• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Beat the game with my squad of Ms. Marvel/Elsa Bloodstone/Wolverine/Deadpool, now time to clean up some trials, and then pick a new team and go through the whole game again!

Oct 28, 2017
is it me or does black panthers shield reflect attack not work vs bosses? it does almost nothing, but destroys regular enemies.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished my first playthrough of Three Houses so I can finally play this. How excited should I be?

I wouldn't get overly excited or you'll be severely disappointed like me lol.

Game is just ok. It's fun, but has too many drawbacks currently. Plus the worst camera ever.

Crossing fingers they patch it up soon, game has potential.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
This game gets really fun when you start unlocking everyone and getting them all to level 20+. The issues I had with Synergy at the beginning of the game are largely gone now because I have a nice wide range of moves to use. Not sure if its just me, but I just can't use one lot of characters, I've been switching them up every mission or so - just got Black Panther and Storm, both (especially Storm) seem really good. Just in Storms case I can't help but think back to X-Men COTA as her main moves are quite similar to her supers/moves there, and I love it.

And the more I play around with other characters them more I discover ones I didn't expect to love. Wasp especially just comes across as super fun to use. Hawkeye as well at least feels better than his UA1 self (who flat out sucks until you get all his trick arrows unlocked). Wasp and Hawkeye + Synergy attacks = chaos. Its wonderful, Currently running a team of Captain Marvel (who is great leveled up), Spider Gwen, Black Panther and Storm. The game very much reminds me of the first game how they have you traveling to different areas in the Marvel Universe and fighting a nice range of cool bosses, only this time it just feels.... better? Not quite sure what it is, aside from the combat being 1000x better than UA1, but I really prefer the roster in this game of both heroes and villains. The game itself has so many technical issues, but its not stopping me from loving the game.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished all difficulty / rift 3 stars S and 20/36 at level 100. Gridding those ISO's now. Very enjoyable game.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
What is the easiest way to lvl up the low lvl characters after finishing the story for the first time? I played co-op at launch and we want to lvl up some other characters before going through again on hard. Whats the fastest way to get the other characters lvled up? I assume its trials like the defeat X number of enemies, but for now i think lvl 14 or 15 is the highest one I have and it doesnt lvl them up particularly fast.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What is the easiest way to lvl up the low lvl characters after finishing the story for the first time? I played co-op at launch and we want to lvl up some other characters before going through again on hard. Whats the fastest way to get the other characters lvled up? I assume its trials like the defeat X number of enemies, but for now i think lvl 14 or 15 is the highest one I have and it doesnt lvl them up particularly fast.

Go to the highest level trial of the "enhanced damage, defeat x enemies" type that you can finish while carrying a weak character. They're full of strong enemies that start falling really quickly in the second half due to the amplified damage, so they seem to be the best way of leveling up.

Oct 28, 2017
On second playthrough and the game was mostly everything I loved about the x-men legends games and better than MUA has been in the past, I just agree that it sucks how the game punishes you for wanting to try different characters. I wish there was some sort of just for fun terribly balanced pvp like x-men legends had and maybe if the light/heavy attacks had some more flow for combo patterns to them.

That said I'm addicted and cant wait for cyclops.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Level 40 Team:
Captain America, Wolverine, Gamora, Crystal

I love playing as Crystal. Great burst attacks and her basic attack is straight out of PN03.

Game surprised me, honestly. It needs a sequel to build upon this.

I really like the presentation too.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game today. The very end felt a bit... rushed? I just mean the whole
fact that Thanos really gets no development aside from being an evil asshole. Thane's backstab I saw coming a million miles away though.

Overall I loved the game though, felt like a love letter to the Marvel Universe - the X-Men section was especially awesome, as was the opening Spidey centric level on the raft. Now to get to the challenges. I'd love to get a few more characters leveled up as well, as I did manage to use everyone at least once in the main game, but it was a bit annoying at the end where if I chose someone (like Star Lord and Gamora) that were only level 7 when I started, I had to grind for a little while to get them in fighting shape.
But yeah, loved the range of playable characters and baddies included and definitely can't wait for the DLC.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Finished the game today. The very end felt a bit... rushed? I just mean the whole
fact that Thanos really gets no development aside from being an evil asshole. Thane's backstab I saw coming a million miles away though.

