• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So I know we have had a few character announcements for the expansion pass. Do we know if were getting any more modes or story stuff? The Store page specifically touts "DLC packs will contain new content such as playable characters, modes, and additional story."
They've basically confirmed each dlc has a new chapter at this point, with Marvel Knights being subtitled: Curse of the Vampire, implying the level is Transylvania and Dracula is the main boss. Modes is more nebulous, could be more infinity trials could be something new or both

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
This game is absolutely a blast. Do you like it more than the previous entries?

I personally do, especially when it comes to its visual design/aesthetics. (Hell, I WISH Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite looked this nice.)

However, I do wish it ran a consistent 30 FPS, as it chugs harshly at points. I hope a future patch either optimizes the game or gives players the option to turn down the visual/particle effects.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
So what are the best overall characters? Are there 8-10 of them that I should focus on leveling after beating the game on Might?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So what are the best overall characters? Are there 8-10 of them that I should focus on leveling after beating the game on Might?

I hate using him, but Cap has an insanely hood stagger and offers a pretty substantial team wide damage buff.

And of course, Ms Marvel and her spin to win move is essential for easy level farming later on.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hulk is amazing for big mobs and stagger
Thor is quite good as well

right now my team is
Hulk / Thor
And switch between wolverine / BP
And tornade / magneto

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I do it's m my favorite of the series.
I need some help from an expert:

I'm like 2 hours in the game (just beat Mysterio), playing on Mighty, and the combat feels really clunky, like I'm doing something wrong, like it just feels like it's taking me too long to kill through trash mobs. I notice that the big enemy types have the purple bars, and you're supposed to deplete those purple bars first... but just, straight up attacking them (?) and then once they're staggered or something, then I'm suppose to just, attack them more (?). I don't get the "strategy" there, it just feels like two health bars, one is purple and one is red. Am I supposed to be doing something differently?

Also yeah, I feel like there's so many enemies on screen, that I just get surrounded and trapped in hit stun by someone hitting me from any direction, and then I start doing a combo, and someone else hits me out of my combo string. It all just feels clunky. I understand from the people playing this thread that there's 'skillful' play and I feel like I'm just not doing it correctly.

Can an expert give me some #ProStratsOnly ?

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019

I'm like 2 hours in the game (just beat Mysterio), playing on Mighty, and the combat feels really clunky, like I'm doing something wrong, like it just feels like it's taking me too long to kill through trash mobs. I notice that the big enemy types have the purple bars, and you're supposed to deplete those purple bars first... but just, straight up attacking them (?) and then once they're staggered or something, then I'm suppose to just, attack them more (?). I don't get the "strategy" there, it just feels like two health bars, one is purple and one is red. Am I supposed to be doing something differently?

Also yeah, I feel like there's so many enemies on screen, that I just get surrounded and trapped in hit stun by someone hitting me from any direction, and then I start doing a combo, and someone else hits me out of my combo string. It all just feels clunky. I understand from the people playing this thread that there's 'skillful' play and I feel like I'm just not doing it correctly.

Find each characters best stagger and damage moves (they're rated on the ability page with a letter grade), use synergy attacks.

Just spam dodge if you're getting hitstunned

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017

Find each characters best stagger and damage moves (they're rated on the ability page with a letter grade), use synergy attacks.

Just spam dodge if you're getting hitstunned

I'm no expert but what Radeo said is good advice. Also the enemies/bosses have patterns you'll see the more you okay. Also don't forget to upgrade your ISO's and alliance grid to buff your team up.

Oct 25, 2017
Ms. Marvel's hurricane kick + leveled blue ISO-8 that gives basically double XP is making the leveling of my team from about 75 all the way to 100 much, much, MUCH easier.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have this game not work with their sound bar and sub? I can play any other game on my Switch and it sounds great. I turn this game on and it's like the sound is muted and I can't hear anything. I have to turn my sound bar off and use the TV speakers when playing this game. I checked for options in the menu but I don't see anything weird going on.

