• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halfway through ultimate. Not hard with 100 hulk 95 Thanos 90 starlord and another

just saw right now I had a white team xp and a blue one. Upgraded to 100% both. Going to be much easier

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why new characters aren't scaled to whatever your highest level is really. Capping it at 30 is rough.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why new characters aren't scaled to whatever your highest level is really. Capping it at 30 is rough.
I know you get XP cubes and everything but I think its an overall problem is that characters don't scale. The game doesn't really encourage you to switch but to stick with the same characters.

Yeah you can level them up playing the same infinity trial over and over, but that's not really fun and its artificial game length.

I love this game, but I think it could use some polish.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows how much time buff last ? For exemple captain America fully upgraded. Seconds? Minutes ?

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
The rate that you get XP cubes feels really poorly thought out. I'm not sure if crates has predetermined drops in the campaign, but all I get are ability orbs, which I have a stockpile of because my characters aren't all leveled up enough to even need to use them. I appreciate everyone not leveling up together, it gives people the option to do it manually if they want, but I really do miss being able to switch between characters on the fly without suddenly having the difficulty curb stomp me. XP cubes made sense as a middle ground but I've almost beat the campaign and one set of infinity trails and I just feel like I have barely gotten enough XP cubes to make any difference in my overall roster level.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
XP Cubes work if you need to level up a specific character (for their costumes trials for example, or just because you want to use someone who is really low level). But, yes, they aren't really useful if you want to carry an entire team and are basically pointless to attempt to keep everyone's levels balanced.

Last edited:

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Started finally playing this last night with a friend. The game feels fun, but the camera is not great.

My biggest surprise/disappointment is that when doing online coop, only the host can switch characters. That's so dumb. I don't know why it can't be 2 and 2 if 2 players are on the team.

Oct 25, 2017
2ysveyw5o0f31.jpg

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we're getting more than four characters per pack, though it would be nice if the villains of each story (like Dracula and Doctor Doom) could be unlocked through new Infinity Trials.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I don't think we're getting more than four characters per pack, though it would be nice if the villains of each story (like Dracula and Doctor Doom) could be unlocked through new Infinity Trials.
I mean I'd say we'd at least get one boss character playable from each pack as the human ones usually use a playable moveset with an extra gimmick. Yeah Doom, Namor, Dracula and Silver Surfer would be the most likely ones

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I like the game, but a lot of the design decisions are pretty questionable. The focus on synergy, the relatively linear and uninspired level design, the funnelling towards using one team (despite having the biggest MUA roster yet). I got the urge to use one of the Guardians in my team last night but I hadn't used them in a long time so they were pretty seriously underlevelled. The main story is no joke, but the Infinity Trials are insane. I know several characters are unlocked this way, and man.

And don't even get me started on the lack of actual alternate costumes. That was teased in a big way from the start, and the fact it comes down to palette swaps is immensely disappointing.

It goes MUA1 > MUA3 > MUA2 for me. The threequel is a big improvement on its predecessor, but that isn't a big ask.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
The game's difficulty spikes are ridiculous

The game was boring easy in the X-Men level and I had to switch the difficulty down to easy for the Strange fight

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can finally update the game
I've been staying offline for the x1 glitch I leveled up to 100 all Solo rift characters (3+2+3+3 if I'm correct )
I have half the roster to 100 and still the last rift to do

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The game's difficulty spikes are ridiculous

The game was boring easy in the X-Men level and I had to switch the difficulty down to easy for the Strange fight
I thought the Strange fight was the only real spike in the main game (Mighty). It was the only time I needed to change to my main team to win (which I use in the trials) rather than just going Captain America + 3 lowest level characters.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because in Mighty difficulty, the only boss fight I had trouble with was Dormammu. I started playing Superior afterwards and I breezed through Dormammu but M.O.D.O.K. gave me lots of trouble, way more than Dormammu had given me in Mighty. Up until that point, I had kind of forgotten that M.O.D.O.K. was even in the game since you fight so many bosses.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for this too. I'd be fine with 4 characters + 1 unlockable final boss from the associated campaigns. Also, I hope they stick to characters we haven't seen anywhere at all in the game yet (mostly with respect to the X-Men DLC).

I feel the FF pack is somewhat predictable in terms of the characters that they'd include. Either those four, Doom, Silver Surfer, Namor, and if they try to be a little risky, Super-Skrull, Mole Man, Annihilus, or Galacta. Just like in MvC3, I'd take Super-Skrull over individual Fantastic Four any day. Pair that with Silver Surfer, Namor, a sympathetic Doom + Annihilus as a villain? Sold.

X-Men on the other hand? Sooooooo much more to pull from, especially if they switch it up and throw non-X-men mutants in there. If Elsa Bloodstone can make it, so can Sauron!

Gimme Cable, Jean/Phoenix, Dust, Dazzler (R.I.P. framerate) + Mr. Sinister.