As far as Thanos goes, it felt like they wanted to give nods to both movie and comic Thanos but didn't really think about how they'd tie those two takes together, so he's left very surface level. You get quotes about how he is obsessed with death and Deadpool's random comment about how she is his girlfriend so Thanos has no chance, but you also get Thanos talking during the battle about how he'd bring order to the universe by balancing life and death and yet none of that is ever explained.

Last edited:

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man, the lack of costumes, infinity trials and basically locking out characters for use later on due to being too low levelled, is kind of killing this game for me. Shame because gameplay wise I love it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
As far as Thanos goes, it felt like they wanted to give nods to both movie and comic Thanos but didn't really think about how they'd tie those two takes together, so he's left very surface level. You get quotes about how he is obsessed with death and Deadpool's random comment about how she is his girlfriend so Thanos has no chance, but you also get Thanos talking during the battle about how he'd bring order to the universe by balancing life and death.
Yup, exactly the same conclusion I came to. I guess I'd kinda liked him to have just slightly more screentime to set up his big scheme, but in the end they kinda kept his personality intact. Plus the Deadpool line was fantastic (so glad they remembered to reference the weird love triangle that is Thanos/Deadpool/Death!)

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I finished the game with Iron Man (my main), Star Lord, Doctor Strange and Elsa Bloodstone (whom I had never heard of before this game). I played mostly solo and had a lot of fun. I did some of the trials and I'll be happy to come back ti it every time I get a Marvel itch. I also like that you can replay the game with a level recommendation that picks up right where the final level finished.

The one big bummer about this game is that unused characters don't level up. So basically unless I grind the trials and spend all my XP bonuses, I will always be stuck with the 4 characters I've been playing with from the start. There are other's I'd like to take for a spin but I'm not going to spend hours leveling them up to 40 something.

At least they could have brought old characters up to the current level requirement when your replay the game on hard and reach the point where you would have unlocked them.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the lack of costumes, infinity trials and basically locking out characters for use later on due to being too low levelled, is kind of killing this game for me. Shame because gameplay wise I love it.
Same. The infinity trials are boring rehashes of the story mode levels and don't give out enough xp. And having so many characters to choose from when they're all super underleveled just sucks. Those early solo trials suck too because there's basically one or two available trials to grind on and that's it.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just farm some xp ISO's. You can level up 3 characters assuming you have one carrying the group at level 100 in half hour

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Where are the best white exp isos found? Will I stumble into some in new game + stuff?
They seem to only appear in New Game ++ /Ultimate difficulty. I started Ultimate, unlocked the Rush/Wave trials in Omega and got two more blue 100% XP ISOs. I'm trying to fish for the white team XP ISOs, but I haven't encountered one yet.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Where are the best white exp isos found? Will I stumble into some in new game + stuff?

Ultimate difficulty, Wakanda level 61 Rush trial (requires you to find the Shadowlands level rift in the zen garden on that difficulty). I've been farming/leveling up there for a while now. Currently rolling with 7 team xp ISOs and 5 blue individual xp boost ISOs. Have all the characters at level 80 or higher, with 9 at lvl 100.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Ultimate difficulty, Wakanda level 61 Rush trial (requires you to find the Shadowlands level rift in the zen garden on that difficulty). I've been farming/leveling up there for a while now. Currently rolling with 7 team xp ISOs and 5 blue individual xp boost ISOs. Have all the characters at level 80 or higher, with 9 at lvl 100.

