• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game on mighty yesterday with Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool and Nightcrawler.

But I know already that those 4 will have a hardtime on higher difficulties.

Tried a team of Magneto, Storm, Wasp and Star-Lord or Ms. Marvel instead of Was or Star-Lord and hell... This team is no joke. The freezing of storm and the constant spam of tornados just stuns enemies or throws them up all the time.
Gonna get those to 45 and try superior with them

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally unlocked Thanos. 😅

I had a team of Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Crystal. All low 90's / high 80's. Still took me a few tries, but it wasn't as bad as my earlier attempts.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Loving the game so far. Still in the Shadowlands and only Level 15 on a couple characters so still early. Team of Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Spider-Gwen.

I was wondering if anyone knew about leveling characters across playthroughs. I expect to play through on Mighty once, and then a couple of times with different groups. If I play through in coop on another player's story, will I be able to level up those characters I haven't touched? Or are my character's levels tied to when I am party leader?

Maybe there is no party leader that controls what missions you play?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if anyone knew about leveling characters across playthroughs. I expect to play through on Mighty once, and then a couple of times with different groups. If I play through in coop on another player's story, will I be able to level up those characters I haven't touched? Or are my character's levels tied to when I am party leader?

Maybe there is no party leader that controls what missions you play?
I don't know how it works with co-op, but you're not limited to character selection once you finish the main story. You'll be able to choose any of your unlocked characters at any point on later playthroughs. Though leveling can be a bit of a slog, it gets easier once you start getting the XP bonus ISOs. There's one in the Asgard level on Superior difficulty that gives 100% bonus XP once fully upgraded, and one of the later Infinity trials gives you an ISO that will give 100% bonus XP to your entire team. And you can stack them once you get more. That's when the real power-leveling can begin.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I read more of these stats people are achieving, it makes me think I'm playing the game wrong. I try to keep everyone around the same level, but that only worked until the Xavier Mansion when I started getting my ass kicked. And I had to drop the difficulty down to the lowest setting, and went from there.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So the 1.0.2 update removed the 4 char glitch and only that, right? So in that case, I'm not updating yet. I'm utilizing that to grind up the solo char trials because leveling is such a pain.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I wish Klaw didn't look so much like a Megaman villain, but I guess the comics haven't caught up to the Andy Serkis MCU look.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
All characters at 100, every infinity trial finished. Now what?

(6 team and 9 solo 100% XP bonus ISOs change everything)

Deleted member 35509

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Ms Marvel is my favorite. My best team that takes down most bosses in a couple of minutes is Ms Marvel, Storm, Thanos and Magneto. Mags and Marvel are killer for different reasons, Storm's ice barrage is great and Thanos is a good tank.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ms Marvel is my favorite. My best team that takes down most bosses in a couple of minutes is Ms Marvel, Storm, Thanos and Magneto. Mags and Marvel are killer for different reasons, Storm's ice barrage is great and Thanos is a good tank.
I've heard Black Panther is a good boss-killer. But my main team is Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Crystal. I just recently swapped out those last two for Loki and Thanos. Aside from Loki, everyone is like in the mid-90's so nothing matters.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally picked this up, not very far but wow, this is perfect so far. Exactly what you want an ultimate alliance game to be, and SOO many characters off the bat, having a lot of fun experimenting.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm busy so I'll probably do superior when Cyclops and Colossus drop and do a X-men run through

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished superior don't update yet because i Wait to finish all solo character at 100

Hulk 100 starlord 100 magneto 70 Thanos90 Loki 70 Thor 70 are my most played characters

finished all 4 rift 3 stars s+ (some s+are very hard )
going to do last run on ultimate level then last infinity rift.

it's crazy how game is so-so but so addictive too

Deleted member 35509

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
So is the fastest way to level up a team to equip everyone with the exp modifiers and play the level wakanda forever level 70 defeat 200 enemies?

Yup. I'd have Ms Marvel equipped with just team modifiers (always use her to stun enemies with the spin kick, it's ridiculous) and each team member with XP bonuses. If you don't have enough XP ISOs yet, equip rare drop, class upgrade and blue drop ISOs. Then jump into that Wakanda trial. Doesn't take long for lvl 6 to 100. So basically, you'll knock out 3 characters quickly. I also have the +10% XP alliance enhancement unlocked, go after that first.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who doesn't have Wakanda Forever unlocked there's a quick run repeatable XP cube trial in the third set where you fight Juggernaut with ability boosts. With Ms. Marvel you can stun and kill him in about 15 seconds. Use the spin kick to stun and the rapid fists to kill and it goes super fast.

I managed to level my X-Team from ~6 --> 50 in an hour or two. I don't have any XP ISO-8 so I had to find something quick and mindless for grinding purposes. I did get the 10% XP upgrade though.

