• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
You liked the original MUA games right? This is that with better combat more characters at launch, and by the time dlc is done the most in the series! Also Cyclops and Morbius are coming so are alt costumes
Goddamnit. I couldn't resist.

I bought physical on Amazon...and got one-day. It'll be here tomorrow.

Btw, Amazon Prime has it for 49.99 in the US. Shipping blows and had me at the 22nd. Release day shipping was 4 dollars.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Was just gonna pick it up digitally but saved about 10 bucks getting it off amazon. I'll be playing it Saturday most likely. Should be a fantastic Marvel day.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Since it appears that free costumes will be released in sets of three, updates will have to be issued approximately twice a month in order to get them all out by the end of Q1 2020 as planned. Nintendo seems to have high hopes for this game.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I want this. But paid dlc is a huge turn off. I'll wait for a complete version

As a Nintendo-published title, it's pretty unlikely it'll get a complete version beyond the already-existing bundle unless the game gets ported to another system (like how Hyrule Warriors and other games have received "complete edition" releases on Switch). But we might get a sale later that brings the total down to $60.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Got the pass, Deadpool is level 21 and has all attacks already, a little boost for the early game. :D

Mhhhh can they add the option in to use the alternate costume without the chef hat and pinny? Cause there's a real alternative X-Force costume under it.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone compare the gameplay? Does it feel like a Diablo game or like a Gauntlet game?

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any legit places to buy eshop credit? I really want to buy this now and download it to play with friends tomorrow morning
Costco sells $50 eshop cards for $45. And you don't even need to be a member to buy. Mass genie sells $50 eshop cards for $42 every so often and that was what I used for my voucher for this game.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Costco sells $50 eshop cards for $45. And you don't even need to be a member to buy. Mass genie sells $50 eshop cards for $42 every so often and that was what I used for my voucher for this game.

Can you use an eshop card to purchase a voucher?

$90 for the $99 voucher plus $5 back in gold coins makes each game $42 or so.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
For anybody who wants to see the beginning and also check out how local coop works, here is a video I made covering all of that. Let me know if you want to know anything, I've put in about 10-ish hours so far.
https://youtu.be/CtvgQbhc01c

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointed how Rocket's gun feels, but for the most part, the characters have the moves you want. Can't help but smile when trying out the the moves for the Avengers.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hmmm they recycled the Spider-Man PS4 voice cast. Kinda makes you wonder if they occur in universe together.
Not really, Kingpin isn't voiced by Travis Willingham in this game (Travis is actually noticeably absent from this game, with Thor being voiced by EMH's Rick D. Wasserman).

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Played about an hour before heading to bed, I adore it so far. I love everything about this game, I know this isn't the "MCU", but seeing the characters interact with each other via cutscenes and such feels so MCU-esque. Especially in the intro scene, I laughed a good portion just because it was great being back in the world of Marvel, again. Can't wait to play more, and absolutely happy I went with the Season Pass version.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game actually looks significantly better than I expected.

I actually wonder what 360 or mobile games some people are playing, cause this looks miles better than any I knew, actually performs decently too.

Voice cast

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We now have the full voice cast for MUA3.
  • Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers): Erica Lindbeck
  • Wolverine: Steve Blum
  • Spider-Man (Peter Parker): Yuri Lownethal
  • Iron Man: Eric Loomis
  • Deadpool: Nolan North
  • Storm: Mara Junot
  • Miles Morales: Nadji Jeter
  • Spider-Gwen: Allegra Clark
  • Black Widow: Laura Bailey
  • Black Panther: James C. Mathis III
  • Thor: Rick D. Wasserman
  • Nightcrawler: Liam O'Brien
  • Psylocke: Erica Lindbeck
  • Star-Lord: Scott Porter
  • Captain America: Brian Bloom
  • Rocket: Nolan North
  • Groot: Adam Harrington
  • Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan): Kathreen Khavari
  • Hulk: Fred Tatasciore
  • Daredevil: Brian Bloom
  • Venom: Steve Blum
  • Gamora: Vanessa Marshall
  • Drax: Brandon Paul Eells
  • Scarlet Witch: Kate Higgins
  • Doctor Strange: Liam O'Brien
  • Falcon: Bumper Robinson
  • Luke Cage: James C. Mathis III
  • Crystal: Mary Faber
  • Elektra: Kathryn Cressida
  • Iron Fist: Johnny Yong Bosch
  • Magneto: Tom Kane
  • Ghost Rider: Fred Tatasciore
  • Elsa Bloodstone: Kari Wahlgren
  • Wasp (Janet van Dyne): Kari Wahlgren
  • Hawkeye: Chris Cox
  • Loki: Jason Spisak
  • Thanos: Isaac C. Singleton Jr.
  • Cyclops: Scott Porter
  • Colossus: Chris Cox
  • Black Bolt: Liam O'Brien
  • Medusa: Mary Faber
  • Valkyrie: Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
  • Vision: David Kaye
  • Beast: Fred Tatasciore
  • Nova (Richard Rider): Robbie Daymond
  • Cosmo: James Arnold Taylor
  • Jessica Jones: Tara Strong
  • Ant-Man (Scott Lang): Josh Keaton
  • Nick Fury: John Eric Bentley
  • Gorgon: Crispin Freeman
  • Lockjaw: Adam Harrington
  • Winter Soldier: Ray Chase
  • Odin: Dwight Schultz
  • Proxima Midnight: Kari Wahlgren
  • Ebony Maw: Todd Haberkorn
  • Corvus Glaive: David Kaye
  • Supergiant: Hynden Walch
  • Black Dwarf Cull Obsidian: Jesse Burch
  • Green Goblin: Steve Blum
  • Mysterio: David Kaye
  • Doctor Octopus: William Salyers
  • Nebula: Ashly Burch
  • Ronan: James C. Mathis III
  • Mystique: Sumalee Montano
  • Juggernaut: Peter Lurie
  • Maximus: Diedrich Bader
  • Bullseye: Steve Blum
  • Kingpin: Tim Blaney
  • MODOK: Wally Wingert
  • Ultron: Jim Meskimen
  • Ultimo: Jim Meskimen
  • Dormammu: Phil LaMarr
  • Red Skull: Liam O'Brien
  • Klaw: David Shaughnessy
  • Hela: Nika Futterman
  • Surtur: Jamieson Price