Many thanks guys.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Mighty, Superior and Ultimate. Leveled up all characters to 100. Finished all Infinity trials and completed the hex. I'm 94% completed with the artwork and can't really be bothered to go back and break some crates for them. Clocked in at 95 hours according to the Switch time. Now I'll just wait for the DLC to drop. I can finally move onto Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished Mighty, Superior and Ultimate. Leveled up all characters to 100. Finished all Infinity trials and completed the hex. I'm 94% completed with the artwork and can't really be bothered to go back and break some crates for them. Clocked in at 95 hours according to the Switch time. Now I'll just wait for the DLC to drop. I can finally move onto Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
Almost like you. I'm 95% and all 100. Trials 3stars S+ every single one too. But I miss some crates.
I've found a list of all location online but can't bother because game don't say which one you're missing and you can't just go take a checkpoint break the crates and leave. Need to reach another CP. So it actually means doing the game story all over again 3 times. Without me

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally finished the game. Story wasn't great but decent enough, pacing was completely off though, last chapter came out of nowhere.

Gameplay was great, characters looked good and overall feel was solid, but everything else kind of disappointed me. Could have easily used more development time to flesh out the side content and costumes and what not.

Better than the second game but nowhere near the first sadly.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I want to dive back in, but I'm finishing the Elektra fight on Superior and it's annoying. I cant imagine it on Ultimate. Me levels are mid-50s across the team. Maybe I need to change it up? Running Cap/Storm/Ms Marvel/Elsa

SevenOfRhyme

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I want to dive back in, but I'm finishing the Elektra fight on Superior and it's annoying. I cant imagine it on Ultimate. Me levels are mid-50s across the team. Maybe I need to change it up? Running Cap/Storm/Ms Marvel/Elsa

Swap Elsa for wasp/Deadpool and spam your ms marvel spin kick for mobs/rapid punch for bosses and you'll breeze through superior/ultimate. 😏

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So considering all the marvel capcom references already in the game, what if Punisher's moveset is based off this:

Complete with battle axe

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, does anybody know how to do the Don't get damaged fighting Juggernaut challenge? How do you pull it off?

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
So, does anybody know how to do the Don't get damaged fighting Juggernaut challenge? How do you pull it off?
Had a lot of trouble with this too, but basically, never pre-emptively attack him, only when he is recovering. The part that'll get you frustrated is when he punches and you don't think he will body slam but he does. Basically dodge unless he's recovering from a body slam or he's charging up that red punch. The trial rewards patience, and with Juggs you can be as patient as you want. Also, don't bother with the throwable electrical boxes, they're useless.

With Ms. Marvel + Wasp you can one phase him once staggered.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck are you supposed to beat
Corvus Glaive (and Proxima Midnight) at Xavier Institute?

Honestly thought it was one of those battles you're intended to lose until I see that to get three of the last rare boxes you gotta beat them. I'm two-to-three times the level I need to be to beat them and they take basically no damage. What am I doing wrong?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck are you supposed to beat
Corvus Glaive (and Proxima Midnight) at Xavier Institute?

Honestly thought it was one of those battles you're intended to lose until I see that to get three of the last rare boxes you gotta beat them. I'm two-to-three times the level I need to be to beat them and they take basically no damage. What am I doing wrong?
You can't really beat them until later when your characters are leveled super-high.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
My main complaint is the game doesn't know its target audience. It should be a coop Family game that kids who love the MCU can play alone or with their parents/siblings.

This game is just too hardcore. Having to optimize the ISO build, grind EXP, balance your team for synergy attacks etc.

It should be more straightforward.

Even easy mode is not quite easy. You still have to engage with the game's systems and not just button mash.

Characters you don't pick not getting any EXP is pure bullshit.

The other ultimate alliance games where just simpler and more straight to the point.

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
I completed the story mode on Wednesday and I thought it was a pretty fun ride. The difficulty spike in Chapter 6 was very sudden, considering that the game had a fair progression up until that point. The roster of the game is fantastic. Ms. Marvel won me over in this game. Led me to buying her book. Plus, she's ridiculously strong. Her Sweet Combo Attack or whatever it's called can whiffle down that stun meter fast. That spin kick attack, can clear foes quickly, too. She was so strong she basically never left my team. I do wish there were some alternate costumes, but at least we know they're coming via DLC. Speaking of that, I can't wait for that to drop! Taking a break from MUA3 for a little bit to catch up on other games. Can't wait for Cyclops and Colossus. I'll tackle those trials soon.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Holy shit those boss fight trials where you have to kill 80 or more enemies and wait for them to slowly respawn to meet the quota are the worst.