 1 digital copy.

I guess I should expect to pay for the game twice to play on 2 consoles together, but that's not how Sony does it....

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Man, I just got really bummed out about how Nintendo does their family sharing plans. With PS4, my son's PS4 is the Primary and my PS4 always has to be logged in, which is fine, and I just have to buy a digital game once and both PS4s can play the game. I do this with Destiny and Call of Duty and many other games that my son and I play together. I thought the Switch worked in the same way, and it does, to an extent, but I just found out today that you can't play online together using account sharing. It pops an an error saying you can't join the game because both accounts are sharing the 1 digital copy.

I guess I should expect to pay for the game twice to play on 2 consoles together, but that's not how Sony does it....
Can't you circumvent it with another profile?

But I guess you'd have to buy online for that account.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
Can't you circumvent it with another profile?

But I guess you'd have to buy online for that account.

Don't think so. My son has his own profile on his switch. His switch is the primary. I have my own profile on my switch. My switch has to phone home each time I launch a game.

We can both play simultaneously, we just can't play TOGETHER.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Don't think so. My son has his own profile on his switch. His switch is the primary. I have my own profile on my switch. My switch has to phone home each time I launch a game.

We can both play simultaneously, we just can't play TOGETHER.
Huh, I was led to believe that two sharing Switches can play together as long as one user (primary) picks a different profile than the one that owns the game.

I've been entertaining the notion of buying another Switch for my friends, so I better look into it.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Weird as I've had it work for me on numerous occasions.

Game is bought on my Switch Profile.

My account Primary is on another Switch. That switch can play games on any account.

My Switch games can only be played on my account on my Switch.

Can both play online together.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I play online, but I only play with friends. Maybe others are focusing on friends as well. I'd probably play the game solo before playing with randoms online.

So I've played a bunch of matches. It's not so bad with randoms. So far every player I've played with has been similar level character and pretty good.

I've been steamrolling the omega infinites with randoms online. It seems much easier. It just takes time to find someone I guess.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I wish you could just level all your characters without repeating content over and over and over again (grinding). I don't understand how people find this is fun. I don't want handouts but just doing higher story difficulties and doing all the trials without repeating stuff should be enough imho.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Unlocked 3/4 of the infinity trial characters.

A team of that one person who starts at lv 45, thor, venom, and ghost rider synergizes pretty well.

Last character...ouch. might have to finish superior first. My highest character is only 54 right now.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Looks like more data mining info is being found out, this time by sound files from the game. Spoiler-tagging

If this is legit, it's sad that certain inhumans may not playable
Black Bolt, Medusa, & Valkyrie literally have everything else needed to be playable (more so than most of those other characters besides Vision). I'm not too worried.