Last edited:

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Damn it's a big boi switch game. I should of finished my workout but I quit early thinking this would be done... only 18 minutes left to download 😭

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You're right, it's odd he isn't here with Yuri and Nolan
Both Travis Willingham & Troy Baker are noticeably absent from this game. It's kinda weird considering that both Laura Bailey & Nolan North are present. Though at the same time, the unionized dub for Marvel Future Avengers (an anime) also has both VAs missing while Laura is still voicing Widow (but in that case, Nolan North was also MIA).

Also, Electro is voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes instead of Josh Keaton (who's Ant-Man).

Last edited:

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay is fun, but not super impressed with handheld performance. Play this docked if you can.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Games fully got its hook on me. I just finished the
Mysterio
fight, and I'm already enjoying the pacing and how quickly these situations ramp up with all the heroes coming to play. The combat is really good and so far Scarlett Witch and Venom are my favorite to play.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the technical issues, game is just fun.
Gameplay is fairly simple but between the fantastic animations and cool special attacks, its incredibly satisfiyng just mowing down enemies. That plus Marvel characters means it has its hooks in me

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game. Just got done with the first major boss.

Only downsides is that the animated scenes aren't that well done and the sound design is trash tier which is a big shame.

But the gameplay loop shines thru. I love it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with this game's pre-release but you don't know how happy I am that they got Yuri Lowenthal to play Spider-Man.

Game is super fun btw, about 2 hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot. Just finished fighting
Mysterio
Think imma take a break now.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Played through chapter 1 and chapter 2 last night.

Its fun. Camera can pretty wonky in cramped spaces, but yeah this is an Ultimate Alliance game. People were a bit concerned about the backgrounds but thats pretty okay. Character models are good though and more importantly, their voice actors are cool. Good to hear the EMH cast again, so thats a big bonus.

Also, I am Groot. He is Groot

Missions itself are pretty fun and snappy with tons of smaller fights in between, at least in the second chapter. Spoilers for the second chapter below;

The Guardians appearing in the Raft was funny, but you encounter so many Heroes early on.

But the Raft easentially is "Hi so I heard you guys like Spider-Man, look at all of these villains." Sandman, Venom, Electro, Mysterio, Doc Ock and Norman, oeh boy.

Loved that in the Norman fight I could chuck back his Pumpkin bombs.

So yeah, first positive impression overall. Only played one Infinity Trial, but fighting with lvl 6 characters against a lvl 7 one... welp. Did finish it though.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Amadeus Amadeus Amadeus Amadeus Amadeus
But that'd be boring and barely be noticeable when you can have suit and Fedora Joe Fixit hulk, or Stache and Shades patriotic Red Hulk, ot Pantheon duds are any other version with a completely noticeable color change and complete outfit that would be something other than different shorts and face

Edit: or heck the super popular Planet Hulk gladiator look, or the fear itself look

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Got to chapter 3. And yeah, visually, handheld mode doesn't look that great. But it performs buttery smooth (though, I'm not really perceptive to large frame-drops until it hits like 10 fps).

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
loving it so far. just got the chapter 3 and calling it for the night. a little on the easier side but should still be fun playing co-op with 3 other buddies. this was exactly what i wanted/needed from a MUA game... mindless, hack and slash fun!

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But that'd be boring and barely be noticeable when you can have suit and Fedora Joe Fixit hulk, or Stache and Shades patriotic Red Hulk, ot Pantheon duds are any other version with a completely noticeable color change and complete outfit that would be something other than different shorts and face

Edit: or heck the super popular Planet Hulk gladiator look, or the fear itself look
Nah, positive and charismatic asian Hulk is objectively a better get than literally any other hulk

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So if i enjoyed inmensely hyrule warriors and played hundreds of hours, will i enjoy this?
(I actually like the fight simplicity it had)
Im not a fan of every marvel character, but i do love a lot of characters that appear in this game and depending of the fun interactioms they have its the type of game is see making me a fan of a bunch more.
How are the character interactions amd how they act to the story?
How good are the unlockable costumes? Please tell me they are not only alt colors.

Last edited:

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I'm playing couch co-op and OMG the camera is HORRIBLE.

It gets hung up on everything, and faces the wrong direction, and won't show when 1 enemy is remaining hiding around a corner or at the far end of a big room.

How can devs playtest and program their own game and think this camera is OK?