My Superior team is Wolverine, Psylocke, Scarlet Witch (healing is REALLY nice), and Magneto. Been playing through with them and really enjoying it. I'm up to the Xavier Institute so far.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the game twice and am currently grinding the Wakanda rift for team XP crystals (4 so far) and to level up everyone. Playing online with randoms has a been hit or miss for me because I get disconnected or can't join the room 8 times out of 10. Other than that, it's a classic "7/10" game that's very addicting. Can't wait for Blade and Punisher. Also hoping for big overhaul to how ISO-8s are managed.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Yup. I'd have Ms Marvel equipped with just team modifiers (always use her to stun enemies with the spin kick, it's ridiculous) and each team member with XP bonuses. If you don't have enough XP ISOs yet, equip rare drop, class upgrade and blue drop ISOs. Then jump into that Wakanda trial. Doesn't take long for lvl 6 to 100. So basically, you'll knock out 3 characters quickly. I also have the +10% XP alliance enhancement unlocked, go after that first.

Thanks for the advice! I seem to be gaining about two levels per run, so it shouldn't take to much longer. It's a grind for sure lol

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hmmm, what if they do a NSO printable cover with the dlc characters only
Also Jawmuncher could you remove the mark spoilers from the title now? And how are you enjoying the game

Oct 28, 2017
Enjoying the game more than I thought I would, but I am dying for the release of my boy Cyclops. I really miss the depth of X-men legends 2 rpg elements, but this is a nice distraction for the time being.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using Luke Cage, Elektra, Ms Marvel and Elsa Bloodstone and am liking the team. Don't know if it will be good for higher difficulties. I am thinking of swapping out Elsa though as she seems a bit underwhelming, any suggestions?

I really wish Jessica Jones was playable. I'd have her, Luke, Iron Fist and Daredevil if I could!

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I've been using Luke Cage, Elektra, Ms Marvel and Elsa Bloodstone and am liking the team. Don't know if it will be good for higher difficulties. I am thinking of swapping out Elsa though as she seems a bit underwhelming, any suggestions?

I use Elektra, Elsa, Ghost Rider, and Storm and I personally find Elsa to be maybe the strongest character on that team. Her bullet dance is both a good area clear while also doing absurd damage on large bosses like Sandman and Dormammu while her big wind up rifle shot ability does something like 100k damage at level 50 if you fully charge it and demolishes stagger bars and can RIP through a line of enemies.

I probably would recommend a flying character of some kind though... I've found Wasp and Storm to both be very sold.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
I use Elektra, Elsa, Ghost Rider, and Storm and I personally find Elsa to be maybe the strongest character on that team. Her bullet dance is both a good area clear while also doing absurd damage on large bosses like Sandman and Dormammu while her big wind up rifle shot ability does something like 100k damage at level 50 if you fully charge it and demolishes stagger bars and can RIP through a line of enemies.

I probably would recommend a flying character of some kind though... I've found Wasp and Storm to both be very sold.

Ah thanks, maybe I'll level her up a bit more. I really like her moves.

I could switch out Elektra for a flying character, I'll have a look. Just a real pain to get low level characters caught up so you almost don't want to experiment with different teams.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
3 team exp bonus ISOs, the Asgard individual xp boost, and one rainbow with individual xp boost thus far. Still going a little slower than I'd hoped.

One quick question:

I keep seeing mention of an ISO that provides a chance at a class upgrade for ISO drops. Is it the "improved chance of rare ISO drop" one, or some other description (I'm assuming it's a white ISO)?

Deleted member 35509

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
3 team exp bonus ISOs, the Asgard individual xp boost, and one rainbow with individual xp boost thus far. Still going a little slower than I'd hoped.

One quick question:

I keep seeing mention of an ISO that provides a chance at a class upgrade for ISO drops. Is it the "improved chance of rare ISO drop" one, or some other description (I'm assuming it's a white ISO)?

Different and I only have one. I used it along with the rare ISO drop and Blue ISO drop. That combo helped me get 9 XP boost ISOs.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the story. Its a lot longer than I was expecting.

Not sure I want to go back and play it.

The game encourages you to basically stick with one team if you want to 100% which is kinda lame since in my second play through, I would have done all new characters.

Overall, while the game is fun, it lacks a lot of polish. And what I think is terrible game design, giving you something incredibly fun only after you've done absolutely everything and kinda dont want to play anymore.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the story. Its a lot longer than I was expecting.

Not sure I want to go back and play it.

The game encourages you to basically stick with one team if you want to 100% which is kinda lame since in my second play through, I would have done all new characters.

Overall, while the game is fun, it lacks a lot of polish. And what I think is terrible game design, giving you something incredibly fun only after you've done absolutely everything and kinda dont want to play anymore.

I think Infinity Trials are a good place to experiment and try out new characters. Some of them set up some really interesting challenges too. I've been really enjoying trying out alternative characters in them to try and get 3 stars.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
When do you start seeing exp orbs? NG+?

I personally didn't see any Team XP ones until I unlocked the ultimate difficulty Wakanda Level 61 Rift.

One quick question:

Someone made a spreadsheet