Anyone else notice this?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a silly question, but after searching I can't seem to find a good answer - regarding Infinity mode - how many challenges are there to unlock/do? I just reached the X-Mansion and could have sworn it told me I'd unlocked several new challenges yet I still have only 1 list of infinity trials to do. So I'm wondering, are there only 48 stars to get on infinity trial mode or am I missing something obvious?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a silly question, but after searching I can't seem to find a good answer - regarding Infinity mode - how many challenges are there to unlock/do? I just reached the X-Mansion and could have sworn it told me I'd unlocked several new challenges yet I still have only 1 list of infinity trials to do. So I'm wondering, are there only 48 stars to get on infinity trial mode or am I missing something obvious?

There are others that will unlock ask you hit certain story points.
I believe the Magneto and Loki one unlocks after you defeat them. The Thanos set unlocks after clearing Mighty.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the Magneto and Loki one unlocks after you defeat them. The Thanos set unlocks after clearing Mighty.
They do not unlock after you beat them, you have to progress further in the story, I believe. Magneto wasn't unlocked immediately for me, but after I beat the game and checked again, now he is.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is that another challenge unlocking? Or another challenge tier? As I only have "Gamma" unlocked at the moment and I wonder if there are more aside from that.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
No word on a performance patch?
I find this unplayable as is

Really? Have you tried restarting your Switch or anything? I'm about 20% through my second play and cleared a bunch if Infinity Trials. While performance isn't perfect, I find it far from unplayable...

They do not unlock after you beat them, you have to progress further in the story, I believe. Magneto wasn't unlocked immediately for me, but after I beat the game and checked again, now he is.

Story progression makes more sense!

Is that another challenge unlocking? Or another challenge tier? As I only have "Gamma" unlocked at the moment and I wonder if there are more aside from that.

Yes, you unlock Psi, Sigma, Lambda, and Omega as you go.

Nov 14, 2017
If I have a character holding the ISOs that increase the chance of rare high leveled ISOs dropping, do I have to play as them for the ISOs to work or will it happen even if they're CPU controlled?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Really? Have you tried restarting your Switch or anything? I'm about 20% through my second play and cleared a bunch if Infinity Trials. While performance isn't perfect, I find it far from unplayable...

Story progression makes more sense!

Yes, you unlock Psi, Sigma, Lambda, and Omega as you go.
Thanks for confirming. For some reason I just couldn't find that info on the Internet (most stuff was just showing early gamma challenges). Glad to know anyway, plenty of extra challenge awaits me! Plus they are fantastic ways to farm for ISO-8 and level up more characters.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
If I have a character holding the ISOs that increase the chance of rare high leveled ISOs dropping, do I have to play as them for the ISOs to work or will it happen even if they're CPU controlled?

As long as they're a part of your 4-person team, it'll work whether you're controlling them or the CPU is.

For my initial Team XP ISO-8 farming runs, I wanted to get as close to 100% or more drop rate/chance for white, rare, and higher quality ISO-8's (in that order). Based on my inventory at the time, as well as the number of available slots I had, I spread the three stat buffs across multiple team members. Ended up with 14 Team XP ISO-8's after many, many runs in Ultimate difficulty.

Oct 25, 2017
Early on in my Ultimate-level playthrough and with all team members above 80 except Ms. Marvel at 76, I decided to try and unlock the final unlockable character. Did it first try, though without Ms. Marvel, it would have been a total nightmare. Her hurricane kick eats stagger bars for breakfast.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I am level 20 and tried to beat that Infinity Dr Octopus L10 challenge and have gotten wrecked left & right. I dont know how to popoff synergy attacks properly so I do no dmg. Sucks to be ignorant

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
So it looks like today's 1.02 patch got rid of the character dupe glitch and...nothing else.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the story mode on Mighty. Final boss is a bit of a difficulty spike...

Final team was Spider-Man, Miles, Gwen, and Kamala. Gonna poke around with some other folks now and work on infinity trials before I move on to the higher difficulties.