Or go full Mvc2 and do Sentinel, Spiral, Silver Samurai, Bone Claws Wolverine + Omega Red lmao

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Hoping for this too. I'd be fine with 4 characters + 1 unlockable final boss from the associated campaigns. Also, I hope they stick to characters we haven't seen anywhere at all in the game yet (mostly with respect to the X-Men DLC).

I feel the FF pack is somewhat predictable in terms of the characters that they'd include. Either those four, Doom, Silver Surfer, Namor, and if they try to be a little risky, Super-Skrull, Mole Man, Annihilus, or Galacta. Just like in MvC3, I'd take Super-Skrull over individual Fantastic Four any day. Pair that with Silver Surfer, Namor, a sympathetic Doom + Annihilus as a villain? Sold.

X-Men on the other hand? Sooooooo much more to pull from, especially if they switch it up and throw non-X-men mutants in there. If Elsa Bloodstone can make it, so can Sauron!

Gimme Cable, Jean/Phoenix, Dust, Dazzler (R.I.P. framerate) + Mr. Sinister.

Or go full Mvc2 and do Sentinel, Spiral, Silver Samurai, Bone Claws Wolverine + Omega Red lmao
Been a while since someone name dropped Galacta. Reminds me of vanilla Marvel 3 discussion.

But I'd be so hyped if we somehow got at least one unlockable villain per pack. I really want Doom, but playable Annihilus would be so dope. And playable Mr. Sinister...or playable Mahvel Sentinel!!!

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that the X-Men DLC will be loosely based on the Dark Phoenix Saga. The Hellfire Club is alluded to in the main story, and the Hellfire Club soldiers make for a really obvious new grunt type.

m0XA9LI.jpg

You'd fight Emma Frost and possibly Sebastian Shaw as bosses, and the final battle would be against Dark Phoenix.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I have a feeling that the X-Men DLC will be loosely based on the Dark Phoenix Saga. The Hellfire Club is alluded to in the main story, and the Hellfire Club soldiers make for a really obvious new grunt type.

m0XA9LI.jpg

You'd fight Emma Frost and possibly Sebastian Shaw as bosses, and the final battle would be against Dark Phoenix.
So what 4 mains could we likely get? Jean Grey/Phoenix and Emma Frost could be 5th and 6th unlockables.

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
i havent picked this game up yet. Im really tempted to download it tonight. Lookin for a fun action game

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got an XP ISO-8 and it was a big one. AA Blue +100% XP. Really cut down on my leveling time. I finished Superior difficulty. Not sure I'm going back to clean up Ultimate. I unlocked all the characters and had a good time with the ones I played though. Definitely worth the voucher credit I used.

The final fight was actually easier on Superior but I'm guessing that was a combination of knowing the fight + all the extra power from the hex grid and levels.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That last fight got a bit too intense with all the shit going on on-screen. I could barely dodge things because of how much was happening.

I beat it though, and unlocked Superior. But I won't lie, leveling up other characters feels like a real drag in this game. Like I want to use Wolverine but he's fucking level 6. Even if I use every XP cube I've been hoarding I think it gets him to like level 27

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
That last fight got a bit too intense with all the shit going on on-screen. I could barely dodge things because of how much was happening.

I beat it though, and unlocked Superior. But I won't lie, leveling up other characters feels like a real drag in this game. Like I want to use Wolverine but he's fucking level 6. Even if I use every XP cube I've been hoarding I think it gets him to like level 27
Any rush trial is great for leveling up. But the best one is the level 48 rush on the lambda trials. The bosses keep respawning so you get great exp levels beating them over and over.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Any tips on completing Wolverines Scrap Metal, Black Panthers Panthers Plight, & Stange's Dark Magic challenges? (Aside from over levelling them?) Also, what crystals should they have equipped?

For Strange's, I just finished it. He was just one level higher than the challenge, using 2 ISOs for Mastery and 1 for skill damage. In the beginning, grab a rock, absorb beams from the rock mosters until it becomes a giant purple sphere (the bigger ones have a charged rushing attack, so make sure to avoid that) and throw it. Grab a 2nd rock and do it all over again to hit Dormammu for a lot of damage, then follow it up with spamming Strange's fire attack. to break his remaining HP until the halfway point where there is a damage limit. If you're hit when trying to throw the second rock, change to spamming specials and then throw a second rock afterwards to stun him again and just go straight to spamming specials.

Once you get to the halfway point of his health, Dormammu will create a magic barrier. To destroy it, you just need to throw two stones that are partially charge (the small purple aura, don't need the giant one). Afterwards, you'll need to hit him again with a fully charge stone to stun him, and then either another stone or just spamming the fire attack. He once it hits the last segment of his health he will put up a barrier again, just repeat that, and now his hp is so low you can just finish him off once the barrier falls by throwing a single charge rock or spamming fire spells.

You can charge the rocks, from the beams of the stone enemies, or even Dormmamu's fire attack (stand on the border rather than the center). Not the meteors or spikes though. In the 2nd half of the battle, the fire balls from the orb to the sides of the level and also even the lightning can be absorbed too. You can also instantly charge it from Dormammu's full screen magic explosion spell.