• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Main_Banner.png

General Info:
Developer:
Team Ninja
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: July 19, 2019
Genre: Action RPG
Price: $60
Size: 13.2 GB
Players: 1-4(same console, local, and online)
Launch Trailer

AboutTwoPointO.png

A universe spanning adventure, this Action Rpg allows you to create any team of four you want out of Marvel Heroes and Villains spanning the entire Marvel universe. An original take on the Infinity Gauntlet storyline inspired by what went before this new story is a standalone adventure for those who haven't played the previous games. Feel free to play with up to three additional friends on the same system, local wireless, or online with drop in drop out coop. With RPG elements varying from level up characters to unlock new skills(buffs but mainly special attacks) along with ISO-8 materials allowing you to customize characters in a variety of way. Along with those gained in Story mode there are additional characters, costumes and items to unlock in Infinity Trials.
Playable_Characters.png

Here are the Base 34 officially announced characters
Icon_Roster.png

Of these 32 are unlocked via story, 3 are Infinity Trial unlocks being Elektra, Magneto and Loki.
D_yVVQQU8AEhwO8.jpg:large

There is 1 additional character however as It has not been officially shown it is considered a spoiler
The Final Infinity Trial Unlock are Thanos. Prepare for a difficult battle.
Post Release Free DLC has been confirmed:
August 20th: Cyclops and Colossus

Likely more to come
Modes.png

Story:
Go through an adventure over a variety of chapters while visiting various iconic Locations and unlocking tons of characters. This starts with two difficulties: Friendly(easy), and Mighty(normal). There are also Infinity Rift challenges you can find throughout the story for additional challenges and rewards
Infinity Trial:
Challenges with a variety of unlocks from various items(exp boosters, credits, re-colors, and Characters)
New Game Plus:
After beating the story there is a new difficulty Superior and other changes to the story that have not been fully revealed. I will flesh out this section later.
Online:
Available in most modes once you reach the first checkpoint. The way it works is that the host chooses the level, and can bring people online with them locally. Each online player chooses one character other than the host(who fills any empty slots). The host can swap between their characters, but others are locked in. Only each player's respective characters level up and bring each players' respective stats. All loot gained in the level is shared.
More to Come? DLC has been confirmed to have more modes.

RPG_Elements.png

Each character has four skills they unlock as they level up, starting with one. Each skill can be individually leveled up. They also have four ISO-8 slots that get unlocked as you level up and these can be crucial to adapting for later missions. A lab for upgrading and selling ISO-8 unlocks later in game.

Just remember if you are having trouble with a boss, check your levels and team build, also adjust your ISO 8's

There are several Items you can collect, Experience boosters called EXP cubes, AP orbs for upgrading skills, Credits and several other items

DLC.png

Marvel Knights release on September 30
According to Nintendo UK
First DLC pack is Marvel Knights, with X-men and Fantastic Four to follow. More than four characters will show up but the playable amount is unknown. Each DLC pack will have a new story chapter. There will also be free DLC characters, the first being Cyclops and Colossus on August 30
Free alt costumes will also be continually added to the game till Q1 2020
D_yXIN6UcAAJTo_.jpg:large

Thanks to Ryce translating from the Nintendo Japan website we now know the first 3 free dlc costumes will be for Captain Marvel, Hulk and Spider-Man and release alongside Cyclops and Colossus August 30
FAQ.png

Q: When Will open Spoilers be allowed?
A: Two Weeks After Launch
Q: Where is the Launch Trailer?
A: It will be added when it goes live

Since it will be mentioned and discussed, here is a small section on the recent Datamined info:

Dataminers have found four more base playable character placeholders in the code. They are: Black Bolt, Medusa, Valkyrie, and Vision.

Also more costumes and 50 Blank DLC placeholder slots(which don't mean anything specific)

Special Thanks to Muzy for the help

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm gonna wait for the reviews to drop before deciding on if I should get the game now or later. But still, solid OP.

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT, Mandos!! Excited to grab this one when I finally can!! The roster is really impressive, and the upcoming contents sound promising, too!

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to be able to talk about team configurations!

I keep changing team members!

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for my copy to arrive tomorrow. I've only played the first Marvel Alliance game, so it'll be cool to try this one. Maybe I'll be able to get my wife to join me.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
It unlocked for me a few minutes ago.
First impression is pretty positive. The combat already feels much more involved than in the past. The visuals are nice and I love the UI, it's super slick.
Not crazy about the camera though. I kinda wish it was locked in place at all times.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'd imagine that most of the prominent NPCs are gonna be free DLC at some point if Cyclops & Colossus are any indication. Beyond the leaked 4, the only ones who are unaccounted for are Ant-Man, Jessica Jones, & Winter Soldier.
JJ seems like she'll be in the Knights pack since they said it'll be more than those they shown.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm not sure what the majority thinks but I really really like the way the character models look and how they are rendered, seems the closest to the comic book art yet.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Woah major stuff from the Press release!

Free costumes for all base characters!

For the first time in the series, Loki joins the alliance as a playable character in the MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order game, according to information revealed at the Marvel Games panel at San Diego Comic-Con today. The game also will be getting free updates, as well as a series of paid DLC packs. These revelations were made just hours before the July 19 launch of the Nintendo Switch game.

The panel announced that new playable characters Cyclops and Colossus would arrive as part of a free update to the game on Aug. 30, followed by a series of alternate outfits for all of the playable characters in the game after launch through Q1 of 2020.
With the paid Expansion Pass for $19.99, players get access to three exclusive DLC packs as they release. These packs, which won't be available for individual purchase, will include story content and playable characters from popular franchises like the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Marvel Knights. The first paid DLC pack is due to arrive sometime this fall and will add Moon Knight, Blade, Punisher and Morbius to the playable roster of characters. Details about the two additional paid DLC packs will be announced in the future.
MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order involves a huge cast of Marvel Super Heroes that includes Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Captain America, the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men, to name just a few. Players can team up with friends* to prevent galactic devastation at the hands of the mad cosmic tyrant Thanos and his ruthless warmasters, The Black Order.
For more information about MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order, visit https://marvelultimatealliance3.nintendo.com.

*Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pump as fuck. Ready for some joyful button mashing RPG stuff. Let's do thisssss

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
With the Marvel Knights pack confirmed for September, I could see the first "season" of DLC looking something like this:
  • August - Cyclops & Colossus (FREE)
  • September - Marvel Knights pack
  • October - Black Bolt & Medusa (FREE)
  • November - X-Men pack
  • December - Vision & Valkyrie (FREE)
  • January - Fantastic Four pack

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So when is the review embargo? Launch day? Really?
10 minutes
With the Marvel Knights pack confirmed for September, I could see the first "season" of DLC looking something like this:
  • August - Cyclops & Colossus (FREE)
  • September - Marvel Knights pack
  • October - Black Bolt & Medusa (FREE)
  • November - X-Men pack
  • December - Vision & Valkyrie (FREE)
  • January - Fantastic Four pack
Yeah I could see this

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so excited by the continued support this game is getting. It seems like Nintendo and Team Ninja had been good about that for the "Warriors" series, so it's great they are continuing that here.